Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ Utimo Newbie looking for advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Irish Bazza
  • Start date Start date
No, only set up tuners for satellite and Motor straight from box. Do I need to reset up tuners once flash with vix


when you flash any new image you need to set the tuners up every time unless your using a settings backup or a image backup that has already been setup to your liking.

think of it like this, when you flash the box it's the same as say reloading a new copy of windows on the pc, you still need to spend some time setting things up.
 
I have the new Vix image files only loaded onto a USB stick. To flash, do I just switch of the Vu+, insert stick, switch on and download files?

Will I lose my tv recording on the internal drive, or they safe after flash?
 
Stick usb in front, press the - on the ultimo display when told to do so on display, no you will not loss your recordings.
 
I have copied the latest Vix unzipped file(shows as Vu+ Ultimo folder on usb stick) onto my my Lexar jump drive USB stick. I have inserted the USB stick into the front of the Ultimo and switched on from the button at the back. It not loading the Vix image, it goes to BBC 1 after boot up. The USB stick is formatted as fat. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, still learning?
 
Check the folder and files have been unzipped correctly. The folder you first see on your USB stick should be called vuplus. Then inside that there's one called ultimo. If that is okay and it still doesn't work then check you don't have another USB stick plugged in on the back for picons or something. Failing that try a different USB stick. It must be formatted and have no other files on it other than those you put on for the Vix image.
 
I am using a second USB Flash Drive Fat32 formatted with no success with Ultimo Vix images files. Still going to BBC 1 after switch on and not loading Vix image. The USB Flash Drive has the blue light on, it is powered?
 
To flash a Ultimo / Uno requires a element of user interaction. when you boot the receiver you should see a prompt on the VFD asking you to press the - button to start the flash process if you dont do this in time it will just boot as normal.
 
Thanks Pheonix, the babysitting and pressing '-' has loaded the latest Vix image. Great news. Now setting up three tuners for channels. Will Vix give me what I need at present or is there any good plug-ins or boutique. For example 7 day EPG listings for recording to my hard drive, channel listings for 28E and also I have a Motor. I am interested to learn. Any advice would be welcome
 
For the time being the default image will suit you fine, once you find your feet, can experiment.

The 7 day EPG is in the image in the EPG section, you need to set up providers and download locations etc in settings and crossepg. For 28.2 I use opentv and it is faultless.

For the settings fixed 28.2E I find Silverfoxes the best but afraid no motor settings by him. What you can do is use one of the motor settings by other people - all in the settings forum.

You can also cut and past settings so can use Silverfoxes for 28.2 and the motor ones as well - this is what I do and use Vhannibals
 
Got the 7 epg up and running for the channels which is great. For 28E what is the best channel guide. As all the channels are listed currently in alphabetical order.
 
Silverfoxes, link in my signature
 
How do you access the Hard Drive for my recordings. it's not showing on the main vix menu.
 
press the list button next to the menu button on the remote control.
 
I am getting the epg with tv picture on the right now. How do get the icons logo for each channel. For example BBC HD, only showing as text.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top