Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] EPG files test, phase 2: Button mods

Just noticed that the blue button is no longer labelled in simple_1080.....

Comes back ok after you've changed short blue to something else.

It is only blank for me if you set it to "do nothing".
 
It is only blank for me if you set it to "do nothing".

Well it does for me, I've reflashed and restored settings (again), added the epg mods, and the blue button is blank.

Only when I change the blue button value does "config.epgselection.grid.btn_blue=" appear in the settings file.

Maybe your settings file already had "config.epgselection.grid.btn_blue="?
 
Last edited:
I can confirm the bug. To recreate it, "init 4", edit the settings file and delete the line that has "config.epgselection.grid.btn_blue=", save transfer back and restart with "init 3".

Although there is no text, blue button does perform the default "Add Auto Timer" function. Default funtions are not usually added to settings file, the other button values are not registered and still show.
 
Ok, updated to latest EPG test files and my blue button was okay (I also already had relevant value in settings file).

However, based on what @ccs noticed, I did a test and removed all coloured button values from my settings file and can also confirm that if user hasn't already custom picked their coloured buttons then the Blue button (and just the Blue button) does indeed show as blank.

Therefore, by default this is going to show as blank to user albeit the default action of AutoTimer does still occur therefore it's just the label name that isn't defaulting!

UPDATE:
Also missing on InfoBar and potentially other screens.

Sorry @Abu, looks like we posted at relatively same time with same findings lol
 
Last edited:
The blue button problem is probably an incorrect default in EpgConfig.py. I'll have a look...
 
.... yes, works ok for me, cheers.:thumbsup:
 
Please do not update to 036 if testing these files. There is a clash with one of the other changes. Compatible files will be provided in due course.

EDIT: attachment removed for now.
 
Last edited:
I notice there is no skin_default.xml in epg-mod-buttons_2020.07.13

Is that file no longer needed, or should we use the one from epg-mod-buttons_2020.07.08?
 
I notice there is no skin_default.xml in epg-mod-buttons_2020.07.13

Is that file no longer needed, or should we use the one from epg-mod-buttons_2020.07.08?

It is no longer needed, the element is included in the emergency skin now and will be used if the active/current skin does not have anything unique to its style/layout.
 
We are moving onto 5.4 images. These changes won't be in the first image but will be added soon afterwards.
 
Any updates on this? Possibly option for epg tabs/guide bouquet list?
 
The changes are already in the image.

With regards to "tabbed boiuquets":
The switching bouquets with left right has always been there. You just can't see the bouquets that you will be jumping to. I don't see the benefit in it especially now that people can zap by numbers anyway.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top