I don't mind. Terrestrial Scan doesn't seem to have an option for selecting which transmitter (such as Caldbeck) to use. Is there something I'm missing? Or do I just set it to Caldbeck, Cumbria in the Tuner Config? I did that then did a Terrestrial scan of Europe UHF/VHF on my freeview tuner.
I then pressed the Green button for Satellites and went to Terrestrial Services and all the chanels have the aerial icon. BBC Four HD and BBC Two HD aren't listed for example. I only see two HbbTV BBC TWO HD channels listed which don't have a picture. Same issue that happened before.
My aerial is polorised horizontally and is pointing SE at Caldbeck.
I was told before "Terrestrial Scan plugin creates a Terrestrial bouquet. If you are now using ABM to create bouquets for Terrestrial services, delete the Terrestrial bouquet". How do I delete it? I thought ABM only makes bouquets for the bouquets in the Favourites section? It doesn't effect what channels appear via the green button Satellites menu does it?
No - the favourites bouquet is just what you put in it. The box doen't know your favoutite channels.
I use ABM to set up for both Freeview from my local transmitter and for Sky FTA
This is not the only way...... but this is what I do to get a Freeview Bouquet and a separate SKY FTA bouquet. I’m assuming that you also have satellite tuners – if not don’t do not select Sky in AutobouquetsMaker → providers
First my terrestrial tuner setup (you may have a different tuner type but the setting should be the same/similar). I have two terrestrial tuners and both are set up the same. I also have two satellite tuners.
Next my settings for ABM
Menu → setup → tuners and scanning → AutobouquetsMaker → providers
My local transmitter for Freeview is Bluebell Hill – you need to set Caldbeck.
My preference is to lump all TV channels into a single list hence I don’t create sections or HD bouquets – your preference are probably different but use my settings to start with.
Press green to save
Then
Menu → setup → tuners and scanning → AutobouquetsMaker → Start scanning
This should result in on screen messages “Reading SKY UK” with number of services and radio channels increasing followed immediately afterwards by “Reading Freeview UK, again with services and radio channels increasing.
Now quit the menus.
Press the TV button on the remote and you should get a list of Bouquets including:
Sky UK (Sky UK all channels)
Freeview UK (All Channels)
Favourites – this will only contain what you manually put in it
Last scanned
Select the appropriate Freeview Bouquet and see if all the channels you want are in there, and working.
If you want to edit the Bouquets, or to create your own find the IP number of your box
menu → information → network → IP = 192.168.xxx.yyy
Type this number into the address bar of your Internet browser on your PC
What should appear is the Web Interface (Webif)
One of the options in the Web Interface is a Bouquet Editor
In the Bouquet Editor you can highlight your Terrestrial Bouquet and delete it. You can create a bouquet name of your own and drag drop TV channels into it, you can sort the list of TV channels by highlighting the entry and dragging it to a new position in the list etc. etc.
If sticking with the ABM way of getting the Freeview bouquets than you can experiment with the other configurable options in ABM to tailor the end result to what you want.