Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

MetrixHD_MOD (Now includes a full 1080 HD version too)

I can't seem to activate this. I am running VIX 3.0.760 on my Duo. I've enabled the skin choices I want then when I press generate skin I get the reading template message on screen then box reboots and is still the same skin. I go to menu > settings > skin and select metrixhd and it reboots but when it does it still on the same Vix skin.

Any ideas?
 
Hi to plugins and delete the skin, reboot. Go to menu, setup, system, skin setup and make sure it has fully deleted. If so try and install again.
 
Hi to plugins and delete the skin, reboot. Go to menu, setup, system, skin setup and make sure it has fully deleted. If so try and install again.

Delete which skin?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
 
Metrix skin, although it crashed it may still have installed some or all of the skin. I had this problem on my duo previously, I can't tell you the post number but you will need to read through this thread because I covered this off I think gas I was having the same problem.
 
I can't seem to activate this. I am running VIX 3.0.760 on my Duo. I've enabled the skin choices I want then when I press generate skin I get the reading template message on screen then box reboots and is still the same skin. I go to menu > settings > skin and select metrixhd and it reboots but when it does it still on the same Vix skin.

Any ideas?

You are running out of memory, you need to create a swap file



Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs
 
How can I do a fresh install of my picons.
Can I load them from a USB or does it need to be loaded from the box.
As I mention I have several missing I think a fresh install might fix this
 
lost xpicons with metrix hd skin with new 762 update ?
they are still located in the same place as previous version not re downloaded new ones?
has the new updated image changed where it looks for picons/xpicons?
 
Last edited:
Hi Foz - I am trying to move everything over to the vix picon renderer instead of the xpicon one. I have them in usb/picon/ which works (and i'm sure they can go on flash in /picon/)

I have also noticed a problem with picons when playing recorded programmes, so this is on my radar to fix.
 
You are running out of memory, you need to create a swap file



Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Thank you. I made a 256mb swap file on my usb and from then it worked a charm.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
 
Schweeler do you know why, when I upgrade my image, despite creating a back up, metrix does not restore? I have to set back up from scratch, even to the point of re selecting skin parts I previously had from openstore. Certain general settings remain, ie weather location, transparencies etc.


Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs
 
Hi Foz - I am trying to move everything over to the vix picon renderer instead of the xpicon one. I have them in usb/picon/ which works (and i'm sure they can go on flash in /picon/)

I have also noticed a problem with picons when playing recorded programmes, so this is on my radar to fix.
from advice given on this forum from rob van der does, i have now installed picons to flash root from the plugin's downloads from within the image
so they can be updated etc
but i notice that the picons are not in the large picon box on the left in tv bouquets now, seem's the skin/image is still looking to XPicon/picon mine are still in /media/hdd i had just renamed the folder for testing the downloaded one so if i rename it back they show in the tv bouquets
also i've downloaded the ocram shd white ones via plugin but they seem smaller in the info bar than the versions i had previously ftp'ed in?
foz
 
Last edited:
Is your image up-to-date (i.e. on build 763)?
I really thought this skin had been updated for 'normal' usage of picons.
 
yes rob updated to 762 yesturday and 763 this morning mate
and the tv bouquet picon defo still looking to old location mate as i left XPicons in hdd and renamed it just until i had it all working
they are in the epg etc just the tv bouquet on the left the big one was missing unitl i renamed the XPicon folder back and then it worked
foz
 
Last edited:
Known issue, scwheeler is working on.
may i ask ocram why the downloaded picons through the plugins menu (shd white version) is smaller in the info box, than previous downloaded to windows pc & ftp'ed in?
thanks
 
Hi Foz - I am trying to move everything over to the vix picon renderer instead of the xpicon one. I have them in usb/picon/ which works (and i'm sure they can go on flash in /picon/)

I have also noticed a problem with picons when playing recorded programmes, so this is on my radar to fix.


Scwheeler, is this where a picon appears on top of the IMAXX (no picon) default image?
G
 
Foz - unfortunately when I changed the channel selection screen to use the normal picos it caused my box to crash so this is the only screen that looks in xpicon/ while i resolve this problem.

G - Yes that is what I have seen.

Thanks all, Steve
 
Schweeler do you know why, when I upgrade my image, despite creating a back up, metrix does not restore? I have to set back up from scratch, even to the point of re selecting skin parts I previously had from openstore. Certain general settings remain, ie weather location, transparencies etc.


Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

TK4 - how you do your upgrades? Online upgrade for me keeps skin part that have been downloaded, reflash does not.
 
TK4 - how you do your upgrades? Online upgrade for me keeps skin part that have been downloaded, reflash does not.

Online update.
Oh hang on, now that you say that, I think it's after a reflash and a backup restore I'm having trouble. Backup doesn't seem to backup the required files meaning I have to set up and create a skin.html.


Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top