abu baniaz
Moderator
Initialise=format
Initialise=format
Sorry if I have rubbed you up the wrong way.
Lots of people keep using the term "initialise" as if it is something that makes the receiver use the box. The advice is given even for devices that are already in ext4 file system. A reboot after formatting the hdd will generally ensure device is mounted. Accessing the module will then create the folders required for that process. Settings backup, image backup, recording etc. Formatting the storage won't create those folders, but nonetheless should be done first time it is connected to box.
Once again, sorry.

Did you see it listed in storage , if so did you try to Initialize it to be in correct format to use on box.
If so it should give SSD a size and show ext4.
Are you leaving the box in standby or deep sleep or powering it off completely.
You will not see the drives on your PC as they are in linux ext4 filesystem you would need to ftp to stb with filezilla or windows explorer by entering \\192.168.xx.xx (your IP address of stb) into search bar.

Could you also try recording to USB stick instead of NAS.
Might also try rebooting network as my be a bug.
Could you also try recording to USB stick instead of NAS.
Might also try rebooting network as my be a bug.
Is the NAS actually freezing the STB altogether or does it just spool and become unresponsive when looking at the recordings list on the NAS?
If it's the latter mine is the same and it seemed to be movieplayer updating ts files etc.
I record everything to the STB now and move the recordings to the NAS on a cron timer.
Is the NAS actually freezing the STB altogether or does it just spool and become unresponsive when looking at the recordings list on the NAS?
If it's the latter mine is the same and it seemed to be movieplayer updating ts files etc.
I record everything to the STB now and move the recordings to the NAS on a cron timer.
ANOTHER UPDATE and I'm at my wits end.
On Sunday Jan 29 I did another virgin install of 6.3.
I didn't use a backup file but programmed the tuners, downloaded the channels and used EPG Importer for the EPG, I also disabled the EPG so that it didn't download every day.
No plugins were installed and I didn't connect it to my NAS so it was a totally new imaged box just for Freesat.
It behaved on Sunday through to Thursday where I downloaded the EPG for a week and programmed it every day for a week since we were going to Lanzarote and got back this evening.
It recorded the 4 programmes on Thursday evening (Feb 2nd) and then it crashed so we've come home to only last Thursdays recordings.
I've attached 2 Logs but surprisingly I expected to see one for the day it went wrong on Feb 3rd!!
The only thing I can see now is it is a hardware problem but I am going to try a rival image.
I also need to explain that from the day I bought my VU+ Uno4K SE that bi-weekly (sometimes weekly) I was getting the 'Green Screen Of Death' so we put up with just resetting the box. Last November it then went into Green Screen of Death and the HD going missing and my problems seem to have got worse.
View attachment 64725View attachment 64726