Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] EPG does not show my favourites list

Boulder

New member
Joined
Jul 11, 2015
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I had to retune all the channels as there were some changes in the channel ordering etc. in the cable network. After this, I downloaded the data to my PC in a normal way using dreamboxEDIT and edited my favourites list to suit the changes. Saved the changes and uploaded them to the Vu+. However, the EPG won't show the channels from the favourites list but seems to show all channels in an alphabetical order. I tried pressing the TV button on the remote but this only has the "All" choice available.

I've also tested deleting all the bouquets and creating an empty one and adding the channels to it manually in the Vu+ GUI via the list from the TV button, but then the channel list in EPG appears as empty.

If I restore the auto backup made during the last update, everything's ok apart from the couple of channels which were changed in the network. EPG displays properly etc.

What have I missed?
 
Are you viewing your channel selections in Favourite/Bouquet mode or satellite/orbital mode? When you access your Grid EPG, you start in the last viewed mode of channel selection?

Press Up (next to OK), look at bottom of screen
If you are viewing in Favourite/bouquet mode, double check your bouquet files. There may be an error.
 
I think I was in Favourite/bouquet (if you mean the dialog where you get by pressing 'TV' once on the remote). With Grid EPG, I also think that's how it's set up. I've always had it show my list of favourites since there's 150 channels of which 10-15 are useful to me.

I got it working now. If I just auto scanned and edited the favourites bouquet, it would show those channels in the EPG with correct information about the programs but if I switched to any of them, only a black screen would show up so the tuner wouldn't be able to find the channel. Previously in this case, I deleted the whole bouquet and tried to redo it, but then it wouldn't show up in the Grid EPG. Funny as it is, the web interface showed the EPG correctly all the time and displayed only the favourites. Instead of doing that, I auto scanned again but this time chose to use the service provider config (DNA Welho), and to my surprise it worked. I have used it some time in the past but it didn't work correctly.

So I don't know - maybe it's something in the channel configs which didn't work correctly when scanning a range because the same operation with specific parameters by provider did work. I've never had this kind of an issue before and I have had to rescan the channels quite many times during the lifetime of the box.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your assistance :)
 
In the grid EPG you can press [<PREV] or [NEXT>] (these keys are usually under [7] and [9]) to work through your bouquets until you come to the bouquet you want.
 
In the grid EPG you can press [<PREV] or [NEXT>] (these keys are usually under [7] and [9]) to work through your bouquets until you come to the bouquet you want.

He has to be in bouquet mode for that to happen. Otherwise it rotates in the mode that he is in. Satellite, Provider etc. Not sure what happens if in "All" mode.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top