Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

"WRITE ERROR on recording, disk full?"

  • Thread starter Thread starter ymeknassi
  • Start date Start date
I don't think it would be a kernel issue (3.13.5 is current kernel for solo2 btw) and both Vix/ATV and BH use this version of kernel.

Could it be ntfs you use to write to the network drive. Maybe different ntfs versions in use with BH 3.0.1 and OpenVix/OpenATV or even a issue with ntfs and OE-A core images?
 
It's same kernel used in both. I confirm

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
 
Not always the same and changes as and when provided by manufacturer.
I'd be surprised if the cifs support in any kernel version suddenly failed to handle Large Files (> 2**31 bytes) - it's not a configurable option.

FWIW - I've just set up Samba on a system near my box, added a cifs mount on the box and copied a recording over it.

On my MBTwin
Code:
root@mbtwin:/media/autofs/SMBtest# cp /media/hdd/movie/Films/20150623\ 2057\ -\ Film4\ -\ Transformers_\ Revenge\ of\ the___.ts .
root@mbtwin:/media/autofs/SMBtest# md5sum /media/hdd/movie/Films/20150623\ 2057\ -\ Film4\ -\ Transformers_\ Revenge\ of\ the___.ts
c5c10eb531262b4652dafe2d32b61b73  /media/hdd/movie/Films/20150623 2057 - Film4 - Transformers_ Revenge of the___.ts

On the Samba system:
Code:
plug-root:/extra/SMBtest# ls -l 
total 3902876
-rw-r--r-- 1 myapps myapps 3996540096 Nov 30 01:04 20150623 2057 - Film4 - Transformers_ Revenge of the___.ts
plug-root:/extra/SMBtest# md5sum 20150623\ 2057\ -\ Film4\ -\ Transformers_\ Revenge\ of\ the___.ts 
c5c10eb531262b4652dafe2d32b61b73  20150623 2057 - Film4 - Transformers_ Revenge of the___.ts

so that can handle Large Files OK.
 
Could it be ntfs you use to write to the network drive. Maybe different ntfs versions in use with BH 3.0.1 and OpenVix/OpenATV or even a issue with ntfs and OE-A core images?
ntfs isn't a network file-system protocol - it's only used to write to directly-connected storage.

A network drive would use cifs or NFS.
 
Here is the log guys. What think?
View attachment 45962

Thank you
It seems to be complaining about an Interrupted System Call. Always a bit of a pain, and this is in asynchronous I/O code....

Code:
http://www.python4science.eu/aio.html
seems to offer some comments on this: the aio_suspend section specifically mentions the issue and offers this as a way around it:

Or, let a signal interrupt aio_suspend and just call aio_error for each element of the list you pass to aio_suspend when it returns to see what, if anything, happened, and reissue the aio_suspend (perhaps in a loop) if nothing did.

Mind you, this may not be anything to do with it - it's difficult to think why this would only occur for cifs mount around the 2GB barrier.
 
There is a difference in the demux.cpp code between OpenVix and BlackHole.

OpenVix uses more buffers on systems with 1024MB of RAM - which (according to a rare comment) includes the Vusolo2 and vuduo2.

(Well, that's what the comments say - the actual code seem to do this for >400MB - the "if (megabytes > 400)" being a clue).
 
I have a similar problem in that recordings that are set to record for 1 hour stop with disk write error disk full ? . There I'd plenty of space left on the drive . 3.02.24

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk
 
@ymeknassi
Did you try with installing the ntfs-3g drivers in the plugin menu? If not, please try doing that.

Thanks.
 
I have a similar problem in that recordings that are set to record for 1 hour stop with disk write error disk full ? . There I'd plenty of space left on the drive . 3.02.24
Is that using a locally attached disk or a network drive?

And do you have a debug log for it?
 
A local USB drive sorry I had only just installed it and had not set debug logs

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk
 
Installed ntfs-3g and nothing changed. I think it's not relevant as I'm using network cifd

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
 
A local USB drive sorry I had only just installed it and had not set debug logs
Which is different to ymeknassi, who is using a Network Drive.
A pity about the debug log absence, as that would have shown whether the EINTR (Interruprted system call) was common.
If it were I wonder what else you have in common, as no-one else seems to be seeing this.
 
