Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] VU+ Solo2 crashes on restart

  • Thread starter Thread starter MarkPIX
  • Start date Start date
M

MarkPIX

Guest
Hi, I am new to these forums and would appreciate some help.

I want to restart my box but keep getting a crash error as of today. I tried to install a plugin earlier today but crashed and said not enough space free or something along those lines. Since then it crashes every time I restart.
Has anyone got any suggestions on what to do?
I have attached a log.

Thanks in advance,
Mark.
 

Attachments

If you're familiar with telnet/putty then can you type the following command:-

Display free space statistics to the screen:-
Code:
df -h

Or, alternatively, save free space statistics as a log file:
Code:
df -h > /tmp/df.log

The second command will save the results as a text file named, "df.log" and this can be found in folder "/tmp/". You will need to use FTP software to view the file df.log and then attach it to a post.
 
Has anyone got any suggestions on what to do?
  • What additional storage do you have attached to the box.
  • Have you set your recordings to go there?
  • Have you set any EPG downloads you do to go there?
  • Have you set debug logs to go there?
What was this extension you downloaded? It's filled up a file-system partition, and my suspicion is that you have everything going to the internal flash (which isn't all that large).
 
If you're familiar with telnet/putty then can you type the following command:-

Thanks for the reply but i'm not familiar with telnet/putty.

  • What additional storage do you have attached to the box.
  • Have you set your recordings to go there?
  • Have you set any EPG downloads you do to go there?
  • Have you set debug logs to go there?
What was this extension you downloaded? It's filled up a file-system partition, and my suspicion is that you have everything going to the internal flash (which isn't all that large).

I have a 750gb internal HDD.
I have my recordings, epg downloads and logs all saving to my HDD.

I am just playing about with this box and trying to get films to work and see what else it can do as i've only had it 2 months so am still learning. I just tried downloading a movie plugin on kodi direct when I got the insufficient space crash error.

I did download a few different plugins on the plugin browser from the main menu before christmas which I don't use. I press red to remove plugins but nothing happens and the same for the green button to install more.
Is there any way of removing these plugins and changing the save directory for future plugins from the plugin browser?

Thanks for your help.
 
You can view free flash memory from within image... Menu button > Information > Memory

Then see how much free flash you have!
 
You can view free flash memory from within image... Menu button > Information > Memory

Then see how much free flash you have!

Thanks, that will be my problem then. I have 4.0K out of 194.8M.

Any ideas on how to clear it up a bit?
 
Did you say when you try to remove or add new plugins, you just get a blank screen?

This is due to a picon feed now offline - see this thread to remove feed.

Now try to remove some of the plugins you said you added that you no longer use!

Also, I know you said you save recording, epg to HDD but just check. Don't forget about timeshift (if applicable). You can also move your picons to HDD as well.
 
I was getting a blank screen on remove/install plugins but remove plugins came back on so removed a few things like TSmedia, iptv bouquet, subtitle or something and just general things I don't use out of the extensions drop down box. I looked at my flash space and had 54M.

I managed to restart my box with no crash error coming up but since my box booted up it stays on this home screen https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DmFNpeTRKDQ/maxresdefault.jpg with openvix please wait in the top corner and does absolutly nothing now. :eek:

I don't know whats happened but nothing works now, it doesn't respond to anything I press on the remote. :(
 
Not sure what happened, but this is where it is failing. I don't know how to install the module json.

Code:
<  1166.884>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 602, in <module>
<  1166.885>     import Components.InputHotplug
<  1166.885>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/InputHotplug.py", line 38, in <module>
<  1166.885>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/InputHotplug.py", line 7, in __init__
<  1166.886>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/reactor.py", line 38, in <module>
<  1166.886>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/default.py", line 56, in <module>
<  1166.886>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/default.py", line 52, in _getInstallFunction
<  1166.886>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/selectreactor.py", line 18, in <module>
<  1166.886>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/posixbase.py", line 18, in <module>
<  1166.887>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/udp.py", line 53, in <module>
<  1166.887>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 23, in <module>
<  1166.887>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 30, in <module>
<  1166.887>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/logger/__init__.py", line 120, in <module>
<  1166.888>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/logger/_json.py", line 10, in <module>
<  1166.888> ImportError: No module named json


If nobody posts a solution, stop the receiver with "init4" command.
Copy off files you need
Flash latest image.
 
I must have deleted it somehow when I removed some extensions out of the plugin area to free up some flash space. :o

I'll wait to see if I get a solution, if not i'll flash like you said.
Again, thanks very much for your help. :)
 
JSON I believe is part of python. No point in trying to install anything as you have no flash left.

I would personally just follow advice Abu has mentioned about copying files you need and flashing brand new latest image.

The main files are:-

Code:
autotimer.xml
settings
timers.xml
And these can be found in "/etc/enigma2"

These files, respectively, are any autotimers, general settings and your actual timers.
 
I must have deleted it somehow when I removed some extensions out of the plugin area to free up some flash space. :o
Looks like it - but given that it is under /usr/lib/python2.7 you were looking in unusual places for freeing space.
And why did you need to free space? Have you moved debug logs, piconms, EP{G downloads (etc.) onto USB/HDD drives?

You could start the box, login, run "init 4" and then:

Code:
 opkg --force-reinstall install python-json
to get it back.
 
I flashed the box with the latest vix image and am back up and running again :D

I am just learning what this box can do atm so was playing about and messed up. I have more of an idea now as what to do coming across certain problems.
I have one last question, is there any way to save plugins onto hdd rather than the flash drive? - Can I install the plugin from the plugins sections and then FTP the file onto my hdd?

Thanks everyone for the help as i'd be lost without you! ;)
 
The solo2 has enough RAM for most plugins. However, if you starting using the internal memory for the cache for IPTV plugins, you may start having issues.

Make a stable "viewing image" backup. Save it to PC/USB stick. Experiment. If things go pear shaped, flash the backup image.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top