Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Custom Bouquet IPTV & FTA/FTV

How to replace none working channels with IPTV streams

Here is latest version of ABM (2017-12-11) now with support for IPTV streams integrated (once setup). This version of ABM is only for MIPS boxes (not Mutant HD51/52, Solo 4k, Wetek Play, Amiko Alien).

Brief instructions on use:

  1. Install this version (or later) of ABM. You may have to over-write existing version and this can be done by the following telnet/putty command:
    Code:
    opkg --force-overwrite --force-downgrade install /tmp/*.ipk
  2. Setup ABM pretty much as you normally do but I personally choose an SD regional version because the SD version of ITV2/3/4 and few other channels are FTA whereas the HD version of these channels are not. This reduces likelyhood of glitches, etc.
  3. You then FTP to "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom" and edit the "sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml" for SkyUK (however, you can use the appropriate custommix for other providers).
  4. In this file, you will see an example IPTV link for Sky1. Go through and populate this list with your IPTV links for the channels you wish (ie not available). The IPTV links are normally in an m3u file provided by your IPTV provider and end with .ts file extension. NB: That your IPTV provider may not provide you with/support use of m3u files.

View attachment enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker_20171211_mips.ipk

Thanks goes to Huevos for adding this facility within ABM and anyone else that helped.
 
Hi bbbuk, thank you for getting involved with this project. Is it not possible to achieve this using a solo4k?
 
Hi bbbuk, thank you for getting involved with this project. Is it not possible to achieve this using a solo4k?

Yes if on latest vix then just use the py files from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...TV-amp-FTA-FTV&p=462433&viewfull=1#post462433

Works fine on my Uno4k using Vix 5.1.003 files go in
\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\AutoBouquetsMaker the py files go in the scanner folder the custommix goes in custom.

Probably best saving a copy of the original pyo files somewhere save then you can easily restore them if it causes issues
 
Last edited:
Not got to stage of getting this done yet, due to work commitments. I am planning on working on this at some point this week, just wanted to ask if there was an issue using a solo4k but I guess not...
 
Hi bbbuk, thank you for getting involved with this project. Is it not possible to achieve this using a solo4k?
Yes, with files that dsayers posted.

I built ABM based on my box which has a mips processor. The other boxes I mentioned require building for their type of processor. Basically, one file within ABM will only run for the type of processor it was built for.
 
Just seen the last few commits on ABM github that we should be able to add iptv to empty slots, could we force service references to the url?

This is an example of Bein Sports HD in my usa/ca bouquet via suls iptv bouquet maker plugin.

Code:
#SERVICE 1:0:1:8ec6:e2a2:8fba:0:0:0:0:http%3a//iptv.net%3a8port/live/username/password/847.ts:USA/CA: BEIN USA HD
#DESCRIPTION USA/CA: BEIN USA HD

First part is the service reference that's linked with EPG Importer sources.
 
Last edited:
Just had a go at this myself

Code:
				# experimental, to replace unavailable services with streams
				elif node.tagName == "streams":
					for node2 in node.childNodes:
						if node2.nodeType == node2.ELEMENT_NODE and node2.tagName == "stream":
							serviceref = ''
							url = ''
							target = ''
							name = ''
							for i in range(0, node2.attributes.length):
								if node2.attributes.item(i).name == "serviceref":
									name = node2.attributes.item(i).value.encode("utf-8")
								if node2.attributes.item(i).name == "name":
									name = node2.attributes.item(i).value.encode("utf-8")
								elif node2.attributes.item(i).name == "url":
									url = node2.attributes.item(i).value.encode("utf-8")
									if "%" not in url[:10]: # url not encoded
										url = quote(url) # single encode url
								elif node2.attributes.item(i).name == "target":
									target = int(node2.attributes.item(i).value)
							if url and target and target in customised["video"]: # must be a current service
								customised["video"][target]["stream"] = url
							elif name and url and target and target not in customised["video"]: # non existing service
								customised["video"][target] = {'service_id': 0, 'transport_stream_id': 0, 'original_network_id': 0, 'namespace': 0, 'service_name': name, 'number': target, 'numbers': [target], 'free_ca': 0, 'service_type': 1, 'stream': url}

Sorry if the code doesn't show correctly.

