Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Error after kodi exit

  • Thread starter Thread starter weirskynet
  • Start date Start date
Did you do a fresh usb flash with, ideally, no restore of settings or plugins?

I'm having no issues on my solo2 using 4.1 004.

Is picon downloader/manager a plugin you manually installed or is available from feeds?
 
Did you do a fresh usb flash with, ideally, no restore of settings or plugins?

I'm having no issues on my solo2 using 4.1 004.

Is picon downloader/manager a plugin you manually installed or is available from feeds?

yes fresh flash with no settings and plugins restored

icon downloader/manager is available from feeds also
 
Ok thanks.

See post #2 in this thread on how to attach crash logs.

Did the random crash start straight after flashing this version and installing your plugins or was it a while after?

Are you doing anything just before it crashes (trying to establish if there is a pattern)?
 
You need to click on the advance tab when you post to be able to upload your logs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
There are no logs in the logs inbox. Save logs to PC, then attach them to your post. I am going to merge your threads again. Please do not start another.

Best thing to do is to install image again. Do not restore anything. Do not install anything including anything at all, not cams, not skins, nothing at all! Run your receiver as FTA only. See how you go for 48 hours.
 
There are no logs in the logs inbox. Save logs to PC, then attach them to your post. I am going to merge your threads again. Please do not start another.

Best thing to do is to install image again. Do not restore anything. Do not install anything including anything at all, not cams, not skins, nothing at all! Run your receiver as FTA only. See how you go for 48 hours.
I agree with Abu. Then after this, install one plugin at a time and run for further 24hours or so.

How long you run test for depends on how often you had random crashes. If it was potentially every hours or so then run test only for 6 hours. If it only crashed once daily then run tests for 2 days. Basically, test twice as long as it would take before the crashes would happen!

I do think you would be safe with mgcamd 1.38 though but stay away from other plugins as mentioned.

This is only to narrow down what could be causing it because I have no problems on my solo2 using this image.
 
I agree with Abu. Then after this, install one plugin at a time and run for further 24hours or so.

How long you run test for depends on how often you had random crashes. If it was potentially every hours or so then run test only for 6 hours. If it only crashed once daily then run tests for 2 days. Basically, test twice as long as it would take before the crashes would happen!

I do think you would be safe with mgcamd 1.38 though but stay away from other plugins as mentioned.

This is only to narrow down what could be causing it because I have no problems on my solo2 using this image.


and update being i have installed the VIX update from the feeds git something and version 4.1, was shown in the feeds earlier

no crashes as of yet but oscam doesn't seem to auto start when the box is in standby i need to go into menu and restart my cam

also i cant get any ftp access to the box ?

also how can i use mgcamd 1.38 I'm not sure how too use that i used to use cccam before version 2.3.0 but I'm using oscam now i noticed their is multiple choices for oscam in the feeds which one is best ?
 
Last edited:
and update being i have installed the VIX update from the feeds git something and version 4.1, was shown in the feeds earlier

no crashes as of yet but oscam doesn't seem to auto start when the box is in standby i need to go into menu and restart my cam

also i cant get any ftp access to the box ?

also how can i use mgcamd 1.38 I'm not sure how too use that i used to use cccam before version 2.3.0 but I'm using oscam now i noticed their is multiple choices for oscam in the feeds which one is best ?

Why don't you try doing what you're asked to do if you require support?
Are you sure the box isn't a clone?
 
Why don't you try doing what you're asked to do if you require support?
Are you sure the box isn't a clone?

Yes positive genuine from world of satellite.co.uk site

Never any issues as I said the issues crashing have since stopped after I installed the vix 4.1 update from the feeds

Only thing I can get it to do now is connect to ftp I get an error which I posted above
,

Also Oscam needs to be restarted when box is in standby as it doesn't come back itself ?

Is their a way to get ftp back and have Oscam no stop and need restarting ?
 
The first thing to do is to find out what is causing the problem. That is going to be impossible if you keep changing what you are doing and not being explicit with your descriptions of what has been done.

Advice on what to do has been given to you. It was given in order to help you. You are free to disregard it as you see fit.

Whatever approach you to decide to use, explain your steps fully and be systematic in your quest. Change one thing at a time only. Keep the variables to a minimum.

Good luck.
 
