Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] bug? mounting CIFS share

  • Thread starter Thread starter keratos
  • Start date Start date
So it looks like that not client + server have been installed.
Best way to make sure is to de-install Samba, and re-install it after the reboot, making sure to say 'yes' to the second install question.
 
I have VU+ duo2 on apollo 88 and remote box Edision OS1 on same version.CIFS working fine here.Also NFS working fine.Samba active on both boxes.
 
So it looks like that not client + server have been installed.
Best way to make sure is to de-install Samba, and re-install it after the reboot, making sure to say 'yes' to the second install question.
But tbh: for sharing between two boxes I would never use Samba. Just use NFS; that's a native protocol, no Samba required at all.
 
I also have the network mounting problem on all of my 3 boxes

All was fine on older versions of vix but the updates broke my setup
 
I use CIFS as this is what has worked flawlessly for me for the last 2.5 years

yes i deleted mount and recreated them

I get the same message every time

Either the directory doesnt exist or isnt writable

Any ideas mate?
 
Well, first of all, as I advised before: NFS is the natavi system, so why not use that :confused:

But if you insist on using CIFS (for what reason? I'd like to know): did you install Samba (it's a huge package)?
 
Well, first of all, as I advised before: NFS is the natavi system, so why not use that :confused:

But if you insist on using CIFS (for what reason? I'd like to know): did you install Samba (it's a huge package)?

I use CIFS because its worked flawlessly for the last 2.5 years

Yes samba is installed

You can see my settings here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41873-Cant-seem-to-mount-duo-s-Hdd-on-my-solo

At that time the content could be viewed on the TM single but another vix update meant none of my 3 boxes can view the recordings on my vu duo

It seems like im not the only one with this problem
 
Well, if you refuse to use the native NFS system for your STB's (the test will cost you around 2 minutes) I can't help you.

Using CIFS between Linux boxes is like trying to run a diesel engine on petrol: it may work, but why would you even try?
 
Again this seems to be kernel 3.9.6 cifs mount problem. I naturally use nfs mounts between my boxes (Duo2,Ultimo, DM8000 and DM800), but with D-Link DNS-323 with two 1 TB disks and Buffalo Linkstation with 1 TB disk I am forced to use cifs mounts. Also Synology Diskstation 413j with four 2 TB disks RAID1 understands nfs share.
So still cifs mount problem when having kernel 3.9.6 remains.
 
Well, if you refuse to use the native NFS system for your STB's (the test will cost you around 2 minutes) I can't help you.

Using CIFS between Linux boxes is like trying to run a diesel engine on petrol: it may work, but why would you even try?

I never said I refuse to use NFS buddy, i was just explaining that I have used CIFS for the last 2.5 years without an issue (Im not a very technical person)

I have just downloaded NFS onto the client & server boxes

Do these settings look OK to enter into the client box?

Mount using: FSTAB (mount at boot)
Active: enable
Local Share Name: HarddiskVUDUO
Mount Type: NFS Share
Server IP: 192.168.0.XX
Server share: Harddisk
Use as HDD replacement: no
Mount Options: rw,utf8
Username: root
Password: (Blank)

I would appreciate if you could help me get this sorted :)
 
Best just use the default values, including 'autofs' (that handles off line servers better than fstab).

Ok I have just tried NFS, here are my settings:

Mount using: AUTOFS (Mount as Needed)
Active: enable
Local Share Name: HarddiskVUDUO
Mount Type: NFS Share
Server IP: 192.168.0.XX
Server share: harddisk
Use as HDD replacement: no
Mount Options: rw,nolock,tcp

When I go into mount manager the mount seems to be successful (There is no little red x) but when I go into recording settings and try to change the recording path to the directory of the mount which is /media/autofs/HarddiskVUDUO, I get an error message that says the directory is not writable.

Also in recording settings I cant not collapse the directory /media/autofs/HarddiskVUDUO and browse the subdirectories (Normally I keep my recordings stored in /media/autofs/HarddiskVUDUO/movie

Can you point me in the right direction mate?

EDIT: here is a crash log
 

Attachments

Last edited:
When creating a new mount, it's best to delete the old one first (although 'overwriting' should work).
In 'recording settings' you should delete the old bookmark, and create the new one.
 
When creating a new mount, it's best to delete the old one first (although 'overwriting' should work).
In 'recording settings' you should delete the old bookmark, and create the new one.

Done exactly as you said mate, deleted all mounts and bookmarks and rebooted box

I then tried to add a bookmark to the mount location /media/autofs/HarddiskVUDUO but i get an error mrssage that says the directory is not writable
 
Rebooting isn't even required.

Not sure what's going on then. I use this (i.e. NFS automount with default settings) all the time for all my boxes and don't have any issues with it.
 
I was having trouble with my CIFS mounts, but not sure if it was an update 106/107 or I set the boxes up with a passwords; but now when I enter the user name root and put in the password (not just blank) and it is working fine for me.
This is between both by solo2 and solo and between my solo2 and NAS drive, my solo is on an old VIX till I get time to update it :)

hope yours gets sorted with this
 
Hi,
I also had this problem with Apollo build 089. In my case problem was solved when I cleaned up manually the auto.network in the /etc catalog, and restarted booth NFS and Samba configuration under Settings/system/network!?!?

now my auto.network looks like this (used to include old settings when trying to get it to work):

# automounter configuration
Film -fstype=cifs,user=sat,pass=sat,rw,iocharset=utf8 ://192.168.7.6/Videos

Hope this might help.


Works nicely on Gigablue Openvix Apollo 119 :eek:
 
Had to reflash to Apollo 123, was having trouble again but I changed my mount options from "rw,iocharset=utf8" to "rw,sec=ntlm" and everything works for me with this option. It changes the security mode back to the old protocol, which my NAS drive uses, and was the default in the older kernels.
 
Had to reflash to Apollo 123, was having trouble again but I changed my mount options from "rw,iocharset=utf8" to "rw,sec=ntlm" and everything works for me with this option. It changes the security mode back to the old protocol, which my NAS drive uses, and was the default in the older kernels.

This sorted out my problem with a Duo & ReadyNas Duo thank you so much :amen:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top