Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] bug? mounting CIFS share

  • Thread starter Thread starter keratos
  • Start date Start date
Guys..just to be clear...
The OP was about not being able to mount a windows share on my duo+ over CIFS
And also just to be clear. When I flash my VU+ Ultimo with latest Vix image, kernel is 3.9.6 and cifs mounts don`t operate. When I flash my VU+ Duo2 with latest ViX image, kernel is 3.13.5 and same cifs shares I tried to mount to Ultimo are ok. Both boxes have also 4 nfs mounts operating well.
If I go back to Apollo version 024 (I have full backup on hdd) there is no problem with cifs shares. In Apollo 024 kernel version is 3.1.1.
 
Last edited:
Thanks. that is very clear. Same here in terms of earlier versions working. I'm going to restore
 
Just to borrow a part of private conversation between me and Sundtek: It's a pity that VU+ cannot maintain good code quality like Dream Multimedia does, we visited Marusys some years ago and seems like they only have very few people to do all that.
 
I agree with you. I don't have enough knowlege of the code base but have offered my services as a alpha/beta tester - not taken up - so I'm just restoring and may end up moving to openpli or BH!!!!
 
I agree with you. I don't have enough knowlege of the code base but have offered my services as a alpha/beta tester - not taken up - so I'm just restoring and may end up moving to openpli or BH!!!!
Not to BH I hope!
 
Well..at least shares work in BH as I need them to. I'll give openvix one more chance at 091 when it's out..then that's that if it doesn't work
 
Well..at least shares work in BH as I need them to. I'll give openvix one more chance at 091 when it's out..then that's that if it doesn't work
Well. OpenPLi is ok with me. At the moment my Ultimo is flashed with it. There are things like softcams whitch are important to me. In Finland it is impossible to use Cccam with local pay-tv cards. I spent few weeks to study oscam few years ago. Now I know how server-client works in oscam. With BH is a bit difficult to use softcams.
Just to tell why I use cardshare is downstares-upstairs in my house.
 
Last edited:
same errors using autofs - here is the log from automount -f -v

<code>
mount(generic): failed to mount //192.168.2.1/MOVIE-downloads (type cifs) on /media/autofs/MOVIE
failed to mount /media/autofs/MOVIE
attempting to mount entry /media/autofs/MOVIE
>> unc name specified twice, ignoring second
>> mount error(13): Permission denied
>> Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)
>> unc name specified twice, ignoring second
>> mount error(13): Permission denied
</code>

defo something wrong with mount/cifs libraries
 
Well. OpenPLi is ok with me. At the moment my Ultimo is flashed with it. There are things like softcams whitch are important to me. In Finland it is impossible to use Cccam with local pay-tv cards. I spent few weeks to study oscam few years ago. Now I know how server-client works in oscam. With BH is a bit difficult to use softcams.
Just to tell why I use cardshare is downstares-upstairs in my house.

installed OpenPli to see what its about; pretty basic - I believe other images are based on OpenPli/VU+ oem code?
anyway, how do i enable samba - it was a plugin extension in OpenVix but I cannot find it anywhere in OpenPli. commands like "smbtree" are not working out of the box - I get RPC errors.

??

EDIT: forget it! I've realised it's built in.

ALL WORKING UNDER PLI - CIFS fine . I'm sticking with PLI
(seems much snappier than OpenVix too)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just to confirm what I see.... I have 2 VU+Duo's. At all times I can view the recordings from my Windows 7 computer which are on either Vu+Duo. When I have VIX Kernel 3.1.1 Build 24 installed, I can view recordings on the "remote" VU+Duo. When I upgrade one unit to Kernel 3.9.6 Build 89, I can still mount the share on the "remote" VU+Duo but when I attempt to browse the files it reports "no displayable files on this medium found". However, I can still view files in the reverse direction i.e. by looking from "non upgraded unit" I can see recordings on the "upgraded unit".

Thinking that the problem needed me to upgrade both units, I upgraded the 2nd unit, however the problem now occurs in both directions. As soon as I return both units to Kernel 3.1.1 Build 24, everything works again as expected.

From memory this started problem started about build 25 or soon after, and I've been too busy to look at if for a while.
 
ALL WORKING UNDER PLI - CIFS fine . I'm sticking with PLI
(seems much snappier than OpenVix too)
The thing I would like to have in PLi is excellent graphical EPG of ViX. No matter what skin you have in PLi, graphical EPG:s are horrible with 3D looks.
 
Last edited:
Forgot to add... with Build 89 it is possible to connect CIFS to a NAS share and view files.... so the problem would appear only to be with the way the VIX image talks to another VIX image
 
Now now boys

WoS isn't just a PLI forum
And
Guys here are trying to help so accusations and name calling isn't going to help anyone
 
Now now boys

WoS isn't just a PLI forum
And
Guys here are trying to help so accusations and name calling isn't going to help anyone
Sorry if I went wrong. My hope is to see the best possible image.;)
 
Have you installed Samba on both boxes? And if so: only the server or also the client?

Samba is installed, and I assume both Client and Server

To summarize what my testing has identified
- From my Windows 7 computer, I can connect to my Vu+Duo (irrespective of the build of Apollo) and can view the recordings stored on my VU+Duo
- using any version of Apollo and using a CIFS share, I can view and play recordings stored on the NAS on my Vu+Duo
- with Apollo Build 24, I can connect to any other Build of Apollo, and view and play recordings stored on the remote VU+Duo
- With Build 89 or Build 90 (and previous versions after about Build 25), I cannot see files stored on a remote VU+Duo (irrespective of which which Build the remote unit is running) however I can see the files stored on the NAS.

Strange but True
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top