Ok i will go thru what i have done and attach the original crash log

i firstly installed vix 4.1 004 from usb and restored my plugins and settings

plugins were, bello skin, cccam 2.3.0, picon downloader,
after maybe about 10, 15 mins i would get a crash and would hit a reboot loop, so i attempted to
reinstall the software without the restore of plugins and such and setup fresh, this worked until again i attempted to install my plugins that i use then it crashed again

View attachment Crashlog .txt

the above crash log was when i done it.

after that i thought maybe it was cccam, so i reinstalled it again and setup fresh without cccam and use oscam, switching config etc, this seemed to work until i receive an soft cam check error flash up on screen randomly as if it is checking the cam still runs and fails

i reinstalled a third time no restore and installed oscam latest r18 from feeds then bello skin , but this time i noted that in the feeds menu their was a vix section and a vix 4.1 gst plugin to be installed

i have installed this and low and behold my crashes have stopped over 24 hours no crashes or issues

the only issue I'm having is that i cant get access to ftp on the box any longer, all i get is this error when i try to connect from filezilla
Status: Connecting to 192.168.1.71:21...
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 500 OOPS: vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/share/empty
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

in response to saying i can choose to disregard the help!, i haven't and the commands earlier i tried to post my crash logs but when u cant access the log via ftp and setting it to usb did work but then the device shows blank under mac os doesn't help, hence why i tried to post the screenshot errors at times. but i setup the logs to be emailed to me and the open vix server and when i posted earlier had the codes of the crash logs that were uploaded ?

the command and link to post to try the telnet command to epgrefresh i attempted and it never worked stated cant be found on server ?

the only reason I'm looking to get ftp access now is to try restore cccam as i stated oscam doesn't auto start i have to keep going to the plugin menu( blue button soft cam manger) to restart it when i resume the box from standby as it doesn't come back on, once it resumes everything seems to work fine no issues or crashes

i just cant get the oscam now to auto start, when on standby, also i have set the cam to autostart also in manager it still doesn't happen don't know if i need to change a setting as never really used oscam before. this is all i have done i haven't removed any additional system files or try to add anything so no sure why i can get access to ftp

here is the other crash log, only way i got the crashlogs as i set the settings to email my email address when it crashes so thankfully it done that!

View attachment crashlog2.txt

hopes this helps, and as always i really appreciate the help that Everyone has given me, I'm a more hands on person so like to tinker if something doesn't work hence why have been trying a lot to get it working so apology if it seems off
 
What do you want to do? Only one answer please.

1. Stop crash and find out cause
2. Deal with softcam?
 
What do you want to do? Only one answer please.

1. Stop crash and find out cause
2. Deal with softcam?

i already established that it wasn't crashing any longer.! (after installing the Vix 4.1 GST plugin update from feeds) don't know if it was missing files from the image but installing this seems to of fixed it, but cant get ftp access now

so i will have my issue as deal with soft cam, ftp!
 
If you install latest image, there cannot be any updates. Sorry, you are doing something wrong.

Download latest image and install the latest image. Do not restore anything. Latest image is 4.1 v 004

Otherwise, you are going to keep going round and round in circles.
 
Last edited:
If you install latest image, there cannot be any updates. Sorry, you are doing something wrong.

Download latest image and install the latest image. Do not restore anything. Latest image is 4.1 v 004

Otherwise, you are going to keep going round and round in circles.


clearly you haven't read the crash logs which clearly state I'm on the latest version but again i will post images as Proof!!!

IMG_0084.webpIMG_0083.webp

this was the plugin/update that was shown in the feeds section never noticed it in any version before this so thought it may be needed but it seems to of solved crash issues, only issues is that
my soft cam won't auto start when stand resume and i cant get ftp access to the box
 
Being on the latest image does not mean you flashed the latest image. Nor does it mean you did not restore something that could be causing a clash.

Good luck!
 
Being on the latest image does not mean you flashed the latest image. Nor does it mean you did not restore something that could be causing a clash.

Good luck!


well how the hell can i install the latest image or flash the latest image when i \

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FROM OPENVIX.CO.UK

http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Vu+Solo2/openvix-4.1.004.release-vusolo2_usb.zip

and flash it via usb!!!

IF this isn't installing the latest image or flashing the latest image then you have lost me and probably everyone else following this thread! i don't know how to install or flash the latest image then as clearly by your words the image on openvix that i linked directly to above is an outdated image

i posted the 2 images as proof that i am on the latest and i have already stated that i have flashed it fresh from the site also, and i have tested different software from blackhole, but them being on same oe setup and this one now I'm guessing it was plugins that could of been causing the crashes


so please explain to me how i can install and flash the latest image , and restore without plugins is by the sounds of it you feel that i haven't already tried this and don't know how to select the option when setting up the box to NOT RESTORE SETTINGS AND PLUGINS !

