Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] Box crashes in "About" or "MultiBoot Image Selector"

bulmers

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2015
Messages
46
Reaction score
2
Points
8
What type of support thread are you creating?
Support question
What OpenViX Image build number are you using?
6.7
Have you tried re-flashing WITHOUT settings restore?
YES
Have you tried re-flashing WITH a settings restore?
YES
Hi, I had Openvix 6.7-13 installed and working fine . Today I checked Menu > Information > About ; It displayed Openvix 6.7-13 and all the other details that it should have.
So , I did an upgrade ; Menu > System > Software update > Software update; Created a backup image and did the update.
The box updated and rebooted but got stuck with "49" displayed on the front panel. Openvix screen was displayed on the tv. I waited and waited and waited, but nothing happened.
Powered down the box and turned it back on again, same outcome, So I connected to box with Filezilla , downloaded the backup image from the internal SSD and reflashed the box with usb.
Box boot up fine , I was back to a working Openvix 6.7-13. But now, if I go Menu > Information > About ; the box crashes and reboots but other then that, it seems to be working fine. Also If I go Menu > Standby & Restart > MultiBoot Image Selector, the same happens.
Ive tried installing a clean image of Openvix 6.7-19, disconnect everything from the box including the internal SSD, but I get the same crash if I try to access the "About" page in "Information"
Ive also flashed the older openvix image thats available to download through image manager, but still the same problem.
Then I flashed OpenATV 7.5.1 Current to slot 2 and booted to this image. With this image I can access the "About" page and " Multiboot Menu " without any problems or crashing. But If I reflash Openvix, The crash problem returns.

Just wondering if anyone here take a look at the crash log thats generated if I select "About" in the "Information" menu ?

At the time when this log was generated ; I pressed "OK" on the "About" option at 19:22



Thank you for your time,
If anyone can give me pointers to whats wrong Id be greatful .
Thanks
 

Attachments

Ca you use putty and telnet into the box with your box IP address and login user and your password?
Then type the following……. cat /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/chosen/bootargs. Space betwenn cat and first /
and post the information here?
Also if not done turn on debug logs … menu -> serup ——>system —> logs ——settings and enable, save not to flash, local time
Take the restart
Post debug log here after restart.
 
Thank you.

cat /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/chosen/bootargs

Output is :
root=/dev/mmcblk0p3 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs1 kernel=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait h7_4.boxmode=1 coherent_pool=2M
 
@bulmers - many thanks for the clear information.
Please try this attachment as follows:-
In putty, type init 4 (space between) to stop box.
In filezilla rename multiboot.pyc in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools to something!!
In filezilla copy attachment to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools
In putty type init 3 (space between)

Hopefully that will fix issue... please confirm
 

Attachments

@twol
Thank you so much. That worked. No more crashes if I try to view "About" or view the Multiboot Menu.
Have you any explanation to what could have happened?
And also; when I flash a new image , will I have the same problem again and need to follow your procedure again?

Thank you for your help , but Im just curious about how this problem came about and I assume that if I flash another image , the folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools will be overwritten with the new image . And any time I tried flashing a fresh clean Openvix image; It did not fix my problem. Am I correct ?

Thank you so much for your time (y)
 
Just tried flashing a new image , well an older one actually :D
 
@twol
Thank you so much. That worked. No more crashes if I try to view "About" or view the Multiboot Menu.
Have you any explanation to what could have happened?
And also; when I flash a new image , will I have the same problem again and need to follow your procedure again?

Thank you for your help , but Im just curious about how this problem came about and I assume that if I flash another image , the folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools will be overwritten with the new image . And any time I tried flashing a fresh clean Openvix image; It did not fix my problem. Am I correct ?

Thank you so much for your time (y)
so the H7 has been around for a long long time and the parameters used when the box boots (on power up, reboot or restart) are added when the image is built ...... but it would appear that the order of the information in /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/chosen/bootargs has changed in recent months, which I hadn´t noticed.
There have been some significant changes to the OE-A base code which is used by all OE-A images, so I guess that one of those changes caused the change..... and our code for good or bad expected a certain order in bootargs.

So the attachment has updated code which now looks for the keyword rather than an expected sequence.
Will commit change.
 
Just flashed 6.7-10 and did not restore any settings. The problem returns .
Followed your above instructions, but box rebooted and is now stuck again with "49" on the front display
 
Ill reflash to 6.7-19 , restore settings and follow your procedure to get it working again
 
Just tried flashing a new image , well an older one actually :D

Ill reflash to 6.7-19 , restore settings and follow your procedure to get it working again
stay with 6.7-19 and my change until we build next image with the commit.
with 6.7-10 you should be able to telnet into box, enter init 4 and then enigma2 and see a log with issue in last few (10 -> 20) lines, if so post here.
 
so the H7 has been around for a long long time and the parameters used when the box boots (on power up, reboot or restart) are added when the image is built ...... but it would appear that the order of the information in /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/chosen/bootargs has changed in recent months, which I hadn´t noticed.
There have been some significant changes to the OE-A base code which is used by all OE-A images, so I guess that one of those changes caused the change..... and our code for good or bad expected a certain order in bootargs.

So the attachment has updated code which now looks for the keyword rather than an expected sequence.
Will commit change.
So the problem arose when I updated from 6.7-13 to 6.7-19. So the change occurred somewhere between 6.7-14 and 6.7-19 which caused the problem?

And going forward ; there will be a fix implemented in future Openvix releases ?

Thank you once again :)
 
Flashed 6.7-19, restored my settings, applied your change . All back working again. I will leave it as it is.
Thank you once again for your fix

all the best :)
 
Flashed 6.7-19, restored my settings, applied your change . All back working again. I will leave it as it is.
Thank you once again for your fix

all the best :)
Can you show us a screengrab of the about screen please
 
OK
 

Attachments

  • 1_0_19_835_3EA_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20250923190143.webp
    1_0_19_835_3EA_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20250923190143.webp
    76.9 KB · Views: 24

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top