Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

autobouquets and userbouquets

  • Thread starter Thread starter LeeC22
  • Start date Start date
L

LeeC22

Guest
I'll stop hassling with questions after this one... I promise. :D

Last night, I sent over the latest catseye settings, with a bouquet I had added manually, and had deleted the Sky UK sections as I have ABM creating those. After I had sent them over, the autobouquets had disappeared. So I thought "well they'll come back in the morning when it autoupdates". When I got up this morning, I had the autobouquets back, but all the userbouquets had gone. So I had to copy the catseye settings back, without the changes I made, as I didn't know if I had done anything to break them. I then had to tell ABM to do another scan, which seems to have got both sets back.

So my questions is... Is telling ABM to do a scan, after copying over the catseye settings normal procedure? Or does it sound like I am doing something wrong, to cause the problem? I am using DreamSet to copy settings over, as it's just a bit more friendly than DreamboxEdit for bouquet management.

The bouquets are the one area where I want to take a bit more control. I want to create a full categorised FTA bouquet based on kingofsat's lists of FTA channels, for each satellite I can receive. So if I can find out if what happened is normal, I can rule out me breaking something, as being the cause of things disappearing... if that makes sense.
 
ABM does not interfere with existing bouquets.

Perhaps you can upload your bouquet and someone can see what is wrong?
 
Well, that's what I thought, because I already updated the catseye settings a couple of days back after my other thread, with no problems... although I did still have to do the ABM scan after.

The only thing I have done differently, was allowed ABM to do an autoupdate, followed by an auto CrossEPG update. Could it be the automated part of the ABM process that is causing the problem? My box goes into deep standby at a certain time, and then wakes itself to do the updates. Could things happening either side of the deep standby cause a problem? So I did:- manual catseye update -> auto Deep Standby -> auto wake -> ABM autoupdate -> crossEPG autoupdate

All my bouquet was, was the FTA channels for 4.0W being put into a new categorised bouquet. The stupid thing was, I don't actually get that satellite at the moment, so god knows what made me pick it. I will recreate it later, and upload it. It just takes a bit of time to create, because the Dreamset search feature is a complete pain. F3 is supposed to do a search, but it doesn't display the search dialog, unless you use the menu option. So it's lots of scrolling to find the channels, which is a bit frustrating.
 
If you modify a bouquet, you are normally prompted to save changes before transfer. Should still be on PC.
 
No, when it went wrong, I overwrote the PC ones with the default ones from the .ZIP file, ready to send to the box.
 
Okay... so I spent literally hours last night and today creating three bouquets. I worked through the satellites 13.0 East, 16.0 E and 19.2 E on Kingofsat. I went down the whole list of FTA filtered channels, adding missing channels and frequencies as I went. I transferred those settings over, and my autobouquets disappeared. I ran the ABM scan, and the userbouquets disappeared. The files are still on the box though, they haven't been deleted.

When I opened the lamedb file (from the Uno) in Notepad++, right at the bottom, it says "Have a lot of bugs!". So I guess that's my problem. The file on my PC, that was saved out of Dreamset, says "end" followed by "Editor:DreamSet 2.39 - [http link removed]". So I have no idea if ABM is causing the "lot of bugs" error, or something else. I suspect it might be me adding things wrongly that has caused the problem.

When I load the settings into DreamboxEdit, it only finds 23 errors, and none of them are for anything I had entered. And just to really throw more confusion into the mix, when I transferred the settings with DBE, then ran an ABM scan, everything was there as it should be... the lamedb file still has the "lot of bugs" line at the end though.

Needless to say, I have absolutely no clue what is going on here. Adding a simple bouquet, surely shouldn't cause this amount of hassle, and completely random behaviour though. I couldn't find out where the ABM log was, so I have had to photograph each page of the log. I'm going to try and turn those photos into a text file, so I can read exactly what it did. I will post that text file when I've done it. It could take a while, because I'm the wrong side of p*ss*d off at the moment with all this messing about. :mad:

[Edit: Just realised, there's no point in looking at the log. It worked, so nothing would show up. :( ]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top