:mad:
 
also I'm not an idiot I have had my box for years and have setup mines, friends and families boxes all VU kit bought from world of satellite site and haven't had any issues, but when i post for assistance on here, and i understand that sometimes i may not have explained myself properly or included crash logs, but as i stated i cant get access to them and have already emailed them to myself. If they sent to me then they would have sent to your crash log server also as i received them in my iCloud email.

But i don't appreciate the comments doubting what i have done beforehand like I'm a noob with little or no experience in using the box and bought it fresh ( clone comment)
, my box isn't a clone and by all means i can post the original receipt from years back when it cost me £310.

i was asking for assistance in my issues so that anyone else who may also have these issues on this software then know how to resolve it.

The crashes had seemed to stop, as i stated the image posted from the plugins menu with the vix core 4.1 gst update. Installing that along with the plugins seem to have stopped the crashes, so i update that as one that has been resolved for the time being, I'm maybe guessing that the plugins using different versions hence the crashes ??

so i update my post to state this, i don't sit and wait for a reply as i have knowledge of what I'm doing, from time to time, as i stated previously, i like to tinker with things and have been reading up on issues with soft cam on other forums also, hence why i moved to oscam with the assistance from another forum.

But the undermining of me by stating that I'm not doing something correctly offends me, I'm sorry if i sound snarky but you cant just expect every user of this forum who have issues to sit and wait for it to be resolved by others. If it happens again then they won't know what to do hence why i like to try different setups and different things myself to try getting it working, hell at one point i replaced the hard disk incase it was stalling and crashing!

But i don't like the comment insinuating that I'm lying about what i have already done!

once again I'm sorry if i have posted multiple updates and changes but as u need to be aware I'm not a novice user so can attempt things i already know for work arounds then if any issues still remain or if I'm stumped i ask for assistance and post what i can.

I still cant get access to the crash logs via usb or ftp as i cant get into ftp.

the only way i got it was, as i stated, by putting in my email address and getting it emailed it to me, but stated that the crash logs were also sent to yourself and cant be resent! so you should have them, think they might be under my username weirskynet!

Also i don't want you to stop taking part in the thread, I'm just annoyed that I'm being doubted that i have flashed fresh etc. I know i stated that at one point it could of been the skin as i stated that at the time i wasn't sure and the skin was the only thing installed apart from cccam.

but have since founds its prob cccam using older files that isn't compatible, again that is my assumption and not gospel.


@BBBUK

I can only apologise for the multiple threads, and i can see that the tinkering can have it's issues in life mostly does, but my tinkering has seemed to of stopped the issues with the crashes the vix plugin 4.1 gst from feeds seems to of resolved any issues with the crashes, and as i type this seems to of sorted the issues with the OSCAM not auto starting.

therefor my only remaining issue as i type this reply is the lack of FTP access to the box with this message below. and that i have OSCAM installed but when i goto remove plugins it doesn't show?

Status: Connecting to 192.168.1.71:21...
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 500 OOPS: vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/share/empty
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server


I'm sorry for the lack of info provided at the start, and I appreciate the help I was given at the start, other methods and things to try also.

Sorry to Abu, and others if i have seemed like an ass!
what is the latest OSCAM to use as i notice different version available in the feeds menu
 
Last edited:
There is no proof that someone has flashed the latest image and not restored anything. You are "guessing plugins was a problem", however, it was recommended to you not install anything and you still did. You even went so far as claiming that the skin was incompatible with the latest image.

My involvement in the forum is to help others and not cause upset. I shall no longer participate in this thread to avoid further upset.
 
@weirskynet,

I'm sure you appreciate it works both ways. You had an issue with random crashes and clearly it's not common issue as I (and others) would also have it. You asked for assistance and it was offered by way of slowly trying to track down the culprit (being that a plugin or not).

You never gave that much info to start with, that I read/noticed anyhow. This left me (anyhow) to assume certain things like you had little experience/knowledge hence.

This was why it was suggested to try one plugin at a time (and test in between) from a fresh flash.

Before threads were merged there was little information for me to go from and I didn't know you also liked to tinker (I do too). You obviously realise this presents a problem as well.

Anyhow, see how it goes now then.

BTW, I have never had issue with mgcamd 138 or oscam-latest from feeds.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top