Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Web interface not working

  • Thread starter Thread starter sale22
  • Start date Start date
S

sale22

Guest
Today I have finally updated to a ver.2.3 image and everything went fine apart from two problems, I can not gain access to web interface, (even though I have used it for years with no problem) when entering username and password I get "Access Denied" :confused:, but I can use dreambox edit and dreambox control centre with no problem, and second problem is that all channels on 16E Eutelsat are all grayed out? Any help will be much appreciated.
 
Re webif, make sure you have a password actually set up on your box...

For 16e, you likely have a satellites.xml setup as 15.8, and the channels were scanned in as 16, or vice versa...

Sent with Tapatalk
 
When I reflashed my box the old password would not work and all I did was change it using telnet.
 
When I reflashed my box the old password would not work and all I did was change it using telnet.
Changing the password via telnet doesn't influence the password of the WEB-IF. That should be set via the WEB-IF plugin on the box. By default no authentication is enabled.
 
Changing the password via telnet doesn't influence the password of the WEB-IF. That should be set via the WEB-IF plugin on the box. By default no authentication is enabled.

Thanks for that, but where do i find WEB-IF plugin on the box?
 
Yes there is the webinterface plugin in there but I have always had the authentication enbled before with all VIX images and the password was the same as for telnet and for dreambox edit?
 
I can not gain access to web interface, (even though I have used it for years with no problem)


Same here (Nemesis 2.3). My connection just times out. I checked the extension and it's turned on.


Spoooof
 
With previous vix images everything was fine, but I solved the problem partially by disabling the authentication on a web interface plug-in. So now I have only one problem left, 16E is grayed out!
 
I have managed to solve the webintreface login problem after some research online, here it is;

"Use FlashWizard Pro
insert your box IP address
Login as "root"
Password is blank
Do not allow FlasWizard to "add to Dreambox"
From the "Configuration and Utilities" section, select "Smart Telnet"
Once the black screen appears, type "passwd"
After the prompt appears, type in your preferred password
(which you won't see), then press enter.
You'll be prompted to enter the password again, press enter.
That's it, you'll now be able to use Dreambox Control Center, Dreambox"
Edit, etc
 
I can only repeat myself: a telnet password has nothing to do with a WEB-IF password. The latter has to be set via the plugin itself, and can be completely different from the first.
 
Sorry but I can not se anything on the plug-in regarding password, I have solved the problem now but it will be god to know. Thanks
 
All I need now is help from someone regarding grayed out channels on 16E Eutelsat. When pressing green button in order to change the satellite it comes as 15.8E, while satellite xml. file in var/turbox is 16E?!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If only I waited for your reply...In meantime did a manual scan of 16E and I am now I am able to watch all the channels but now no in a satellite list have a both 15.8 (grayed out) and next to it 16E, my question is now how to delete the 15E from the satellite list?
 
Sorry for answering so late......

The easiest way (I think) is to use DreamSet and delete the not wanted satellite completely.
It can also be done by hand by editing the satellites.xml.
Be aware to edit only the file in etc/enigma2 (and make the settings of any editor accordingly).
 
I can only repeat myself: a telnet password has nothing to do with a WEB-IF password. The latter has to be set via the plugin itself, and can be completely different from the first.

Sorry Rob, but the password in web if is the same as the one you use for telnet, ftp, etc... Hence why changing it in telnet worked for op...

Sent with Tapatalk
 
All sorted now, I also "discovered" that you can delete unwanted satellite as well by pressing the green button while watching, going to satellite than pressing the menu - delete the satellite. Thanks to all of you for a help, I have learned few things here today. :thumbsup:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top