Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] Zeus or Helios Images for newbie

Try this one. RTR on Hot Bird (11034V 27500 3/4) - will have PLANETA RTR logo at the top.

For example, on v3 750 the "display 4:3 content as" option "pillarbox" will show original 4:3 aspect with black bars on the side. "Just scale" will stretch it to fill the screen but losing the aspect ratio, "non-linear" seems to be the same as "just scale" and "pan&scan" should zoom into a picture, filling the screen and keeping the aspect ratio.

These options don't appear to do anything in Zeus... but 16:9 ones allow you to either zoom or display original 4:3 aspect. This leads me to believe that Zeus recognises 4:3 video as 16:9.
 
Well. I can't make any bug out of that. And if it is, it might be driver related.

Anyway: we're not aware of an aspect ratio bug (and hence not working on it).
 
Well. I can't make any bug out of that. And if it is, it might be driver related.

Anyway: we're not aware of an aspect ratio bug (and hence not working on it).

Are you serious? Have you read anything I've written...? sigh....

Everyone says newest is best when clearly it isn't. Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate OpenVIX development and it is one of the best images I've used. However, the attitude of some staff on the WOS forum is beyond belief. No-one seems to listen to what the users are saying (or at least what *I* am saying) and are being treated like morons who have no idea what they are talking about. And as such, the respect is slowly being lost. As well as my desire to visit, post and ask for advice on this forum.
 
Are you serious? Have you read anything I've written...? sigh....

Everyone says newest is best when clearly it isn't. Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate OpenVIX development and it is one of the best images I've used. However, the attitude of some staff on the WOS forum is beyond belief. No-one seems to listen to what the users are saying (or at least what *I* am saying) and are being treated like morons who have no idea what they are talking about. And as such, the respect is slowly being lost. As well as my desire to visit, post and ask for advice on this forum.

Rob isn't the only one who doesn't have a clue what you're ranting about...
 
Try reading my posts then. I've described everything in detail of how to replicate the issue and all I get back is "not a bug" and "no clue what you're rambling on about".

Great team(!)
 
Sorry about that. I'll add you to my ignore list. Please feel free to use an other image and the supporting forum.
 
Try reading my posts then. I've described everything in detail of how to replicate the issue and all I get back is "not a bug" and "no clue what you're rambling on about".

Great team(!)
Hi jack.

Please be reminded that the team who make the images do it for FREE. they spend hours every day preparing and testing images. When they are released they work on the Devs test box.
They can not replicate each users setup AND spend time reading in detail every users problems /faults.
98% of things reported are user errors or non compatible plugins.

Give the team a break, post the problem, if anyone has time to look they will. If that's not good enough buy official boxes. :p
Maybe Vic should start a premium service? For a fee people can subscribe for a higher level support??
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Vic should start a premium service? For a fee people can subscribe for a higher level support??

Never going to happen... It's a hobby, fun & pain in the ass at times...
As for the users support request, if they're not getting answers & atleast 2 people say they don't understand the issue, they should probably revisit the request & try to make it a bit clearer before throwing their toys of of the pram.
 
Try this one. RTR on Hot Bird (11034V 27500 3/4) - will have PLANETA RTR logo at the top.

For example, on v3 750 the "display 4:3 content as" option "pillarbox" will show original 4:3 aspect with black bars on the side. "Just scale" will stretch it to fill the screen but losing the aspect ratio, "non-linear" seems to be the same as "just scale" and "pan&scan" should zoom into a picture, filling the screen and keeping the aspect ratio.

These options don't appear to do anything in Zeus... but 16:9 ones allow you to either zoom or display original 4:3 aspect. This leads me to believe that Zeus recognises 4:3 video as 16:9.

Ive checked RTR this evening on my Uno with Helios build 8 and the display switches correctly so I dont see any bug either
 
Im trying to set up a VU+ Solo original box for a friend
and need some advice on images which is the most stable

Think the OPs issue has been answered, use the latest stable image available...

That is why I would go for 3.0 build 808... Solid as a Volvo on an ice rink......

Might be stable for you, but advising a new user to use a build that's no longer supported, can't be updated, can't use plugin feeds...
More trouble than it's worth.
 
Please be reminded that the team who make the images do it for FREE. they spend hours every day preparing and testing images. When they are released they work on the Devs test box.
They can not replicate each users setup AND spend time reading in detail every users problems /faults.
98% of things reported are user errors or non compatible plugins.

Give the team a break, post the problem, if anyone has time to look they will. If that's not good enough buy official boxes. :p

My Uno is original bought from WOS a few years ago. Agree 100%, though. The problem here was the blatant disregard of my report bluntly saying "not a bug" from Rob without even checking (at least it didn't seem like he checked it). I fully appreciate the effort and time involved and I am not blaming the coders, the image, Vu+ hardware or anything else. All I asked was whether the issue existed in Helios. I just found Rob's reply dismissive and verging on rude - hence why I started throwing toys out of my pram. If he simply said "we'll look into it when we have time" then would have been more than I could ask for. It's the attitude that bugged me and not the first time I see it from him.

judge said:
As for the users support request, if they're not getting answers & atleast 2 people say they don't understand the issue, they should probably revisit the request & try to make it a bit clearer before throwing their toys of of the pram.

Well, I investigated the issue from a few angles, including reviewing the logs and looking at code - there were obviously changes in AVSwitch.py module but couldn't figure out why it didn't do what I wanted it to do. I repeated the same process with an older version of OpenVIX and had no issues there. I've also tried the latest OpenPLI and see no issues there either. It was only Zeus 023 that seemed to do it.

So I asked whether Helios did it and....

ronand said:
Ive checked RTR this evening on my Uno with Helios build 8 and the display switches correctly so I dont see any bug either

Thank you!

Apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread and turning it into a slagging match...
 
we'll look into it when we have time...
 
I'm still using 808 as not had a chance to update to Zeus & now I see that Helios is the latest build. Is that the same update procedure as Zeus where I need to do a new install from usb & can't restore any plugins or settings?

Thanks.
 
Yes, any updates from a 3.x build require a fresh flash.
 
Yes fresh flash from Zeus, but settings can be restored!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

So to clarify it's just a usb flash with Zeus & settings can then be restored but everything has to be done fresh (usb flash & settings) with Helios? It was only redoing all the settings that's put me off updating so far. Then once on Zeus you can update to Helios restoring settings as well?

Cheers.
 
To get to Helios-

If on Vix 3.0 808 or below you need to fresh flash and cannot restore any backup.
If on Zeus you need to fresh flash, but you can restore settings from previous Zeus back up.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
 
To get to Helios-

If on Vix 3.0 808 or below you need to fresh flash and cannot restore any backup.
If on Zeus you need to fresh flash, but you can restore settings from previous Zeus back up.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Ah right so I'll need to redo all my settings & plugins etc like I originally thought as I'm on 3.0.808. Thanks for clarifying though.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top