Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Whoopee! 7 days without a glitch or crash!

GAH2402

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2012
Messages
216
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi Guys,

As you'll work out from my thread title, I'm a happy bunny!

I've had my Vu Duo around a month and previously the longest it ran using the latest VIX image was 48 hours. Now i've managed a whole week without a single problem, and to be honest it's down to TWO settings!

Every time I'e given up on VIX and tried another images (Blackhole, Blackpole, VTS), I've saved my current version of VIX. Every time I've had another try at VIX I've started with my saved version, NOT a brand new install. My saved verison has no extra plugins added, and I have a USB for picons and a 32GB swapfile, and a HDD for recordings. Only got 1 EPG source set (28.2 Open) and I don't automatically download EPG updates, I do it manually every couple of days. Everything else is more or less standard.


Anyway, all I did this time was change the Logs settings to NO for detailed crash log and debug log. This is because of a post I read regarding HDD's not going into standby. I also changed the Power Manager setting from a nightly restart to a nightly Gui restart as it ALWAYS caused a problem on a restart (usually it restarted but it would lock up with no remote functions working). I haven't tried switching the Power Manager settings off altogether, but I'm quite happy to do a Gui restart every night.

Edit: Just wanted to add I HAVEN'T ran any of the suggested commands or used the plugin to help with memory leaks!

So that's me, a happy bunny!

GAH
 
Last edited:
A very welcome post, nicely detailed, thanks
 
Hi basilyoung,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm really pleased, and I've definitely turned a corner! Box is still up, so now it's EIGHT days!

GAH
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top