Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Fbc tuner and multi-satellite dish

Golazoo

New member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Goodnight everyone,
If someone could help me please:

I want to receive the satellites "Eutelsat 10A Eutelsat 16 Eutelsat 7B Astra 19 Hotbird Astra 23E" on a multi-satellite dish.

What material is needed to connect all these satellites to (3 dvb-s2 tuner) + (Vu+ Uno 4K FBC Tuner)?

For the Vu+ I need to use the Fbc tuner to have the quad pip or multichannel channels streaming on PC.


I read that I need unicable lnb, I need a unicable switch too?
On a normal installation I would have needed for each satellite, lnb with 4 outputs: 3 cables for the 3 dvb-s2 and 1 cable for Vu+, except that I would not have been able to benefit from FBC.
 
On a normal installation I would have needed for each satellite, lnb with 4 outputs: 3 cables for the 3 dvb-s2 and 1 cable for Vu+, except that I would not have been able to benefit from FBC.
This statement does not make sense to me. Please re-explain what you mean.


For the 8 tuners on an FBC unit to be independent and on different satellites, you can:
Use a unicable switch with multiple positions.
Use programmable unicable LNB/switches and combiners.

If you use diseqc switch, the diseqc switch will only allow one route at a time. So you lose independence.
 
First of all thank you for your reply. In fact I want to connect the 6 satellites to 3 tuners of a dvb-s card and 1 fbc tuner of a vu + 4k for. I want to take advantage of the 4 virtual tuners of the vu +.
I am lost in the material I have to choose, the lnb, switch and diseqc.

This statement does not make sense to me. Please re-explain what you mean.


For the 8 tuners on an FBC unit to be independent and on different satellites, you can:
Use a unicable switch with multiple positions.
Use programmable unicable LNB/switches and combiners.

If you use diseqc switch, the diseqc switch will only allow one route at a time. So you lose independence.
 
What do you mean by "3 tuners of a dvb-s card" ?

The FBC tuner card/module/unit is 8 tuners. Two of them have physical connections for signal wire, six do not. Will you be using both the signal connections or just one?
The Uno 4K can only accept one FBC tuner card/module/unit.

I think it will be better to draw a picture of the wiring you want to achieve.
 
screen323.webp

For the dvb card I just need to connect all the satellite to 3 tuner (so 6 satellite per tuner).
For the Vu + I want to connect the 6 sattellites and use only 1 LNB input. For the Vu+ What I want is to have the quad pip and the multistream on PC.

Since with the fbc I can have a total of 4 tuners with 1 LNB input. Is it possible to have 6 satellite / 4 tuners with the unicable?

What do you mean by "3 tuners of a dvb-s card" ?

The FBC tuner card/module/unit is 8 tuners. Two of them have physical connections for signal wire, six do not. Will you be using both the signal connections or just one?
The Uno 4K can only accept one FBC tuner card/module/unit.

I think it will be better to draw a picture of the wiring you want to achieve.
 
Last edited:
For the Vu + I want to connect the 6 sattellites and use only 1 LNB input.
Do you mean use one tuner connection on the tuner card of the Vu+?

Since with the fbc I can have a total of 4 tuners with 1 LNB input.
This is an incorrect assumption. I have already mentioned that an FBC tuner/card/unit isa total of 8 tuners. 2 have physical connections to attach to signal wires, 6 do not. They are all internally connected.
However, the reception equipment you have will dictate what you can receive/configure

Is it possible to have 6 satellite / 4 tuners with the unicable?

This question does not make sense. Unicable is to do with switches/lnbs. Tuners are to do with what is on the receiver. You have to connect one to the other in a combination that works.

From what I can understand of what you want to do, what I said earlier still applies. Use programmable unicable switch/lnb and hook up these to your Vu+. I think you are only allowed 4 positions so you will have to use both physical connection on the Vu+ tuners.
As example

Unicable LNB 1 in position 1 -combiner -tuner A on vu
Unicable LNB 2 in position 2 -combiner -tuner A on vu
Unicable LNB 3 in position 3 -combiner -tuner A on vu
Unicable LNB 4 in position 4 -combiner -tuner A on vu

Unicable LNB 5 in position 1 -combiner -tuner B on vu
Unicable LNB 6 in position 2 -combiner -tuner B on vu

As you can split unicable, you can use a splitter and hook up to the TBS tuner according to your needs. Hopefully the software supports this.
 
Exactly I was thinking I can only use one tuner.

Do you mean use one tuner connection on the tuner card of the Vu+?

I need both programmable unicable switch and unicable lnb ?

From what I can understand of what you want to do, what I said earlier still applies. Use programmable unicable switch/lnb and hook up these to your Vu+. I think you are only allowed 4 positions so you will have to use both physical connection on the Vu+ tuners.


"Combiner", what is it exactly? the example is perfect, do you have links or a reference for all the product to buy please ?

As example

Unicable LNB 1 in position 1 -combiner -tuner A on vu
Unicable LNB 2 in position 2 -combiner -tuner A on vu
Unicable LNB 3 in position 3 -combiner -tuner A on vu
Unicable LNB 4 in position 4 -combiner -tuner A on vu

Unicable LNB 5 in position 1 -combiner -tuner B on vu
Unicable LNB 6 in position 2 -combiner -tuner B on vu

As you can split unicable, you can use a splitter and hook up to the TBS tuner according to your needs. Hopefully the software supports this.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro
 
You don't need both unicable LNB and unicable switch. It is one or the other.

I am not too sure of the combiner. Sorry. They should be just like power pass splitters. Please have a look at the inverto, jultec and triax websites.

The programmers are expensive.

I think it would be a good idea to post the schematic on your thread on PLI. Erik Slagter, the person who coded this into Enigma2 is on that forum.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top