Apologies if this question is posted in the wrong place - this seemed the least inappropriate.
I'm looking to run some Python scripts on my PVR's (one Vu, one GigaBlue, one Miraclebox). These are scripts that I am developing on a Windows PC. The scripts require and hence import a number of standard Python modules (eg. "yaml") and when I run the scripts on the PVR they immediately fail when trying to import the yaml module.
On my Windows box I use a utility called pip to install standard Python modules but I can't find pip on the OpenVix PVR. I've tried "opkg install yaml" but it couldn't find anything to match. From a ChatGPT suggestion I also tried downloading "get-pip.py" and running that but it failed with "No module named 'py_compile'".
Can anyone please help by pointing me to how I should install standard Python modules on an OpenVix PVR?
Many thanks,
Dan
I'm looking to run some Python scripts on my PVR's (one Vu, one GigaBlue, one Miraclebox). These are scripts that I am developing on a Windows PC. The scripts require and hence import a number of standard Python modules (eg. "yaml") and when I run the scripts on the PVR they immediately fail when trying to import the yaml module.
On my Windows box I use a utility called pip to install standard Python modules but I can't find pip on the OpenVix PVR. I've tried "opkg install yaml" but it couldn't find anything to match. From a ChatGPT suggestion I also tried downloading "get-pip.py" and running that but it failed with "No module named 'py_compile'".
Can anyone please help by pointing me to how I should install standard Python modules on an OpenVix PVR?
Many thanks,
Dan
