Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8500] Autotimer - Quick Series link style option

satnut2

Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2014
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Ive been testing some other images and noticed other builds have a series link type record option within the EPG

I know its not true series link , when you press record when in the epg you get two quick options
1. Record
2. Series Link

When you press series link once then the recording is set

What it does is automatically sets a timer for the program name, weekly any time during that day

I know in Vix there is a multitude of timer options , however you have to go through a couple of more screens and check boxes to achieve the same thing

I thought this was a nice feature , any plans or chance to have this in the vix build ?
 
Ive been testing some other images and noticed other builds have a series link type record option within the EPG

I know its not true series link , when you press record when in the epg you get two quick options
1. Record
2. Series Link

When you press series link once then the recording is set

What it does is automatically sets a timer for the program name, weekly any time during that day

That is making some big assumptions about when the next program in a series will be and could cause a few problems for those who belive it is a true series link facility. It could cause more problems than it pretends to solve.
 
Press the Record button and select AutoTimer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy , In 4 years of vix use I have always pressed the blue button to record something whilst in the epg which forces you into a couple of extra screens

I tried your method of pressing record then autotimer and the function I'm after is already there as you suggested !!! every day a school day !!
 
Andy , In 4 years of vix use I have always pressed the blue button to record something whilst in the epg which forces you into a couple of extra screens

I tried your method of pressing record then autotimer and the function I'm after is already there as you suggested !!! every day a school day !!

This will set an AutoTimer which polls for the Title in question occurring on the same day of the week. You will still need to edit the filters if the event could occur on different days of the week.

You can, for example, set a filter to exclude weekends (having deleted the automatically set filter for a particular weekday), then the EPG data for each weekday will be polled for that event.

Less than ideal solution, but setting filters when creating a new AutoTimer need only be done once.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top