Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

XBMC (pi) help please.

DaMacFunkin

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2013
Messages
2,704
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
54
Due to reading a few posts on this forum I got a raspberry pi, I'm in the middle of setting it up to stream from my solo2 using the vu pvr plugin, has anybody got it to work with HD channels? No one who has posted about this mentioned that it doesn't work with HD channels, although other sites seem to suggest this is the case.
 
Yeah got it working in HD, bit choppy though, shouldn't be as the solo2 and pi are cat6 wired into the same giga switch, think this thing needs a lot of tweaking, do you know of a good site or forum for this you could pm me so I can take this problem somewhere else lol.
 
Have a look at xbmc hub, they won't help you with satellite configs but pi they should, alot of knowledge on there for xbmc.
 
How did you get on with the RPi.
I have xbmc on a PC and connected to my Duo2 its excellent.
I want to use the RPi for Play room for Live TV and media playback.
Did you need to buy the mpeg2 codec to get it to work.
What image you use....

Yeah got it working in HD, bit choppy though, shouldn't be as the solo2 and pi are cat6 wired into the same giga switch, think this thing needs a lot of tweaking, do you know of a good site or forum for this you could pm me so I can take this problem somewhere else lol.
 
You need to buy a codec to get it to work on the sd channels and the channel change times are a little slow but it does work
 
I haven't got back to this yet, it's an ongoing project, what I did find annoying is every time I powered it on it would take an age to automatically load channel lists and epg data, also I tried it with a 3d blu-Ray ISO and it stuck every 5 seconds....
 
Bought the codecs and installed.
SD channels are brilliant. Loads in 1-2 secs and no choppiness.
HD Channels are bad though. Takes 15-20 secs to load and choppy, jumpy etc...
Does this setup use transcoding (on DUO2) or is it the full HD stream.

Actually I notice on my tablet or phone (on wifi) that the HD streams are also choppy, jumpy etc.

Not sure if issue is with RPi or DUO2 and transcoding.

BTW - That raspberry Pi (using openelec xbmc) is the best value electronic kit I ever bought... Mad Yoke....

Whats even better is it supports CEC so the one TV remote now does me for TV, DUO2 and RPi...

You need to buy a codec to get it to work on the sd channels and the channel change times are a little slow but it does work
 
Tried Raspbmc but all the PVR clients were enabled on it by default and I couldnt delete them or disable them. Was getting connection lost on them all until I disabled Live TV.

Are HD TV channels 100% for you ?
Does it take long to open a HD channel once you select it...

Did you install raspbmc from their web site (Frodo 12.2).
I don't use openelec I use Raspbmc installed on USB, for stability, so I can over clock it.


Sent by pressing buttons.
 
Will investigate again.
What receiver have you ....

I have 3 PVR clients installed 1 being VU+/Enigma2 client, all can be disabled or uninstalled.
Yes I'm running the latest Frodo 12.2 from Raspbmc web site
HD starts in 2-3 seconds


Sent by pressing buttons.
 
Put raspbmc and latest updates, installed VU+ plugin and codec but HD is still crap...
OK for 1-2 mins then breaks up like mad.
Switched back to my core i5 pc with xbmc and HD is 100 %..

Ah well ... cant expect a lot for €30....

I have 3 PVR clients installed 1 being VU+/Enigma2 client, all can be disabled or uninstalled.
Yes I'm running the latest Frodo 12.2 from Raspbmc web site
HD starts in 2-3 seconds


Sent by pressing buttons.
 
Put raspbmc and latest updates, installed VU+ plugin and codec but HD is still crap...
OK for 1-2 mins then breaks up like mad.
Switched back to my core i5 pc with xbmc and HD is 100 %..

Ah well ... cant expect a lot for €30....

Just built my HTPC the last few days, and I am giving it a burn in test at the moment. I did not realise how heavy it would be, so I waiting for some more brackets for the shelf it is going to sit on. I have noticed there are a lot of scan merchants selling cheap boxes, and people expecting quality output, and complain when they found to be poor.
 
Put raspbmc and latest updates, installed VU+ plugin and codec but HD is still crap...
OK for 1-2 mins then breaks up like mad.
Switched back to my core i5 pc with xbmc and HD is 100 %..

Ah well ... cant expect a lot for €30....

Did you install to USB or leave it on SD card? If you install to USB you can over clock it.


Sent by pressing buttons.
 
Yes Im on USB and overclocked to
CPU to 900mhz.
Core to 400
All other settings default.
It has improved a lot 90% ok but still annoying to watch HD.

What settings worked for you streaming HD ?
Do you have a cooler on the processor to overclock ?

Did you install to USB or leave it on SD card? If you install to USB you can over clock it.


Sent by pressing buttons.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top