Guys are you looking for someone with sme issue to get log and understand? Is there any way I can help with this myself? Or maybe this doesn't make sense as I'll be using same hardware anyway...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
 
having the same issue

Miracle Box running the latest version - 3.2.032
Kernel - 3.14.2
Network Drive
 
FWIW, I can happily write to a Samba share (provided by a Samba daemon on a Linux box) and produce files >2GB (3671986176 bytes in the .ts before I stopped it).
So it's nothing generic to OpenVix.
 
This has started again for me, currently using LX3
It was better with ATV

Something from the logs below.

Code:
[TIMER] activating state 2
[TIMER] start recording
< 94513.941543> [eDVBServiceRecord] Recording to /media/hdd/movie/20160103 0857 - Nelonen Nappula - Lego Legends Of Chima.ts...
< 94513.943849> [eDVBServiceRecord] start recording...
< 94513.943932> [eDVBServiceRecord] RECORD: have 1 video stream(s) (061e), and 1 audio stream(s) (0d1f), and the pcr pid is 061e, and the text pid is ffffffff
< 94513.944142> [eDVBServiceRecord] ADD PID: 0000
< 94513.944187> [eDVBServiceRecord] ADD PID: 02c5
< 94513.944227> [eDVBServiceRecord] ADD PID: 061e
< 94513.944266> [eDVBServiceRecord] ADD PID: 0d1f
< 94513.946253> [setIoPrio] realtime level 7 ok
< 94513.946333> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] THREAD START
< 94546.000554> [eDVBRecordFileThread] wait: aio_return returned failure: Interrupted system call
< 94546.000680> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] WRITE ERROR, aborting thread: Interrupted system call
< 94546.000742> [eDVBRecordFileThread] waiting for aio to complete
< 94546.000773> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
< 94546.001200> [eDVBServiceRecord] record write error
< 94546.001295> [eDVBServiceRecord] stop recording!
< 94546.001750> [eDVBRecordFileThread] buffer usage histogram (40 buffers of 188 kB)
< 94546.001850> [eDVBRecordFileThread]   1:     56
< 94546.001886> [eDVBRecordFileThread]   2:      1
< 94546.001916> [eDVBRecordFileThread]   3:      1
< 94546.001949> [eDVBRecordFileThread]   4:      1
< 94546.001976> [eDVBRecordFileThread]   5:      1
< 94546.002058> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] stopping thread.
< 94546.010774> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] THREAD STOP
< 94546.054270> [eDVBTSTools] setSource loading streaminfo for /media/hdd/movie/20160103 0857 - Nelonen Nappula - Lego Legends Of Chima.ts
WRITE ERROR on recording, disk full?
RemovePopup, id = DiskFullMessage
AddPopup, id = DiskFullMessage
[SKIN] processing screen MessageBoxSimple:
[SKIN] Attribute not implemented: itemHeight value: 40
< 94546.787988> [ePNG] couldn't open /usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/myNOVUM_FHD2_Black/buttons/FocusBar.png
[SKIN] Error: {myNOVUM_FHD2_Black/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/myNOVUM_FHD2_Black/buttons/FocusBar.png not found!. Please contact the skin's author!
< 94546.795747> [gAccel] alloc failed

< 94546.795812> [gSurface] ERROR: accelAlloc failed
< 94546.819710> [gAccel] alloc failed

< 94546.819774> [gSurface] ERROR: accelAlloc failed
[SKIN] processing screen MessageBoxSimple_summary:
< 94704.681717> [eDVBServiceRecord] pcr of eit change: 7215b76
< 94704.681801> [eDVBServiceRecord] now running: Lego Legends of Chima (1440 seconds)
< 94704.682315> [eDVBDemux] open demux /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux1
< 94704.682440> [eDVBSectionReader] DMX_SET_FILTER pid=18
< 94704.683499> [eDVBServiceRecord] now running: Lego Legends of Chima (1440 seconds)
< 94704.683883> [eDVBDemux] open demux /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux1
< 94704.683997> [eDVBSectionReader] DMX_SET_FILTER pid=18
[SoftcamManager] oscam already running
[SoftcamManager] Checking if oscam is frozen
< 94752.978333> [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting /bin/sh
< 94753.217619> [eMainloop::processOneEvent] unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 90(16)
[SoftcamManager] oscam is responding like it should
job Components.Task.Job name=Softcam-tarkistus #tasks=1 completed with [] in None
[TIMER] activating state 3
[TIMER] stop recording
< 94813.919662> [eDVBServiceRecord] stop recording!
< 94813.922295> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] stopping thread.
< 94813.922565> [eDVBRecordFileThread] waiting for aio to complete
< 94813.922631> [eDVBRecordFileThread] buffer usage histogram (40 buffers of 188 kB)
< 94813.922662> [eDVBRecordFileThread]   1:   2360
< 94814.100376> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] THREAD STOP
< 94814.110793> [eDVBTSTools] setSource loading streaminfo for /media/hdd/movie/20160103 0838 - Nelonen Nappula - Transformers Rescue Bots.ts
< 94814.115844> [eDVBServiceRecord] fixed up 7215b76 to 7107 (offset 0)
[Trashcan] Recording in progress 1
< 94814.125254> [eDVBCAService] free slot 0 demux 1 for service 1:0:16:1B98:48:46:E080000:0:0:0:
< 94814.125327> [eDVBCAService] don't build/send the same CA PMT twice
[TIMER] record time changed, start prepare is now: Sun Jan 10 08:37:40 2016
< 95002.192813> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift
< 95002.194499> [eDVBDemux] open demux /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0