This is what I have in CustomMix:

Code:
<custommix>
    <sections>
        <section number="700">IPTV</section>
    </sections>

    <streams>
        <stream serviceref="1:0:1:8ec6:e2a2:8fba:0:0:0:0:" url="http%3a//iptv.net%3a8port/live/username/password/847.ts" target="701" name="Bein Sports" />
    </streams>
</custommix>

This adds the service reference I want to add under service:

Code:
#SERVICE 1:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//iptv.net%3a8port/live/username/password/847.ts:Bein Sports
#SERVICE 1:832:d:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:

I guess I need to amend the bottom code to exclude customised["video"][target] = {'service_id': 0, 'transport_stream_id': 0, 'original_network_id': 0, 'namespace': 0, 'service_name': name, 'number': target, 'numbers': [target], 'free_ca': 0, 'service_type': 1, 'stream': url} if service ref is used
 
Last edited:
@dsayers, have you got that service ref in your lamedb? Please post lamedb. And does the epg work properly, i.e. 24 hours worth of data in the epg? If it must exist in lamedb for epg to work that is not possible from CustomMix. CustomMix only works on bouquets, not lamedb.
 
Last edited:
@dsayers, have you got that service ref in your lamedb? Please post lamedb. And does the epg work properly, i.e. 24 hours worth of data in the epg? If it must exist in lamedb for epg to work that is not possible from CustomMix. CustomMix only works on bouquets, not lamedb.

No I dont have the service ref im my lamedb but here it is if it helps

But I do have EPG in my usa/ca sports bouquet via suls e2m3u bouquet plugin.
 

Attachments

Going on what dsayers has mentioned, I think that's a good idea.

@Huevos, any chance you could add support for alternate service refs when adding to empty slots? Would be best if it uses service ref is it is mentioned in custommix xml but if not (ie the current way), it uses default blank service ref you have already coded for.

Thanks again for all your help Huevos :thumbsup:
 
Just noticed my amended code may need changing on line 11 from name to serviceref, I cant test till later but I dont think that will work
 
TBH, I don't understand the purpose of what you are requesting. The point was to replace an ABM channel that was unavailable with a stream. It has never been the job of ABM to add channels that ABM can't tune.
 
TBH, I don't understand the purpose of what you are requesting. The point was to replace an ABM channel that was unavailable with a stream. It has never been the job of ABM to add channels that ABM can't tune.

Ok I was just going by this commit https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/commit/1fd4706c252ea322147b1e82c42b22eea443624e and the updated readme.txt from here https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/commit/ba2ed436bb53e05c57252cee5112d5310c965576 line 283 that explains we can add streams to empty slots, Im sorry if I miss read it but I have successfully added Bein Sports HD to 701 using that guide so I was just wondering if we could force a custom service reference if not then we will need to stick to "1:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:". And EPG wont work
 
Last edited:
TBH I am thinking of reverting that commit as it goes against the philosophy of the plugin. If people want to add a stream to an empty slot they can do so with a hack. Adding code to the plugin for something that most users will never use doesn't make sense to me.
 
Last edited:
Guys ultimately what I was hoping to achieve is having access to something similar to dsayers plugin whereby there was an option to mix freeview in with iptv. The thinking was that I could watch and record alternative channels, whereas right now the moment I record an iptv channel it auto stops when I change the channel. A mix of both would work a treat for me, we watch alot of freeview but also be very useful to have iptv availability inside of the same bouquet so has to use standard channel numbers for all channels. I hope that makes sense
 
Using dsayers plugin before I could mix virgin and sky, so black channels for sky could be replaced with virgin. So all freeview channels 101 to the corresponding channel line up like sky. Again hopefully this makes sense
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top