Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Wifi USB working?

I've just tried an RT3072 based 300mbps N stick (Tenda W322U V2.0) and almost got it working in VIX 2.0, although the interface switches itself off rigth away after activation of it and stays disabled. If I'm quick enough I can even browse wireless networks after activation for a bit (so its definitely supposed to work OK). Just for testing I flashed Black Hole 1.4.5 image and it was working just fine there. What could be the problem in VIX 2.0?

P.S. Which RT3070 driver is in VIX 2.0? Is that rt3070_2.1.1.0? I tried installing separately rt3070_2.1.1.0-_bm750.ipk I got off the other board, but it complained about wrong architecture...
 
I've got Vix 2.0 running with a VU+ Wireless USB Adapter 150 Mbps IEEE 802.11n (Ralink RT3070 chipset) and it works fine.

I installed the listed RT3070 driver from the menu.

Works with WPA2 encryption in combination with Netgear router.

Only negative is that I have to switch the network back on after rebooting by the switch at the back (not after standby or enigma restart). But this is not a biggie.
And if I stream a HQ HD channel (like ITV1) there is some pixellation where this is not the case with a network cable.

For the rest it works without problems.
 
I tried clean reflash and it was working indeed! But afer I restored settings and installed plugins that I needed it doesn't :( (not sure if its the settings or something else - need to do more testing)...
 
Just tried my Belkin F5D7050 with Vix 2.1 ..still unable to get it working ...works no problem with Vix 1.3 ....looks like I will have to remain on 1.3 for the time being :rolleyes:

Have attached dmseg.log if anyone can identify what is wrong...



View attachment dmseg.log.txt
 
I have these three Wlan-USB-adapters and rt3070 in VIX2.1:
D-Link DWL-G122 P/N GWLG122EU...E1G H/W Ver E1 F/W Ver 5.00
TP-link TL-WN821NV1
Belkin F5D9050B Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter #6 (complies with RSS-210)
They all detect the wlan-networks but only Belkin connects to internet. Finally one of them works in VIX!
 
I have these three Wlan-USB-adapters and rt3070 in VIX2.1:
D-Link DWL-G122 P/N GWLG122EU...E1G H/W Ver E1 F/W Ver 5.00
TP-link TL-WN821NV1
Belkin F5D9050B Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter #6 (complies with RSS-210)
They all detect the wlan-networks but only Belkin connects to internet. Finally one of them works in VIX!


Not even Belkin managed to maintain the Internet-connection. I give up - back to LAN through ethernet powerline adaptor.
 
Isn't it funny that quite a few people are having problems with their wireless dongle. I have the same problem with a Belkin F5D7050 . Stopped working a while after installing vix 2. I even went back to vix 1.3 but could not get it to connect to my Netgear router. I tried another usb with a Ralink RT2870 chipset and it connected straight in Vix 2.
 
Recently purchased some D-link DWA140 v2 wifi donlges which are pure white on colour and can happily say that these work a treat on my vu duo all i done was disconnected my old tp link one rebooted box with DWA140 in and all sweet
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top