Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] EPG files test, phase 2: Button mods

Dunno if this is caused by me running with your mod or not but I noticed slight weirdness in my EPG:
I drew on in it maganta to show what I mean.
EPG markedup.webp

EPG markedup and cropped.webp
 
Last edited:
I had my H7S set to prefer Tuner B for recording and Tuner A for viewing.
Now it seems to prefer Tuner A for everything, which is a shame since one of my feeds is slightly more prone to fading in heavy rain etc so I'd like to use it for recordings and not to use it for viewing.
Not sure if the upgrade to 033 did this, or if it changed when I installed your new phase 2 button mods test.
 
Dunno if this is caused by me running with your mod or not but I noticed slight weirdness in my EPG:
I drew on in it maganta to show what I mean.
It maybe easier flashing back to 033 without any mod to see if this replicated. What programme is that and see that without mod if its same for that same programme
 
I can guarantee I'll need to write far less code than the ATV way :)
My coding skills on python aren't as good haha. I first learned coding with BASIC haha (anyone old enough to remember that haha)?

Does the movielist option bring it up as a popup which takes you back to the EPG if you exit? I can't tell from the ATV code...
The original mod would bring up the movielist that looked same if you had gone straight to it via normal methods.

I think, but don't quote me on it, that it then took you back to EPG on exit. So, yes, a pop-up but full screen.

I personally use it because if you're browsing EPG and there is nothing on (usual haha) then easy to press one of the coloured buttons to see what recording you have.
 
Last edited:
Could I ask If this option could be included please?

Add the ability to call on a coloured button to bring up 4 configurable options (in a similar way to kiddac’s skin mods maybe)

Screenshot attached from one of my boxes setup this way using his mod.

Thanks Dave.
 

Attachments

  • B1D34EAE-6B6E-4343-96FC-765EB19E6F60.webp
    B1D34EAE-6B6E-4343-96FC-765EB19E6F60.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 25
This has always been a bit odd, sticking the end padding icon on the right - that's just where all the recording icons get put. It wouldn't be too difficult to stick it on the left and move the text across a bit.

The EPG doesn't have anything to do with the recording preferred tuner, so I think something must've changed elsewhere to make your installation switch to preferring tuner A. Maybe double check your config hasn't got changed by something. The timer logs might shed some light on its choice of tuner too.
 
My coding skills on python aren't as good haha. I first learned coding with BASIC haha (anyone old enough to remember that haha)?

The original mod would bring up the movielist that looked same if you had gone straight to it via normal methods.

I think, but don't quote me on it, that it then took you back to EPG on exit. So, yes, a pop-up but full screen.
Oh yes, I remember BASIC alright, until I decided it wasn't quick enough and started on 6502 assembler. I barely have the patience for C++ these days, all that manual memory management. <shudder>

So, rather inconsistently, the ATV movielist button opens the list, if you press exit, you're back on the EPG where you left it. If press OK on a recording, it closes the movielist and the EPG. If you press Play on a recording to preview it, it starts it in the background but doesn't close anything, so you end up pressing Exit twice to get to full screen playback.
 
Could I ask If this option could be included please?

Add the ability to call on a coloured button to bring up 4 configurable options (in a similar way to kiddac’s skin mods maybe)

I rather like the Sky style popup menu, it's quite user friendly because you continue to see the context of the menu - the selection is in full view. However, there's already a mechanism for context type menus; it's just not consistently applied across all screens. If you press Menu on the channel list or the movie list, you get a menu of things you can do with the current selection, plus a Configuration/Settings options for setup things, which in normal usage you don't really mess about with. The EPG menus aren't arranged like this, they just take you straight into settings. Perhaps this is where these extras should be. On the other hand, the full screen menus don't give you any idea of what you've got selected.
 
The EPG doesn't have anything to do with the recording preferred tuner, so I think something must've changed elsewhere to make your installation switch to preferring tuner A. Maybe double check your config hasn't got changed by something. The timer logs might shed some light on its choice of tuner too.

Yes I think I probably made a mistake, it seems to be correctly preferring Tuner B for recordings now.
Sorry folks.
 
With regards to the multiple options, that is also presented with button setup when more than one function is assigned.
 
I don't seem to be able to create an autotimer that doesn't record repeats with the same short description as a previous recording of the same show. It only records the show once and never again AFAICS.
I'm pretty certain it worked before.
Could that be due to me using the EPG files test, phase 2 Button mods.
I will try reverting to normal 5.3.033.
 
I don't seem to be able to create an autotimer that doesn't record repeats with the same short description as a previous recording of the same show. It only records the show once and never again AFAICS.
I'm pretty certain it worked before.
Could that be due to me using the EPG files test, phase 2 Button mods.
I will try reverting to normal 5.3.033.

Nope. Dunno why I can't seem to do it now :(
 
With regards to the multiple options, that is also presented with button setup when more than one function is assigned.

Interesting, we could do that but it would be a more complicated button setup process.
 
I don't seem to be able to create an autotimer that doesn't record repeats with the same short description as a previous recording of the same show. It only records the show once and never again AFAICS.
I'm pretty certain it worked before.
Could that be due to me using the EPG files test, phase 2 Button mods.
I will try reverting to normal 5.3.033.

I think it's working but not for a particular show (on a particular channel).
Are the short and long descriptions not the same as the text I see when looking through the EPG?
How can they always be the same for one particular show when I see different descriptions in the EPG?
 
No issues in 5.3.034, apart from the crash when exiting the bouquet list, mentioned before in 5.3.033.
 
No issues in 5.3.034, apart from the crash when exiting the bouquet list, mentioned before in 5.3.033.
With help of debug statements, this is the line that causes crash.
 
I upgraded to 034 and ran it for a couple of days but something weird was going on with the EPG. A weeks worth of events were in the EPG but all entries for than 2 or 3 days ahead showed as blank (no title, no description or a few caracters of rubbish description - almost nothing except the start and end times).

I didn't reinstall the "EPG files test, phase 2: Button mods" so I guess I was running 034 without these?

I've restored my image of 033 with the new mod tests, restored my latest settings and now and the EPG is okay!
This is weird!
Am I going mad and seeing things?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top