Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] After flash box totally unusable

  • Thread starter Thread starter hyperjase
  • Start date Start date
H

hyperjase

Guest
Well I have a pretty much dead box. It's working but refuses to boot, left it for 30 mins and just get the VIX spinner which spins but never gets to the menu.

This happened after my hard drive disappeared from the mounts, attempted to mount but not joy, so unplugged everything USB and hdd, still no boot.

Cannot reflash as USB reads memory stick then just loads into the never ending loading boot.

So how do I get around this?

Can't flash ... doesn't load! I ALWAYS have issues on reflashing, this being the worst issue as it's now kinda dead.
 
I've found a workaround for those with the same issue (USB stick not allowing a reflash).

I used diskpart to create a 256mb partition, set as active then formatted as FAT32, put the folders on that and it worked a treat.

Although the 150 revision still isn't working - I suspect there may be a bug here?

Going back a few versions to see if it works or not.
 
Still no boot even when I revert back to revision 115.....

I have 3 bad blocks on my nand, could the latest version have screwed my nand?
 
I've so far tried Apollo 150, 147, 115 and 022, all flashed via USB and NONE of them boot into the menu. VIX spins permanently.

18 months old and it's screwed. Fantastic.
 
when i had issues with other box i first used bootloader to flash box,have other usb removed first,then i got latest working image and reflashed again.
using cheap usb sticks suck i use integral,kingston and cruzer all formatted to fat 32 and they work:thumbsup:
 
Funnily enough just tried that but still no go, reflashed to latest using a Kingston 16gb stick, flashed OK but still stuck on spinner. I an access through FTP though, any suggestions for files that causing this I could delete?

This appears to have screwed my box, which I'm not impressed at - a simple update has bricked my 18 month old box!
 
Bad blocks on NAND are normal - did you have 3 bad blocks before you had the issue, or has the number increased?
 
I've always had 3, never seen it increase, including this time when I was able to see the upgrade on the screen. 1 hour on solidly, still spinning. Something majorly wrong here. No idea what to do, tried multiple firmware files, nothing works.
 
Already tried and still failed to boot, but on the offchance, will try one more time
 
Still no joy, bootloader flashed first then immediately afterwards 150. Still not booting to the menu.
 
assume you can telnet/ssh in?
do you see anything in /var/log/messages or /var/log/dmesg that might indicate any hardware issues?

Someone might be able to tell you what needs to be put in the config to enable debug in E2 so we can work out where it's getting stuck...
 
I can telnet to the box, I can also FTP.

Managed to get to the messages file in var/log and most of the messages show as user.warn.

I think that this may answer some of the question:

