Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

What are the 'must haves'?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cohibastevie
  • Start date Start date
C

Cohibastevie

Guest
Ok...

So my new solo 2 is hopefully arriving in the morning and I'm looking forward to setting it up...

I know that the vix image has ABM and cross epg built in so that should have me sorted as far as viewing 28.2E is concerned....

I want to to know what else should I install in this box to really make the most out of it...

Skins?
Plugins?
Picons?

What do you guys think? Please be gentle as I am very new to this!!! Lol but very keen and eager to learn.

Thanks for your help.
 
Unless i'm specifically testing something my boxes tend to be very simply setup, all i really need is a good channel list ( provided by ABM ), OnDemand for radio streaming in the background when i busy doing something else and a suitable cam to decode my sky card, the rest i leave as default, in fact i dont even bother with picons.
 
Ok...

So my new solo 2 is hopefully arriving in the morning and I'm looking forward to setting it up...

I know that the vix image has ABM and cross epg built in so that should have me sorted as far as viewing 28.2E is concerned....

I want to to know what else should I install in this box to really make the most out of it...

Skins?
Plugins?
Picons?

What do you guys think? Please be gentle as I am very new to this!!! Lol but very keen and eager to learn.

Thanks for your help.

That question is all down to you.
The must haves are the obvious ones like a good image (vix 100%)
A skin that you are happy with I like matrix hd and fraggles sky looking one (available from feeds)not the sky one but its in e2 skins section.
I also have picons installed i use HD reflection black 28.2 (available from feeds)
As for plugins again its all about what You will be wanting..there is a great choice available from the feeds/plugin menu
for ondemand services and radio to weather there is one for almost everything
I have all image related ones that are needed to have the box set up how i want it...
basically once you install vix it has everything needed already within the image to get going

Oh and the biggest must have is of course a television....Ha ha
good luck with everything and if you need any help with anything just ask on here no matter what.....
 
Last edited:
hi
i assume you have also ordered a hard drive or had one pre-installed?
if not 500gb or 1tb will be good.
also usb stick for flashing
plenty of advice on both on here.
hth
ham
 
Yep, had the 500gb hard drive installed.

House is coming down with flash drives too! Lol

What does the 'ondemand' plugin actually give me?
 
Yep, had the 500gb hard drive installed.

House is coming down with flash drives too! Lol

What does the 'ondemand' plugin actually give me?

Various Legal IPTV streams such as the BBC Iplayer and internat radio streams.
 
Yep, had the 500gb hard drive installed.

House is coming down with flash drives too! Lol

What does the 'ondemand' plugin actually give me?

bbc iplayer- itv player are the main ones for us in the uk available ondemand.
 
Hi - just wanted to ask - when you install the HD reflection black 28.2 plugin it asks if you want to put the picons on hard disk or internal flash.. i have my picons on external usb but it doesnt give me an option to select this for the plugin?
 
the solo2 has more than enough flash to house picons there and its the best place for them as its the fastest.
 
might be a silly question but would you also consider storing the epg data on internal flash in the solo 2? currently i have my epg and picons in external usb
 
might be a silly question but would you also consider storing the epg data on internal flash in the solo 2? currently i have my epg and picons in external usb
Technically that is a possibility.
But I wouldn't advise it: the size of EPG-data can easily ran out of control, hence 'killing' your box (no worries: it'll be a 'softkill', a reflash will then be needed to revive the box).
 
as rob says, even with the relatively large flash on the solo2, it is not advisable to store the EPG there, EPG data can and does easily corrupt and can grow huge in very little time consuming all available flash.
 
Thanks guys, i thought the picons wouldnt work unless they were in the same location as the epg but i have my epg configured to usb stick and downloaded the picons to internal flash and they got picked up.. is there a way to link the picons download to a scheduled job? for a refresh of the picons should i delete the plugin first?
cheers,
mick
 
If you got the picons from the feeds, they are being updated if you choose to execute an online software update.
If however you only want to update the picons, you can de-install them and than install them again: that way you always have the latest version.
 
Thanks just wondering I changed the remote codeset so it worked with my harmony remote but now the solo 2 remote doesn't work and id like to be able use it with the trialink for the bedroom tv
Thanks mick
 
Unless i'm specifically testing something my boxes tend to be very simply setup, all i really need is a good channel list ( provided by ABM ), OnDemand for radio streaming in the background when i busy doing something else and a suitable cam to decode my sky card, the rest i leave as default, in fact i dont even bother with picons.

that is what i will be wanting when i get my Solo2 set up (i gave up on the GB Quad, it's a long story pheonix) nice and simple and usable i am not one for the latest Bells & Whistles, whats the use of having the best sat box if you make it unusable for yourself - and when i get things the way i like them i usually stay with it it's like someone going to look for a stereo HI-FI system and going for the one with all the flashing lights and displays for me HI-FI is about the sound and not about looking flash if you get my drift
any way i can not wait to get stuck in to my new solo2 when it gets delivered

regards norm
 
guys I enabled EPG and I initially thought was going on my HDD but was on the flash.

I then enabled the hdd storage in crossepg, but noticed no epg data in the hdd, I then forced downloaded a update and finally the files are on the hdd.

But has this process wiped epg data off the flash?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top