Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Bought box first time, tried latest OpenViX and now stuck on 'Starting...'

pproductions

New member
Joined
Mar 19, 2016
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,.

I'm having trouble with my Solo2 not booting up at all. It's stuck on Starting with a noisy screen.

I posted this elsewhere but since this forum has a bigger following, decided to try my luck in solving this issue.

I ordered a box off eBay (from a different supplier, geniune box to my knowledge, no other stickers other than a serial barcode + mac address underneath) and it was already loaded with some kind of image. It came with a 750GB HDD installed.

I didn't bother checking what image was loaded but the boot logo had Vu+ Your Smart Linux TV Player on it.

After running through the wizard and setting it up, I decided to flash it with the latest version of OpenViX.

Here's what I did:

1) Formatted my 64GB SanDisk Ultra Fit USB to FAT32 using the HP Format Tool. (Now I don't know if it's this stick.. please keep reading).
2) Downloaded the openvix-3.2.037.release-vusolo2_usb.zip and put the extracted "vuplus" folder onto the USB.
2) All cables were connected if that helps diagnose the problem (HDMI, Ethernet, LNB in and power).
3) Box was turned off as advised from the rocker switch.
4) Put USB into front panel, turned rocker switch to ON and the box started doing the following:

  • Update!
  • Press Power
  • Update!
  • Press Power

5) Pressed the Power touch button on the box and it did the following:

  • Reading USB...
  • Erasing...
  • Reading USB...
  • Erasing...
  • Reading USB...
  • Erasing...
  • Continuing...
  • Flashing...
  • Starting...

Then I see this...

IMG_0929.webp

Now the box boots up and is stuck on the message "Starting..."

My guess is that my USB drive was large in capacity so the box didn't bother completing the update? I tried to format my USB from Windows a couple of times and the box wouldn't detect the USB.

So went back to using the HP Format Tool and tried again with no luck. Steps 4 and 5 still happen.

I've ordered a new 8GB Cruzer Blade USB which I read was a tested stick. Until that comes later today, I thought I'd ask the question in case someone else has this problem in the future.

Is this box dead now or will a reflash do with the right USB?
 
Last edited:
The behaviour you are describing is what happens when you try to flash a clone box with official vix releases, where did you buy the box?
Edit: see you got it off eBay, oh dear - try contacting the seller... Good luck.
 
Last edited:
I suggest posting images of your box so someone can check whether it's a clone.
 
Post a picture of the back of the box, so we can see of it is a genuine box.
 
ebay sellers should be banned, as many sell as genuine and when it comes to it 90% are clones

if genuine - did you flash the vu +solo2 bootloader first before flashing openivx image?
 
1. There is no publicly available bootloader for the Solo 2
2. There is no requirement to flash a bootloader until the manufacturer provides an updated one. This is what is posted on our download site. "Extreme care should be taken when flashing bootloaders, these should only be re-flashed or upgraded if a new version is released or the manufacturer has advised to upgrade to a newer version"
 
Here's all the images of the box (crossed out serial number and mac address):

IMG_0940.webp
IMG_0941.webp
IMG_0942.webp
IMG_0943.webp
IMG_0944.webp

@john doe:

if genuine - did you flash the vu +solo2 bootloader first before flashing openivx image?

Fom what I know, this box doesn't have an available bootloader to download because it already comes with the latest? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Thanks abu baniaz, thought I read that too.
 
ebay sellers should be banned, as many sell as genuine and when it comes to it 90% are clones

if genuine - did you flash the vu +solo2 bootloader first before flashing openivx image?

You always say this. lol. Vu+ Solo2 does not have a bootloader!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The clone makers have improved the exterior. Pictures of the inside may be better for comparisson purposes. If you flash a really old image, and that works, then that is confirmation of it being a clone.
 
The clone makers have improved the exterior. Pictures of the inside may be better for comparisson purposes. If you flash a really old image, and that works, then that is confirmation of it being a clone.

Any suggested image versions to try? First time user of an Enigma2 box. Been on Skybox/Openbox only prior to this.
 
To me this looks a clone box. If you flashed with an older ViX image, say 3.0-808 the last build in that series. If that works, you've been shafted from a great height.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Can't seem to find the older images on here. Any version I can try from Vu+ Update site?

I clicked on Vu+ Images 3.0 > Vu+ Solo2 and there's a list of zip files there.

Don't know if it's s clone or not, but the picture of the tv screen looks like an hdmi handshake error. Can you try scart input.

I tried phono leads but the screen was black this time on AV2/Component. Box still says "Starting..."
 
If a clone that won't work. Needs to try ViX 3.0-808 or a very very early Apollo build.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No Apollo builds available anymore.
 
The clone makers have improved the exterior. Pictures of the inside may be better for comparisson purposes. If you flash a really old image, and that works, then that is confirmation of it being a clone.

Images of the internals:

IMG_0945.webp

IMG_0946.webp

IMG_0947.webp

IMG_0948.webp

I'll see if I can find an older image because the official site doesn't have any archived...

EDIT:


Tried this image but does the same thing as Andy_Hazza said it wouldn't work.

If anyone has the old 3.0-808 image, please PM me.

Thanks.

EDIT2:

Could it be my USB? It is 64GB but properly formatted to FAT32. I'm waiting for the 8GB to be delivered today so going to try that later.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top