Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Help needed Solo 4K will not boot

dpullen87

Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2014
Messages
356
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Age
39
Hi,

I need some help my box will no longer boot and I think my hard drive has failed.

Yesterday I was trying to tidy up my channel lists and remove old unwanted bouquets. I used the below through putty and rebooted the box and now it wont boot.

Code:
init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -f /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.radio  && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.del &&  init 3

I could still access the box through FTP and SSH and was able to pull off the last image backup I'd taken and I tried to flash from USB. I've tried 2 USB sticks and neither worked and I think turning it on and off constantly has killed the harddrive.

With hard drive in the screen sits on a blue VU+ logo and does not move, if I remove the hard drive it gets to the OpenVix background but keeps looping.

I've attached a crash log from the box can anyone help or tell me what they need to help.

I can still access FTP and Putty.

View attachment Enigma2_crash_2023-02-27_12-42-35.log

Thanks,
 
I'm back in, took a punt and removed everything from /etc/enigma2 and copied it back in from my extracted image file and boom.

Just need to source a new hard drive now :-(
 
I put the hard drive back in whilst the box was up and it came online no issues.

This got me thinking when I was trying to get it back up and running yesterday I'd selected another image to boot from on the Open Multi boot screen.

I went into the plugin and made sure OpenVix was selected for next boot and restarted the box and everything came back up as expected.

All resolved.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top