Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Mgcamds keeps stopping

  • Thread starter Thread starter Philjobooboo
  • Start date Start date
P

Philjobooboo

Guest
Hi guy/gals, box is all setup and working great but every so often mgcamds stops, auto start is on, so I'm having to do blue,6,yellow to restart it. Anyone have a solution?
 
I have same problem pal. Only thing that helps me temporarily is to stop it, disable autostart and reboot box. Then start and enable autostart again an restart again. Seems to solve for a few days.

It's a bloody annoying problem eh?
 
It's froze with me 6 times in half an hour this morning. Absolute shite!!

Only had this problem last 5 days or so. Been up and running for 2 months now.

It's by far worse in the morning. Any idea why?
 
Make that 7 times :(

Could it be worse in morning due to putting into deep standby at night?
 
Jesus this is awful. Froze another 5 times since I posted last message!!!

What is the best way to uninstall MgCamd to reinstall? I tried it yesterday and uninstalled it via the plugins menu, but all the channels still worked.
 
I think it was something to do with my router. I switched everything of at the wall and now it seems a lot better.

I am going to leave it just in standby through night now though to maintain the connection.
 
Please do not upload softcams to the forum, we do not permit this for legal reasons. you can obtain cams from www.openvix.co.uk or if needed you can post them via a third party hosting site. as for MGcamd it self i have been using v1.35a for 6 months on my ultimo without any noticeable problems, and the receiver is placed into standby each night ( not deep standby ).
 
Cheers pal.

Gonna try just putting into standby at night.

With it being terrible first thing in morning, for reason unknown, it seems like it's trying to establish a stable connection to the router. Seems worse since I got the Home Hub 5. So hopefully normal standby will keep the connection live and stable.
 
I had a similar problem, I changed the mg_cfg file settings. This section; I changed to 06 and saved the file and ftp back into Var - Keys
# box type
# 00 autodetect, change only if you think wrong type detected.
# 01 dbox2
# 02 dreambox
# 03 triple-dragon
# 04 relook
# 05 openbox
# 06 dreambox/mips
# 08 stapi/kathrein
# 09 stapi/ipbox
# 11 stapi/openbox
B: { 06 }
 
same here running 1.35a on all boxes and no problems but get the odd glitch more likely from bb supplier and speed test results.
every now and again box and router need a reboot to clear bugs out to make it work better.
 
Think that's what's been happening with mine.

Is there anything you can run on it to clear any unused crap on the box?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top