I've been running build 133 on the old kernel and using the ItalySatDTT plugin to get my usb DTT going.
The ItalySatDTT doesn't support the new kernel, so I've been trying to figure how to get my DTT going with the new builds. I've finally succeeded and I'm now running build 190. Below I have set out how I got my device working.
There are drivers for various usb DTT devices in the plugin downloads, but none for the af9035 devices! My device is an Avermedia Twinstar (a825) usb dual dtt which uses the af9035 chipset.
Well, I tried the following from Telnet
Code:
opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-af9035
This resulted in various encouraging things being installed from the Vix feeds. I then rebooted but my device was not detected.
Then I tried installing the driver plugin for dib0700 (even though this didn't suit my device)... and I noted that (apart from kernel modules) it installed firmware files and also usbtunerhelper start script.
Then I located a firmware for the af9035 (BlackHole site) and ftp'd it into the same directory as the dib0700 firmware.
After another reboot, my device was detected and is working (so far so good).
Okay so I got lucky and everything is sweet. (The SNR and Signal Strength are still rubbish).
Is there any reason why the af9035 drivers cannot be made available via the plugin menu... as they do seem to work? The "opkg install ..." found most of the necessary files except for the firmware file and the installation of the usbtunerhelper. It appears as though it would be straightforward to add the af9035 devices?
Thanks for all the hardwork. I'm happy to be back using a fairly current Vix image rather than Blackhole.