Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Gigablue Quad

Daily updates or not, their in house team still have to at least partially test them before release..
 
Daily updates or not, their in house team still have to at least partially test them before release..

Well they are are doing a great job :)
I'm well happy with the lastest fixes they have done :thumbsup:

All we need now a worthy image to go with this great receiver (wink wink ;) )
 
You have to ftp the new dvb.ko file into your box..

Yes but I don't have it. OPEN AAF also had some updates today but the DVB.KO is the same.

The only reason why I do not use Open MIPS is because it is on Open 1.6 and I need 2.0 for the Rytec DVB plugin t work.

BTW: Do you reccomend any movie player that would be better than the build one? I mean my srt subtitles do not have our letters because it is wrong codepage etc. A little more settings than 2 would be great ;-)
 
Last edited:
No, 1.6 as far as I know, that is why I couldn't install Rytec on it :-(
 
Does crossepg work on 1.6? If so, could use that to load the rytec xepgdb file. Much faster than rytec itself imo...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2
 
Yes it works I think, but I didn't like it because it doesn't work in background really.
 
I just found out how STUPID I was to buy 2 + 2 tuners. We have only one DVB-T transponder and I was able to make 3 recording at the same time on different channels, no need for second tuner alltogether it seems. Bah.
 
I just found out how STUPID I was to buy 2 + 2 tuners. We have only one DVB-T transponder and I was able to make 3 recording at the same time on different channels, no need for second tuner alltogether it seems. Bah.
But with GB Quad You might be able to discover a lot of multimedia things.I think with that CPU 1.3 Ghz we will be able to run xmbc on GB Quad.I just waiting did when new kernel will be on board and I think I will by this receiver.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh if only there would be XBMC for this box ;-) The only thing now is stuttering of the movie from NAS, they just do not move smoothly and I have no control about subtitles (out letters do not work ok). I don't know if 1.4 Ghz is enough power to run all the movie formats...
 
Daily updates or not, their in house team still have to at least partially test them before release..

Sure. With such a competitive market will be warned tune better models before putting them on the market. Even if it means a time lag in the release of new models. It would have the advantage of potential clients (as I) do not walk with hesitations. :confused:
 
Mr Mister:

Glad to hear that.
Only a small detail: what really means "Vix" (I'm a newbie on it...)
 
its the human interface, a bit like windows on a computer, in the sat world, these are called "images" in this case VIX
 
Mr Mister:

Glad to hear that.
Only a small detail: what really means "Vix" (I'm a newbie on it...)

as basilyoung said ViX is a GUI or graphical user interface for the operating system on the receiver. The name ViX means Virtuoso Image Extreme, it used to be Vu+ Image Extreme s we original started out just supporting Vu+ hardware.
 
as far as i am aware, those issues should have been resolved with the newly released drivers.
 
Oh if only there would be XBMC for this box ;-)

doubtful as not even the duo2 will have xbmc, a new receiver is being specifically built for xmbc called prismcube, likely another year away at the least.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top