Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Where can I find information about EPG related details?

But surely you will actually need some one to write the XML tv file with freeview frequencys and muxes present then actually constantly provide the epg data in that format for you to download it, unless you are going to write something that parses the 28.2 information and remaps it to freeview channel id's.
 
I fail to see the relation with the epg.dat file. That is only a kind of hibernation file: it stores all EPG data from RAM when E2 shuts down, and the same data is laoded into RAM again when E2 starts.
And to add data to the EPG you need to shutdown E2, so I'm assuming that this is so you can update epg.dat and then restart E2 to load that new data file.
If there were a way to add data to a running E2 then then the XMLTV loader wouldn't need to restart it.

Or am I making false inferences and assumptions here?

vide ultra said:
The above mentioned system also has an inherent danger: if the sources have conflicts, you'll end up with multiple entries.
If say source 1 states that show a is from xxx-yyy and source b has either a different name (ab) and/or a (slightly) different time, you'll have 2 entries:
a xxx-yyy and ab xxy-yyz.
So what I really need is to be able to get the EIT data, merge it (in some intelligent way) with the downloaded data and feed all of that back as the sole EPG data. This means I'd need to know that data structures in epg.dat, and I have to start somewhere.

v.u. said:
And when you provider supports EIT for a week, you can consider yourself a happy man. Why want more?
Because I'm used to having more EPG, and when it's possible what's wrong with wanting something better.
 
But surely you will actually need some one to write the XML tv file with freeview frequencys and muxes present then actually constantly provide the epg data in that format for you to download it, unless you are going to write something that parses the 28.2 information and remaps it to freeview channel id's.
Getting the EPG data itself isn't an issue (I already do it for an older PVR). XMLTV is just a download mechanism that alreayd exists on OpenVIX, so it seemed a good place to start asking questions.

And I can't see what frequencies have to do with it - TV channels are known by unique names. Different Freeview regions use different frequencies for the same channel broadcasts.
 
what's wrong with wanting something better.

Nothing what so ever, in fact that's the founding principle behind the ViX image and the OE-Alliance in one neat little sound bite. If we knew the info you needed we would tell you.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
 
..........
And I can't see what frequencies have to do with it - TV channels are known by unique names. Different Freeview regions use different frequencies for the same channel broadcasts.
Worth emphasising (for benefit of others) that this is only for DVB-T.
 
Might be an idea to download a channel settings pack and view contents.

Enigma2 does radio and TV chanenls as two differnt items, so you have a bouquets.tv and bouquets.radio file.
Each of those lists .tv files.
Those .tv files list the services.
The services are listed in the lamdeb file.
 
And to add data to the EPG you need to shutdown E2, so I'm assuming that this is so you can update epg.dat and then restart E2 to load that new data file.
If there were a way to add data to a running E2 then then the XMLTV loader wouldn't need to restart it.

Or am I making false inferences and assumptions here?
As I tried to explain above normally all EPG data is added in a live-system. Reading EIT data is done when tuned to a transponder. Using Cross for Open-TV is done in a live system. Importing RYTEC data via the XMLTV importer is also in a live system (i.e. in RAM).
The EPG.dat is really only a kind of hibernation file.


Getting the EPG data itself isn't an issue (I already do it for an older PVR). XMLTV is just a download mechanism that alreayd exists on OpenVIX, so it seemed a good place to start asking questions.

And I can't see what frequencies have to do with it - TV channels are known by unique names. Different Freeview regions use different frequencies for the same channel broadcasts.
TV & Radio services are known by a unique service reference, in which the name is also present. But the name alone is not unique (or better: doesn't have to be unique).
 
Enigma2 does radio and TV chanenls as two differnt items, so you have a bouquets.tv and bouquets.radio file.
Each of those lists .tv files.
Those .tv files list the services.
The services are listed in the lamdeb file.
That much I'd worked out.
But there is also a requirement (for me) to get the channels onto the "correct" numbers, as the DVB-T(2) scan doesn't put them into lamedb (if it did then ABM might do what I want?).
From what I can see this requires me to pad the userbouquet.* files with the relevant number of "dummy" channel lines (I did work out what this entry looks like once, but can't find the info at the moment). But it would be simpler if there were a way to get the program number counter set to a specific value instead (Freeview radio channels start at 700 - which is a lot of dummy entries).

