Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[MB Premium Twin+ Plus] EPG Help please

  • Thread starter Thread starter GarretJax
  • Start date Start date
The tuner configuration (hardware) is fine. Hopefully your software confguration is fine too.

You are jumping around between approaches. You are missing guidance/instructions given to you and not answering questions. People are willing to help, but you have to co-operate. I shall repeat some of the intructions/unanswered questions. Please respond to all of them even if you think they are pointless.

1. What is you local mast/transmitter?
You can obtain the details here:
Code:
http://www.ukfree.tv/extras/settings

EDIT: (emley moor)

2. Perform a non-ABM scan. Attach the lamedb file to the post. You will have to zip the file before attaching it. lamedb file will be found in /etc/enigma2/

3. Enable debug logs. Restart receiver to activate this.
See here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-ABM-support-questions

4. Run ABM.

5. Attach the debug log that is generated after the run of ABM to this thread. Default location is /home/root/logs/

6. Set tuners B&C as "nothing connected", rerun ABM. Does it succeed?

7. Attach debug log after second run of ABM in point 6.
 
Abu you take too much for granted I'm afraid.

This is a new box freshly set up. It is not connected to a PC or network and in all honesty it should not be necessary for me to do so to get a basic organised EPG up and running. So I can't currently send you the files you ask for.

As per my previous post my local transmitter is Emley Moor

I have enabled debug mode and re-run the scan.

The significant parts of the log appear to be these:

[Manager]Loading Settings...
[BouquetsReader] Reading lamedb
[BouquetsReader] Read 10 transponders and 209 services
[Manager] Settings Loaded
[AutoBouquetsMaker] searching for tuner for Freeview (UK)
[AutoBouquetsMaker] Search NIM
[AutoBouquetsMaker] Nim found on slot id 2
[AutoBouquetsMaker] Fixed dish. Will wait up to 10 seconds
[AutoBouquetsMaker] TUNING
lots of the above then
[AutoBouquetsMaker] FAILED
lots of the above
[AutoBouquetsMaker] Timeout for tuner lock


The line that mentions "Fixed dish" seems to suggest it thinks this is Satellite and not Freeview, or is that a standard message?
 
My Settings for ABM are as follows:

Schedule Scan - no
Keep all non-ABM bouquets - yes
Add provider . . - no
Place bouquets at - top
Skip services on not configured sets - yes
Include "not indexed' channels - no
Extra debug - no
Show in extensions - no
 
ABM Providers shows

Freeview(UK) - yes
- Freeview area - Sheffield
- FTA only - no
- main bouquet - yes
- sections bouquets - yes
- HD bouquet - yes
- FTA bouquet - no
- FTAHD bouquet - no

Saorview - no
 
Just seen the "logs manager" section of the settings and in there I see an enigma2_crash log dated yesterday. Don't know if that is relevant to the problem. I have Factory Reset since then.
 
The line that mentions "Fixed dish" seems to suggest it thinks this is Satellite and not Freeview, or is that a standard message?
Standard message if not motorised dish.

Your issue is not EPG. EPG will populate automtically for Freeview as soon as you tune to a channel.

You will have to manually create your bouquets using the remote control. When you are able to upload the files, issue with ABM can be looked at.

Note: Result of test 6 still pending.
 
ABM Providers shows

Freeview(UK) - yes
- Freeview area - Sheffield
- FTA only - no
- main bouquet - yes
- sections bouquets - yes
- HD bouquet - yes
- FTA bouquet - no
- FTAHD bouquet - no

Saorview - no

Your transmitter is Emley Moor. You are using Sheffield.
 
You see nothing wrong with telling the receiver to use details for Sheffiled when you should be using Emley Moor?
 
You see nothing wrong with telling the receiver to use details for Sheffiled when you should be using Emley Moor?

My bad. I assumed Sheffield WAS Emley Moor as that's the transmitter covering Sheffield. Updating setting hold tight . . .
 
ok success :cool:

When I originally flipped through the list, which is labelled Freeview Area not Freeview Transmitter I saw Sheffield first and figured that was correct.

I suggest that needs to be labelled as "Transmitter" to be clear.

The description when you are on that box states:

"This option allows you to choose what region of the country you live in, so it populates the correct channels for your region"

ABM has now successfully run thank you.
 
Yes I told you that twice already !

The point being raised is that Sheffield and Emley Moor are two different transmitters.

You state that your local transmitter is Emely Moor but you have configured AutoBoquetMaker for something different

While both may cover Sheffield the Sheffield transmitter has limited coverage in many areas outside of the city centre and the Emley Moor transmitter may be the one for your exact location.

While the transmitter coverage maps from Freeview should be read with some degree of scepticism the coverage can bee seen from the two following links
Code:
https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Emley_Moor_(U)
https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Tapton_Hill
 
Reconnect your cables, reset your tuners.

Change the following options to following and rerun ABM.
Code:
- sections bouquets - no
- HD bouquet - no

This will result in you having only one bouquet.
 
The point being raised is that Sheffield and Emley Moor are two different transmitters.

Well aware of that adm, but as explained in the previous post, the VIX menu option was asking for my "Freeview Area" not my "Freeview Transmitter" and that was underpinned by the description displayed beneath that box which states:

"This option allows you to choose what region of the country you live in, so it populates the correct channels for your region"

Thus it is NOT asking for your transmitter.

That's a cosmetic mistake/typo/bug that really needs correcting.
 
Ok final summing up.

I have been able to run ABM and use it as a stepping stone to get what I want as it does the donkey work of sorting channels into logical groups. I have then created my own groups(bouquets) and simply moved channels from the ABM bouquets into my own groups and then sequenced them how I want them. I have then deleted the ABM groups themselves.
I noted that the ABM scan did not create any bouquets with radio stations in so I simply used the "Last Scanned" bouquet and copied the radio channels from there into my own Radio bouquet.

Everything is now as I want it. My EPG has 15 lines (having removed the preview window) which is great and I understand now how the EPG bases itself on the last bouquet that you've used. My issues and problems and suggestions can be summarised as follows:

1. Any twin or more tuner box should ship with loop-thru connecting cables (WOS you can do better!)
2. Any box sold in the UK should (imo) have a proper 3-pin plug attached
3. Vix team need to rename the "Freeview Area" prompt in Providers section to "Freeview Transmitter" and change the description text accordingly
4. Vix team need to provide a setting to govern the amount of TV stream that is maintained by the Timeshift feature instead of it tracking indefinitely.

Other than that all is pretty cool. Picture is excellent.

Thanks for everyone's help
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top