Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

I can t get my Vu+ to see CIFS shared folders :(

  • Thread starter Thread starter MrTweety
  • Start date Start date
M

MrTweety

Guest
I recently bought a vu+solo on which i flashed a VTI 3.2 image.
Fine until i tried to access my network shares.

At home, all my 3 PCs are windows 7, with shared folder and the same login.password combo on the administrative account.

All the PCs see each other's shares, and everything works fine.
I also have a synology NAS, which works with all my 3 pcs.
shares on NAS are seen in CIFS and NFS.

Now on my vuplus, I edited Samba.conf so as to have my vu+ on "WORKGROUP" workgroup insteand of "vuplus".
It's okay, i see my VU+ shares from my PCs.

But, when I try to access my PC's shares from the Vu+ It doesn't work.
In the network explorer, I see all my pc's, but whe I try to Expand one and enter the login/password combo on the prompt, the Network Explorer doesn't see any shared folder.....
An when I try to expand my NAS's shares, The Vu+ sees and works fine with nfs shares but doesn't show CIFS shares.


What the hell am I missing ??
Does anybody know ?
Thanks in advance for help.

Note : I tried to disable firewall in win and I tried to put my vu+ in router's DMZ for a while : no change.
That's strange. Even my android tablet is able to access my pc's using CIFS, so what's missing in my vu+ config ???
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top