Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ Utimo Newbie looking for advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Irish Bazza
  • Start date Start date
I

Irish Bazza

Guest
Having read this thread over the years, I have decided to take the plunge and purchase the new Vu+ Ultimo after the positive reviews. I am a newbie to the world of linux base satellite box, but I am looking forward to getting it set up, as I have a gadget head on me.

I have purchased the Ultimo with the two sat and one terrestrial tuner with a 2TB hardware built in. I would appreciate some advice on the best image, plug-in etc. My set up will be as follows:

Tuner 1 - Motor Dish
Tuner 2 - FTA channels at 28.2 East
Tuner 3 - Soarview

I would like to have a good reliable image/plugin EPG listings for both FTA, Motor (13 East for Canal+) and Soarview.

In addition, a plug-in if available for serial link recording would be a bonus for the hard drive recording ease of use.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
 
Well this is a Vix Forum m8, so Vix image I would say, only every installed Vix on my Duo and Ultimo, has everything I need, the wife can work it, but it's up to you what you put on it at the end of the day, install a few images, see what you think of each one, personally I only ever install Vix on mine and anybody elses I've done.
HTH
 
The Vix image the way to go.. Is there any nice plugin or will Vix cover it for my requirements as previously mention
 
There are a number of really decent bouquet packs / channel lists you can use, or modify to your needs depending on the satellites you wish to receive. as for the EPG you have 2 main options CrossEPG and Rytek. personally i would recommend CrossEPG with OpenTV setup for the sky uk channels as it download directly from the same source as sky them selves use ( a radio channel previously known as the hip hop channel ) and rytek for the others, however you must have a active internet connection to the receiver to download the rytek EPG sources.

If you can provide us with a little more information about your current setup and what you aim to achieve with it, we can tailor the advice we offer to suit your needs.
 
To give you some more details to assist you on my set up requirements. I am looking at the FTA channels at 28E with a good Epg listing for easy recording. I will be using USAL for driving a motor, but mostly use 13E for the sports and movie channels. The Terrestrial will be used for Soarview here in Ireland similar to the UK Freeview. I don't have a Sky Sub and not planning too. User friendly that the wife can use too for recording. Her very own Sky+ that her friends keep telling her about!
 
Are there vary many FTA sport and movie channels on 13E?
 
Are there vary many FTA sport and movie channels on 13E?

have a look at:
Code:
http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=13E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear
Scroll down the page for ch listings.
 
WOW thats a lot of channels......

What satellite has the most FTA movie channels is it 7E
 
Where can I download the latest Vix image from the Vu+ forum for the Ultimo? If someone can give me the link.
 
Do I download and flash the latest Vix released of VIX 2.3.204 only or do I need to load VIX 2.3.153 first. Just set up the Vu+ Ultimo today and just learning.
 
just use the latest version available.
 
I will be loading this evening the latest Vix image. Do I need to do any back up before I flash the image (channels, recorded tv programmes etc)? I am still learning
 
I will be loading this evening the latest Vix image. Do I need to do any back up before I flash the image (channels, recorded tv programmes etc)? I am still learning
Yes mate, if your doing a new flash back up your settings using blue button>VIX and backup manager, easy peasy to restore when you flash the new image.
 
There is no image loaded on my new Ultimo. How do I access the file manager to back up my setting?
 
Have you loaded any personal settings since you bought the box from the shop, if not done flash with the new image and set it up as you like.

If you have what image is currently on the box?
 
No, only set up tuners for satellite and Motor straight from box. Do I need to reset up tuners once flash with vix
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top