Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Copying Hades Images/All settings to a second VU+Solo 2

John57

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
227
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Location
Germany
Afternoon All

My question is similar to a previous thread that was posted.

I am just seeking reassurance that this can be done and completed in simple manner without to much hassle and complication

I have purchased a second VU+Solo 2 for a second room within my home and this box has the latest Hades loaded on it as the operating system which I find really good.

I would like to know if I can copy ALL of my settings/image from this new box across to my original first VU+Solo 2 box which is running Apollo 141 with to much difficulty, if

someone could indicate that this is indeed possible and the steps needed in order to complete this then I would be extremely grateful

Kind Regards
John
 
Go to the Image Manager which can be found in Blue Button/VIX/Image Manager (Do not select BackupManager because that one only saves the GUI settings)
You will see a list of previously created backups (empty if this is your first time)
Press <menu> to choose options for backup
Choose where you want to store the backup (probably usb so you can take it to the second VU+)
Press "Green" button to save the settings and return to the main screen.
Press "Green" button again to do a New Backup.
The backup starts and if you chose USB it might take even up to 5 minutes depending on the speed of your USB stick.
You can press "Blue" to continue in the background or wait for it to finish and once completed press "OK"

When the backup is ready put the vu+ into deep standby.
Then take the USB stick out and put it into your PC.
In the root is a folder "imagebackups" which contains a ZIP file. Extract the folder "vuplus" to the root of your USB.
Then create a file called "imageversion" (without extension) in the folder "vuplus" (Just leave the file empty, I don't know why its necessary to boot your second vu+).
Now put the USB stick into your second VU+ and boot the machine from the rear power switch.
 
Last edited:
dpark,

Thank you very much for this comprehensive and detailed step by step it is really appreciated,

Once again, many thanks

John.
 
In the root is a folder "imagebackups" which contains a ZIP file. Extract the folder "vuplus" to the root of your USB.
Then create a file called "imageversion" (without extension) in the folder "vuplus" (Just leave the file empty, I don't know why its necessary to boot your second vu+).
Now put the USB stick into your second VU+ and boot the machine from the rear power switch.

I have noticed a file called initrd_cfe_auto.bin that is in the vuplus folder of a fresh image, that is not present in a full backupmcreated from my vu+ solo2. Is this file important to flashing? Do I need to add this to the vuplus folder when copying all vu+ solo2 settings to another vuu+ solo2?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top