Code:
145044.222040> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145044.482040> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145044.633897> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145044.634047> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145044.741066> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145044.741218> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145044.742059> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145045.002042> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145045.262048> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145045.522216> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145045.633425> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145045.740337> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145045.752603> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145045.752699> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145045.782323> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145045.903455> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145045.903543> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145046.043043> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145046.303034> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145046.340825> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145046.340918> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145046.433394> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145046.544577> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145046.544662> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145046.563034> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145046.823037> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145047.083035> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145047.140332> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145047.233466> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145047.315623> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145047.315712> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145047.343045> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145047.345698> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145047.345785> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145047.604037> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145047.833877> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145047.833974> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145047.864044> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145048.115286> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145048.140848> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145048.140932> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145048.375053> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145048.635293> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145048.833399> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145048.896050> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145048.940378> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145048.945640> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145048.945758> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145049.115488> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145049.115577> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145049.156041> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145049.416056> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145049.633439> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145049.676046> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145049.741273> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145049.741380> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145049.745642> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145049.745743> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145049.936048> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145050.196048> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145050.340371> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145050.433369> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145050.456033> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145050.518510> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145050.518597> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145050.548759> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145050.548898> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145050.716038> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145050.976041> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145051.233605> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145051.236093> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145051.340777> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145051.340883> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145051.348525> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145051.348620> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145051.496036> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145051.756041> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145052.016039> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145052.033452> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145052.140343> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145052.148778> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145052.148883> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145052.276036> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145052.318465> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145052.318554> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145052.536042> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145052.796038> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145052.833379> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145052.948615> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145052.948711> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145053.056043> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145053.140917> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145053.141057> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145053.316038> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145053.576033> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145053.633551> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145053.740351> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145053.748763> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145053.748859> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145053.836058> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145053.918516> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145053.918602> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145054.096040> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145054.356037> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145054.616041> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145054.633386> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145054.740982> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145054.741127> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145054.748646> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145054.748732> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145054.876071> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145055.136038> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145055.233954> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145055.234104> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145055.396043> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145055.540352> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145055.656038> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145055.718470> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145055.718560> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145055.916039> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145056.176036> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145056.233383> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145056.341147> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145056.341234> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145056.351595> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145056.351684> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145056.436038> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145056.696039> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145056.956042> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145057.033601> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145057.140320> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145057.151673> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145057.151758> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145057.216036> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145057.311430> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145057.311526> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145057.476040> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145057.736041> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145057.996040> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145058.033369> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145058.140880> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145058.140989> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145058.151721> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145058.151840> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145058.256051> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145058.516039> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145058.740348> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145058.776054> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145058.902539> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145058.902628> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145059.033648> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145059.036090> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145059.152557> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145059.152648> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145059.296042> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145059.556038> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145059.634828> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145059.634937> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145059.740753> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145059.740836> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145059.816037> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145060.076039> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145060.336039> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145060.596038> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145060.634378> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145060.740320> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145060.753523> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145060.753610> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145060.856042> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145060.913523> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145060.913613> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145061.116043> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145061.376040> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145061.540834> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145061.540947> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145061.636059> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145061.834365> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] OVERFLOW while recording
<145061.896338> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145061.946642> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
<145061.946729> [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
<145062.156301> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
<145062.417052> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top