Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Will the VU Uno run the latest version of Vix?

  • Thread starter Thread starter peterjones
  • Start date Start date
P

peterjones

Guest
Hi,

It must be 2012 since I made the purchase from the sponsor of my VU Uno after loads of advice and questions I remember asking members of this forum. I must say its been a cracking investment and I know why people talk about buying a quality product. I know the box came flashed with VIX and I have done some updates (through to about 2014), however then just become one of these bad people who has stayed with the stable version.

I think I want to get back into it all again now and see what the latest offerings can provide. However I have been reading around and im a bit unsure on if my UNO can actually run the latest version of the image? Some people seem to think that older boxes struggle with it, so I don't want to be flashing and then bricking a box that is working at the moment.

If it should work, is there anything that I need to do to ensure all goes well? IE. any firmware flashes for the Uno Can I just flash the latest version or would I need to progress through some of the numbers as such to see what works and what doesn't?

Any help and support would be great.
 
Flash the latest image, not need to increase sequentially. It will function fine as a satellite receiver.
 
I would personally recommend enabling a swap file when upgrading to ViX 5.0.011.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I would personally recommend enabling a swap file when upgrading to ViX 5.0.011.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thick questions follow.....

Why / What does a swap file do?

How do I go about doing such a thing?
 
A swap file will help especially with CrossEPG. You can try without, but I personally find it helps. The Uno is lacking the memory of modern receivers and enabling a swap file will give it a bit of hmph. To enable a swap file press the Blue button > ViX > Swap Manager. Create a 256mb swap file to your hdd. When its created enable and then autostart and you are good to go.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top