Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] AutoOrganise Recorded Items Folder Solution

  • Thread starter Thread starter varianjv
  • Start date Start date
The script does not recognise the recordings composed with event name. It starts to move them to the root of internal memory. If they are not compliant to the way it does things, it must leave them and not try to transfer them. In any case, it should move tehm to teh same location as they were on. NOt all storage devices are mounted as HDD. Reading the config file is no use if the recordings were made/scheduled prior to the event name option being used. The actual filename needs to be checked. Other plugins can detect the name compositions, so script should be able to too. Hopefully will be tweaked further.

That explains it as I was using event name until I saw this script and changed back to standard. As majority of my recordings are based on event name this explains the issue. Thanks for explaining.
 
...Not all storage devices are mounted as HDD...
The following script code could be used to determine location of "movie" folder regardless of where "movie" is mounted and store path location in variable "movieDir":-

Code:
movieDir=$(find / -name "movie")
 
Perahps I'm not explaining well enough. The script works fine for the enigma 1 naming convention (default) and moves them fine. For the ones that are event name based, it misbehaves.

N.B.
I have yet to try the edit that was suggested. I supect it will do the same for the default names.
 
Perahps I'm not explaining well enough. The script works fine for the enigma 1 naming convention (default) and moves them fine. For the ones that are event name based, it misbehaves.
I know but I still use default naming convention (didn't even know I could change it tbh). I can imagine most others do as well.

However, something needs to be done. If it's difficult to cater for other naming conventions then it should be coded so as it basically does nothing. Better it do nothing than cause problems by storing movies to root.

There are limitations to script so maybe once these issues are sorted out, someone could try and code it in python as an actual plugin.
 
maybe an undo IPK would be useful for those who decide they don't like it after installing it?
To go back to normal
 
maybe an undo IPK would be useful for those who decide they don't like it after installing it?
To go back to normal
Can't you use remove plugin from plugin menu?
 
This is amazing! Finally vix has a feature most boxes have had for years! MUCH better than the "tag" function and makes the box much more user friendly! My only observation would be that it puts all the episodes of a series in a folder but leaves one outside the folder. Is this due to it not placing lone episodes in a folder?
 
I have flashed a new image as I have a new duo2 and have not changed any settings, and the script does move most episodes but leaves a single episode of each series outside the folder it has created
 
I have flashed a new image as I have a new duo2 and have not changed any settings, and the script does move most episodes but leaves a single episode of each series outside the folder it has created
It runs every 10/15 mins and will not move anything that is still open (ie still recording).

It also, doesn't move anything that was recorded via timer rather than autotimer.

I've found it moves all the OH soaps into their respective folders.
 
It runs every 10/15 mins and will not move anything that is still open (ie still recording).

It also, doesn't move anything that was recorded via timer rather than autotimer.

I've found it moves all the OH soaps into their respective folders.

Thanks for the reply,
Is there any way to make it move shows recorded with the regular timer? My wife records the odd soap every now and again, but never uses an auto timer as she doesnt need every episode recorded. This would be the situation where this script is most useful as you can already set a destination in the autotimer menu
 
Thanks for the reply,
Is there any way to make it move shows recorded with the regular timer? My wife records the odd soap every now and again, but never uses an auto timer as she doesnt need every episode recorded. This would be the situation where this script is most useful as you can already set a destination in the autotimer menu
The problem then becomes it will move everything into a folder on it's own even if you recorded a film or a one-off episode of something.

This was why autotimer recording where chosen to determine what is actually a series rather than a one-off.
 
Can't you use remove plugin from plugin menu?

That removes plugins, it doesn't UNDO what the plugin did.
A backup restore would not either as HDD contents are not backed up by the backup function.

An undo ipk to undo the folders, and separate the recordings again would be useful, for instance, when the intended function "misebehaves"

Also, it wold be great if it also moves recordings into foldeer made from Timer too, not just AutoTimer
Is this by choice, or because it is difficult to script?

Furthermore, is this compatible with the new Vix 3.2 image? Some 3rd party plugins are not compatible.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That removes plugins, it doesn't UNDO what the plugin did.
A backup restore would not either as HDD contents are not backed up by the backup function.

An undo ipk to undo the folders, and separate the recordings again would be useful, for instance, when the intended function "misebehaves"
Not realistic as for this to work as you want would mean it would have to keep track of every single recording it has moved otherwise what happens if it moves something from a folder that was done via the "tag" system or the user didn't want that specific thing to be moved back again, or it moved a recording that was done by the user themselves. This would then have other users complaining that the undo moved recordings it shouldn't!!

