Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] 2 x Vu+ Turbo Tuners, only 1 shows up

  • Thread starter Thread starter zino
  • Start date Start date
Z

zino

Guest
I installed the Openvix 5.0.014 without a settings backup. Clean install.

I have just bought and connected 2 x Vu+ Turbo Tuners to my VU+ Solo 2.
I installed the latest drivers for it from the feeds and restarted.

But only ONE of these shows up under tuner configuration.

I need two cable tuners.

Please help.
 
Maybe it doesn't like one of the usb ports

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
 
Probably not enough power for both.
Have you a powered USB hub you can try?
 
It is 2 separate USB ports so surely enough power?
Both of the adapters light up to show they are receiving power, but only one shows up as additional tuner.

I dont have a powered usb to borrow and I have already spent a lot of money on 2 of these cable adapter, i dont really want to spend more and more money unless I'm sure will resolve the issue.

Any ideas of what I could try?

Is it an Openvix problem?
Or Vu+ driver problem?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not 100% sure, but pretty certain only one USB VU+ tuner is supported at any time.

Many people are using 2x other branded usb tuners but it seems 2x vu+ turbo usb doesn't work. Not on Solo4k either, I tested on my friend's.
So it seems to be a bug within Openvix image where if you use 2x Turbo usb tuner, only 1 shows up. Use another brand usb tuner and 2 show up. Same problem on Solo2 and Solo4K so it seems to be a bug in Openvix.

I asked many people here over this last year if 2x usb tuners would work and people confirmed it works.

Could the image creators please look into this? And fix this issue in the next update or so please.
 
Many people are using 2x other branded usb tuners but it seems 2x vu+ turbo usb doesn't work. Not on Solo4k either, I tested on my friend's.
So it seems to be a bug within Openvix image where if you use 2x Turbo usb tuner, only 1 shows up. Use another brand usb tuner and 2 show up. Same problem on Solo2 and Solo4K so it seems to be a bug in Openvix.

I asked many people here over this last year if 2x usb tuners would work and people confirmed it works.

Could the image creators please look into this? And fix this issue in the next update or so please.

Doubtful its an image bug, I'd suggest you test with Official VU+ image or Blackhole. If two VU+ Turbo tuners work come back and lest us know.
 
what brand cable tuners are you using , i only have one tuner, but i have to run the plugin for the tuner to enable it then i can set it up in the image
 
what brand cable tuners are you using , i only have one tuner, but i have to run the plugin for the tuner to enable it then i can set it up in the image

If you had read the post you will have known he is trying to use 2x Vu+ Turbo Tuners.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Doubtful its an image bug, I'd suggest you test with Official VU+ image or Blackhole. If two VU+ Turbo tuners work come back and lest us know.
Ah, it's safe to try this and go back to Openvix? It won't change anything that can't be changed back by reinstalling openvix? Like the annoying blackhole boot image my friend's box is stuck with even though he is on openvix?

Could someone give me a link to the ofiicial vu+ images and black hole images. I have searched for an hour and keep finding "backup" images that have been made by people with extras added. I want to try a clean install with the VU+ usb tuner to see if 2 at same time work.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone give me a link to the ofiicial vu+ images and black hole images. I have searched for an hour and keep finding "backup" images that have been made by people with extras added. I want to try a clean install with the VU+ usb tuner to see if 2 at same time work.

I've provided the info here: Link to your other thread!
 
Ah, it's safe to try this and go back to Openvix? It won't change anything that can't be changed back by reinstalling openvix? Like the annoying blackhole boot image my friend's box is stuck with even though he is on openvix?
Yes. Just ensure you do a full image backup of your current image now.

To remove the blackhole boot image, you have two options...
1. Add splash_cfe_auto.bin from original image and store this in your backup image
2. Download original image and remove all files from solo2 folder except the splash_cfe_auto.bin file and do USB flash of just this file
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top