Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo4K SE] Cannot move up and down in a Setup screen

The one in the plugin. Then restart.
Those are both in SystemPlugins!
But you do seem to have updated the correct one, and have now moved on to a different problem.
The output from /sbin/blkid seems to be unexpected. (missing a TYPE= field?)
 
Last edited:
You seem to be trying to mount /dev/sda1 (or something does) but you don't want to do that.
But why would you have a "Microsoft reserved partition" on an external drive?

Although it does seem that there may be no way to not mount a partition in this menu once Vix sees it.
 
Last edited:
Those are both in SystemPlugins!
But you do seem to have updated the correct one, and have now moved on to a different problem.
The output from /sbin/blkid seems to be unexpected. (missing a TYPE= field?)

This is the output from my debug:
Code:
'/dev/sda2: LABEL="Ext HDD 01" BLOCK_SIZE="512" UUID="C610F94F10F946C9" TYPE="ntfs" PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" PARTUUID="aa0d2d63-c7e2-4647-98c9-7f2b446f08f7"
ntfs-3g - 2017.3.23-r0
'
 
Code:
>>> result = """/dev/sda2: LABEL="Ext HDD 01" BLOCK_SIZE="512" UUID="C610F94F10F946C9" TYPE="ntfs" PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" PARTUUID="aa0d2d63-c7e2-4647-98c9-7f2b446f08f7"
... ntfs-3g - 2017.3.23-r0
... """
>>>
>>> result.split("UUID=")[1].split(" ")[0].replace('"', '')
'C610F94F10F946C9'
>>>
>>> result.split("TYPE=")[1].split(" ")[0].replace('"', '')
'ntfs'
>>>

So why is it crashing?
 
This is the output from my debug:
Code:
'/dev/sda2: LABEL="Ext HDD 01" BLOCK_SIZE="512" UUID="C610F94F10F946C9" TYPE="ntfs" PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" PARTUUID="aa0d2d63-c7e2-4647-98c9-7f2b446f08f7"
ntfs-3g - 2017.3.23-r0
'


But the crash occurs after:
< 104.7565> addconfFstab result '/dev/sda1: PARTLABEL="Microsoft reserved partition" PARTUUID="dd0c18f4-b858-4387-b568-a71e4531fa65"
ntfs-3g - 2017.3.23-r0
as there is no TYPE= field.
 
You seem to be trying to mount /dev/sda1 (or something does) but you don't want to do that.
But why would you have a "Microsoft reserved partition" on an external drive?

It's a bog-standard USB drive that was previously attached to a Windows PC. I just attached it to the Vu+ box instead. I guess that might explain the Microsoft reserved partition. But the drive works fine for everyday purposes - I can record to it, and view the recordings etc. I've done the same thing with another box a couple of years ago - attached a USB drive that was previously attached to a Windows PC.

Obviously, I could reformat it as Ext2 but then I would lose the flexibility of being able to reattach it to the Windows PC (for example, to do a mammoth file transfer, which I do from time to time).

/media/sda2 is where it is currently mounted. I'm not sure why something is trying to mount /dev/sda1. Could that be the unused other USB port? Perhaps I should try my USB drive in that port rather than the one I randomly chose.

Dan
 
/media/sda2 is where it is currently mounted. I'm not sure why something is trying to mount /dev/sda1. Could that be the unused other USB port? Perhaps I should try my USB drive in that port rather than the one I randomly chose.
When you set-up mounts in the MountManager.py it seems to want to mount every partition it can see.
And it can see /dev/sda1.
I would have expected it to let you select the mountpoints one at a time (and hence not select one for something that you don;t want).
 
Obviously, I could reformat it as Ext2 but then I would lose the flexibility of being able to reattach it to the Windows PC (for example, to do a mammoth file transfer, which I do from time to time)
If you reformat it as ntfs, but get rid of the first partition (i.e. just put ne file-system on the disk) then that would work.

Reformatting /dev/sda2 to ext4 won't help, as /dev/sda1 will still be there, and that's the problem one.
 
But the crash occurs after:

as there is no TYPE= field.

Nope, it crashes on this line:
Code:
	def addconfFstab(self, result=None, retval=None, extra_args=None):
		# print("[MountManager] RESULT:", result)
		if result:
			self.device = extra_args[0]
			self.mountp = extra_args[1]
			result = six.ensure_str(result)
			print("addconfFstab result '%s'" % result)
			self.device_uuid = "UUID=" + result.split("UUID=")[1].split(" ")[0].replace('"', '')
			[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]self.device_type = result.split("TYPE=")[1].split(" ")[0].replace('"', '')[/COLOR][/B]

Code:
>>> result = """/dev/sda2: LABEL="Ext HDD 01" BLOCK_SIZE="512" UUID="C610F94F10F946C9" TYPE="ntfs" PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" PARTUUID="aa0d2d63-c7e2-4647-98c9-7f2b446f08f7"
... ntfs-3g - 2017.3.23-r0
... """
>>>
>>> result.split("UUID=")[1].split(" ")[0].replace('"', '')
'C610F94F10F946C9'
>>>
>>> [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]result.split("TYPE=")[1].split(" ")[0].replace('"', '')[/COLOR][/B]
'ntfs'
>>>