Also, it wold be great if it also moves recordings into foldeer made from Timer too, not just AutoTimer
Is this by choice, or because it is difficult to script?
By choice as other users found it moved everything into a folder even one-off films, recordings, etc. See my post #92

Furthermore, is this compatible with the new Vix 3.2 image? Some 3rd party plugins are not compatible.
Got to say, not tested it yet as soaps aren't on now until Monday :)

Please remember that the OP did this himself for himself but was kind enough to share it with rest of us.

Obviously, this plugin/feature isn't officially supported by OpenVix.
 
Last edited:
Not realistic as for this to work as you want would mean it would have to keep track of every single recording it has moved otherwise what happens if it moves something from a folder that was done via the "tag" system or the user didn't want that specific thing to be moved back again, or it moved a recording that was done by the user themselves. This would then have other users complaining that the undo moved recordings it shouldn't!!.
One of the contributers here actually said it is quite easy to do, a script to reverse its work. Just a matter of someone doing it.

No-one has to risk using the "undoer" if they don't want to. Just like the original script, it is simply a choice.

Please remember that the OP did this himself for himself but was kind enough to share it with rest of us.

Obviously, this plugin/feature isn't officially supported by OpenVix.
No-one said it was officially supported, and no-one is forgetting.

It's a very simple question whether it is compatible, not a sign of ungratefulness or an assumption that it is in any way official.
For those of us who plan to update to the new Vix 3.2.

I'm sure we all hope the script/ipk gets integrated into Vix at some point and the creator of this script/ipk has his name listed in the contributers of Openvix, as all of us following this thread recognise how great this script/ipk is. It's nice to be able to follow the progress of something like this.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
One of the contributers here actually said it is quite easy to do, a script to reverse its work. Just a matter of someone doing it.

No-one has to risk using the "undoer" if they don't want to. Just like the original script, it is simply a choice.
I never read that in this thread about an undoer being easy to do without moving other things that werent moved via this plugin. It would be a case of all or nothing (I would say) and everyone has different ideas and wouldn't be happy if it moved everything even things that weren't done via this script/plugin.

No-one said it was officially supported, and no-one is forgetting.

It's a very simple question whether it is compatible, not a sign of ungratefulness or an assumption that it is in any way official.
For those of us who plan to update to the new Vix 3.2.
Sorry, I did mistake your post as kindof ungrateful to the OP.

I'm sure we all hope the script/ipk gets integrated into Vix at some point and the creator of this script/ipk has his name listed in the contributers of Openvix, as all of us following this thread recognise how great this script/ipk is. It's nice to be able to follow the progress of something like this.
I agree but as mentioned by others earlier, it needs to recognise if recording conventions were changed from their default first otherwise it can move things to root which can be bad.
 
I never read that in this thread about an undoer being easy to do without moving other things that werent moved via this plugin.

Post #33:
A reversal script would be easy, to iterate through the folders and move everything back up a level.
So it would be great if this was all integrated into one iPK, that would be awesome.

Sorry, I did mistake your post as kindof ungrateful to the OP.
That is kind of funny because all I did was ask if it compatible with Openvix 3.2.

it needs to recognise if recording conventions were changed from their default first otherwise it can move things to root which can be bad.
The irony is, that almost sounds ungrateful :p

As I said it is nice to follow the progress of this, and I hope it continues to develop. And it's great that you turned it into an IPK for everyone so your contribution in that regard has also been great.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Post #33:

So it would be great if this was all integrated into one iPK, that would be awesome.
Again, this would apply to everything regardless of whether it was done via this script or not. All I said was that it couldn't be done without affecting anything else that a user may have done themselves and didn't want it moving. It's all or nothing and not everyone would be happy with that.

The irony is, that almost sounds ungrateful :p
Just cautious because a few have had their series moved to root from what i've read and this could easily fill up root drive forcing box to stop working.

I'm very grateful for this script and I use it and will continue to do so. I've got it running on Vix 3.2 now but until after corrie on Monday I couldn't say whether this will still work. All I've noticed is that cron which wasn't installed by default on Hades is now. This shouldn't be an issue as all ipk does is re-install it.

However, as this is just a script then I can't see it being a problem but will report back tomorrow :)
 
Thanks to the OP for this plugin, I'm really enjoying it......how much more potential has it got;
1. To delete folders that don't have any recordings - I often delete the recording and then have to delete the folder separately. Appreciate you can delete both folders and recording.
2. To order the folders in alpha order.....but leave the root files in date order....tall order maybe.

Great work.
 
To order the folders in alpha order.....but leave the root files in date order.
Folders and files can be sorted anyway you want. Press blue button for sort options in any folder & it will be remembered.
No need for any plugin to do anything with this.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top