Code:
Mar  1 20:26:17 vuduo daemon.notice ntpdate[375]: step time server 94.228.40.3 offset 1425241549.229742 sec
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.alert kernel: CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000028, epc == e072950c, ra == e0729c54
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: Oops[#1]:
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: Cpu 0
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: $ 0   : 00000000 30008700 e072950c 00000000
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: $ 4   : 00000000 30008701 00000249 0040022c
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: $ 8   : 00000018 8030ddd8 00000000 00000000
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: $12   : ffffff00 00000020 00000000 00000026
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: $16   : 00000002 00000002 e0729c2c e0729bd4
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: $20   : e0729b90 00a6f5a8 772c14a0 01006580
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: $24   : 00000000 e07523c8                  
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: $28   : 86810000 86811de8 766fb2b0 e0729c54
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: Hi    : 00000000
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: Lo    : 00000198
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: epc   : e072950c NEXUS_Gpio_Close_impl+0x0/0x8c [dvb_bcm7335]
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel:     Tainted: P           O
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: ra    : e0729c54 NEXUS_Gpio_Close+0x28/0x3c [dvb_bcm7335]
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: Status: 30008703	KERNEL EXL IE 
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: Cause : 00800008
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: BadVA : 00000028
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: PrId  : 0002a044 (Brcm4380)
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: Modules linked in: ipv6 brcmfb(O) dvb_bcm7335(PO) procmk(O)
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: Process enigma2 (pid: 429, threadinfo=86810000, task=87cd36f0, tls=7794d490)
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: Stack : 87fdccc0 e070ab00 00000000 00000022 00000000 86811e18 00000002 e070b3c4
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: 	  868b6440 e070aac0 e0ba25bc e070b558 00000002 00000001 00000000 00000000
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: 	  00000000 00000000 e0b8bc94 00000003 e0b8bc94 005be494 00000003 005be494
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: 	  00a6f5a8 e0708474 772c14a0 01006580 766fb2b0 800d9928 86823a80 87fdccc0
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: 	  005be494 8012ad90 00000041 8070fd8c 8841ca90 881fdee8 195c0109 0000000b
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: 	  ...
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: Call Trace:
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<e072950c>] NEXUS_Gpio_Close_impl+0x0/0x8c [dvb_bcm7335]
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<e0729c54>] NEXUS_Gpio_Close+0x28/0x3c [dvb_bcm7335]
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<e070b3c4>] max9597_enable_output+0x118/0x20c [dvb_bcm7335]
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<e0708474>] cleanup_procfs_stb_video+0x432c/0x55d0 [dvb_bcm7335]
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<8012ad90>] proc_file_write+0x80/0xe8
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<80125f04>] proc_reg_write+0x84/0xd8
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<800c891c>] vfs_write+0x9c/0x184
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<800c8c54>] sys_write+0x58/0xbc
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<8000e448>] stack_done+0x20/0x44
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: Code: 27398b28  03200008  00002821 <8c850028> 27bdffe8  afb00010  afbf0014  10a00007  00808021 
Mar  1 20:26:28 vuduo user.warn kernel: ---[ end trace bd93bc4ee18df68a ]---
Mar  1 20:26:36 vuduo user.warn kernel: bcm7335: hotplug_callback(): 
Mar  1 20:26:36 vuduo user.warn kernel: Hotplug - status.connected 0
Mar  1 20:26:36 vuduo user.warn kernel: bcm7335: hotplug_callback(): 
Mar  1 20:26:36 vuduo user.warn kernel: Hotplug - status.connected 0
Mar  1 20:26:36 vuduo user.warn kernel: bcm7335: hotplug_callback(): 
Mar  1 20:26:36 vuduo user.warn kernel: Hotplug - status.connected 1
Mar  1 20:26:36 vuduo user.warn kernel: bcm7335: hotplug_callback(): 
Mar  1 20:26:36 vuduo user.warn kernel: Hotplug - connecting HDMI to display 0xe
Mar  1 20:34:10 vuduo authpriv.info login[442]: pam_unix(login:session): session opened for user root by LOGIN(uid=0)
Mar  1 20:34:11 vuduo authpriv.notice login[443]: ROOT LOGIN  on '/dev/pts/0' from '192.168.0.17:49780'

Oops#1?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
looks like a kernel panic that then kills enigma2. It'll need someone with more knowledge than me to digest the stack!

Could be an issue with the RAM possibly...
 
Yep as I looked at it, it didn't look good! I'm glad it's a software issue and not hardware (or at least it looks that way).

Fingers crossed a simple fix!
 
Odd how though lots of different versions didn't work at all - not checked the logs but all did the same thing, not boot....
 
Without doing anything (except turning it off) ... it's started working again. It was only switching it on to get the log file off.

????
 
Bought it in August 2013 so I'm hoping not.

After thinking logically the one thing I did change was to plug HDMI back into my tv as it was plugged into my pc monitor while I was upgrading. My monitor is 16x10 whereas my tv is 16x9 - I'm wondering whether the resolution confused the box? My monitor works at 1920x1200 so not standard HD.

I will check the capacitor just in case but it seems to be ok now!
 
Bought it in August 2013 so I'm hoping not.

After thinking logically the one thing I did change was to plug HDMI back into my tv as it was plugged into my pc monitor while I was upgrading. My monitor is 16x10 whereas my tv is 16x9 - I'm wondering whether the resolution confused the box? My monitor works at 1920x1200 so not standard HD.

I will check the capacitor just in case but it seems to be ok now!

Have been pulling my hair out all night flashing different images. Nothing worked, not even the original Vu+. Turns out I had this same problem. Unplugged the HDMI cable from my monitor after flashing and waited until the LED asked for me to Select Video and then plugged HDMI back in.

Thanks for this post, I thought I had bricked it!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top