Code:
<   104.7539> [Console] finished: /sbin/blkid | grep sda2 && opkg list-installed ntfs-3g
<   104.7541> addconfFstab result '/dev/sda2: LABEL="Ext HDD 01" BLOCK_SIZE="512" UUID="C610F94F10F946C9" [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]TYPE="ntfs"[/COLOR][/B] PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" PARTUUID="aa0d2d63-c7e2-4647-98c9-7f2b446f08f7"
ntfs-3g - 2017.3.23-r0
'<   104.7542> 
<   104.7565> [Console] finished: /sbin/blkid | grep sda1 && opkg list-installed ntfs-3g
<   104.7565> addconfFstab result '/dev/sda1: PARTLABEL="Microsoft reserved partition" PARTUUID="dd0c18f4-b858-4387-b568-a71e4531fa65"
ntfs-3g - 2017.3.23-r0
'<   104.7565> 
<   104.7567> Traceback (most recent call last):
<   104.7568>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Console.py", line 51, in finishedCB
<   104.7577>     callback(data, retval, self.extra_args)
<   104.7577>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/MountManager.py", line 445, in addconfFstab
<   104.7585>     [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]self.device_type = result.split("TYPE=")[1].split(" ")[0].replace('"', '')[/COLOR][/B]
<   104.7586> IndexError: list index out of range
 
Last edited:
It's a bog-standard USB drive that was previously attached to a Windows PC. I just attached it to the Vu+ box instead. I guess that might explain the Microsoft reserved partition. But the drive works fine for everyday purposes - I can record to it, and view the recordings etc. I've done the same thing with another box a couple of years ago - attached a USB drive that was previously attached to a Windows PC.

Obviously, I could reformat it as Ext2 but then I would lose the flexibility of being able to reattach it to the Windows PC (for example, to do a mammoth file transfer, which I do from time to time).

/media/sda2 is where it is currently mounted. I'm not sure why something is trying to mount /dev/sda1. Could that be the unused other USB port? Perhaps I should try my USB drive in that port rather than the one I randomly chose.

Dan

Ok, can you try this: https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-core/commit/21102144daa54c88986f83e024d7fa01a83ac54d
 
The logic looks OK (only run if you have both shoes on).

However, I reckon that there should be a "no mount" option when running through the mount locations to get the code to ignore a partition. (This is a separate issue).
 

That seems to have eliminated the crash. I copied the file across and attempted to change the mount point to /media/hdd as before. No crash, and mount point changed. Thanks for fixing this.

I then tried to go back and change the Default Movie Location to /media/hdd/movie, but couldn't do so. I get "Directory '/media/hdd/movie/' not valid. Partition must be ext or nfs. Please select an acceptable directory".

I thought we had dealt with that issue with the new version of Recordings.py? I've attached the version I currently have in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens. I think it's the new version so I'm puzzled why this behaviour has reverted. I've also attached the version of Harddisk.py I currently have in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components - again, I think it's the new version.

Thanks,
Dan
 

Attachments

Please post debug log

Debug log attached. I reattempted the operation just before copying the log so you can see the relevant lines at the end.

It's weird because I can see that the Default Movie Location was indeed changed to /media/hdd/movie yesterday, despite the UI telling me it couldn't do so. If I create a test timer it defaults to /media/hdd/movie and it works fine. So this seems to be an issue with the UI for the settings screen.

Dan
 

Attachments

Debug log attached. I reattempted the operation just before copying the log so you can see the relevant lines at the end.

It's weird because I can see that the Default Movie Location was indeed changed to /media/hdd/movie yesterday, despite the UI telling me it couldn't do so. If I create a test timer it defaults to /media/hdd/movie and it works fine. So this seems to be an issue with the UI for the settings screen.

Dan

Is the disk actually mounted. Go in to mount manager and resave.

In your debug you have this:
Code:
[RecordingSettings] valid partitions ['/']

Should be something like this:
Code:
[RecordingSettings] valid partitions ['/media/hdd/', '/media/usb/']
 
Code:
			supported_filesystems = ('ext4', 'ext3', 'ext2', 'nfs', 'cifs', 'ntfs')
			valid_partitions = []
			for partition in Components.Harddisk.harddiskmanager.getMountedPartitions():
				[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]print("partition.mountpoint", partition.mountpoint)[/COLOR][/B]
				[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]print("partition.filesystem()", partition.filesystem())[/COLOR][/B]
				if partition.filesystem() in supported_filesystems:
					valid_partitions.append(partition.mountpoint)
			print("[" + self.__class__.__name__ + "] valid partitions", valid_partitions)

My guess is you are using the wrong Harddisk.py so not outputting "ntfs".

Add the red line above to your Recordings.py and get more debug.
 
Is the disk actually mounted. Go in to mount manager and resave.

In your debug you have this:
Code:
[RecordingSettings] valid partitions ['/']

Should be something like this:
Code:
[RecordingSettings] valid partitions ['/media/hdd/', '/media/usb/']

I went in to Mount Manager and re-saved as suggested (with the mount as /media/hdd) and the system asked me to reboot, so I did. Result is very confusing. When it came back up the mountpoint was not /media/hdd but it had reverted to its old value of /media/sda2. I've gone back in and attempted a few more times to change it to /media/hdd and have carried out the requested reboot each time, but regardless, when it comes back up the mount point is /media/sda2. I've tried unmounting it and remounting it. Same result. This is really odd because it had seemed stable with /media/hdd and now just won't go there.

Some debug logs from the last 3 reboots attached.
 

Attachments

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top