And the bouquets.* files both contain "ORDER BY bouquet". What does this ,mean, and how else can you ORDER them?
 
You wont be able to get radio numbers starting at 700. As sated earlier E2 splits radio channels from TV channels. I dont see the merit of padding the radio number so they match the LCN values. You will always have to switch between radio and TV. Surely simpler to just select the radio channel from bouquet?

I dont understand in what context you are mentioning ABM and lamedb. Conventional scan and ABM both write to lamdeb. ABM for terrestrial does not recognise T2 chanenls yet. However standard terrestrial channels are placed in correct order and positions (excluding radio). If this is not working for you, we would need to know what exact settings you have used for ABM. (All the settings for ABM)

Sorry I dont know answer to your last question.
 
You wont be able to get radio numbers starting at 700.
I suspect that I can (and am willing to try). I'd also put some Internet streaming radio (BBC Local radio channles, for example) in the radio list somewhere underneath that, once I can figure out how to enter urls such that they actually work.
vide ultra said:
As sated earlier E2 splits radio channels from TV channels. I dont see the merit of padding the radio number so they match the LCN values. You will always have to switch between radio and TV. Surely simpler to just select the radio channel from bouquet?
It's actually much quicker to enter "706<Enter>" to get to R5SX rather than to open up an EPG or Bouquet and look for it.
vide ultra said:
I dont understand in what context you are mentioning ABM and lamedb. Conventional scan and ABM both write to lamdeb.
AFAIK ABM only writes bouguet files. It reads lamedb, so that it can get the channel info.[/quote]
[quote="v.u.]ABM for terrestrial does not recognise T2 channels yet. However standard terrestrial channels are placed in correct order and positions (excluding radio).[/quote]That's how I found out how to do the channel number padding. But I forgot to take a copy of the files, and have changed them since (how, or why, I forget) so it's on my list to generate them again.
They also have an example of how to skip large numbers (or at least there was a big skip in the numbering, and not just he skip to 1000+), although I couldn't figure out the logic in the short time I looked at it.
 
ABM obtains data from satellite/transmitter/headend and writes to lamdeb too.It adds to existing data though. Try it with no channel data on receiver.
 
ABM obtains data from satellite/transmitter/headend and writes to lamdeb too.It adds to existing data though. Try it with no channel data on receiver.
I can't think of anything it could write there. But since I need to do a test ABM run anyway, I can find out what it does then.
By "no channel data on receiver", do you mean "unplug the aerial"?
 
No lamedb and no bouquets on receiver.
Code:
init 4 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && init 3

It writes the service details as per provider.
 
No lamedb and no bouquets on receiver.
...It writes the service details as per provider.
I'd assumed that this would be done by ABM checking for lamedb exisiting first and, if it isn't there, kicking of a scan and waiting until it completed before continuing.
Anything else would be code duplication.

And I'd consider this to be ABM initiating a scan, rather than ABM writing to lamedb.
 
ABM "scan" and channel scan are different. ABM doesn't just "scan" though. I consider "ABM scan" to be "downloading channel data", creating channel data on receiver, removing obsolete data, creating/updating bouquets.

You possibly won't apprecaite the differnce if my presumption of you setting your tuner to sandy heath are correct. Set to Europe and then scan, it will be different. If you had a satellite tuner, you would truly appreciate the difference.
 
You possibly won't apprecaite the differnce if my presumption of you setting your tuner to sandy heath are correct. Set to Europe and then scan, it will be different. If you had a satellite tuner, you would truly appreciate the difference.
Given that the tuning data for Sandy Heath has the frequencies for every mux it broadcasts, I can't see how a scan for Europe (== all of UHF) will get anything different. There isn't (or at least shouldn't) be anything more there.
 
It is not about getting more. It is about appreciating the difference.
An interesting concept.
I don't want to get less, as that would mean I'm missing channels.
So if I don't get more, then I'm struggling to see the difference.
 
@ Birdman:
1- the lamedb is used for zapping. You can't zap to any service that's not in the lamedb.
2- Did you have a go with
Code:
http://forums.openpli.org/topic/35499-epg-convert-to-rytec/?view=findpost&p=451518
as suggested earlier?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top