Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo SE] New HDD or USB Drive

  • Thread starter Thread starter bartjunited
  • Start date Start date
B

bartjunited

Guest
New HDD or USB Drive

I'm looking to replace the HDD in the as its old now and think it's affecting the recording now

Should I use a sata hdd and does rpm matter or USB flash drive

I may keep the original hdd In a caddy as there's lots on there
 
Thanks would you recommend using a satA drive or USB flash drive?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
 
That's right I mean a hdd
OK if we think that's the better method I'll go for that

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
 
An external Mechanical HDD will be better off being connected via powered splitter or a separate power supply. We have had a few people whose devices draw more current than their receiver can supply.

A USB flash drive is physically smaller and stores less. There are no moving parts, so silent.

How much recording do you do?
 
If I use hdd it will be internal and take the place of the current hdd.
I'll either copy any content I want to keep or attach it via a caddy to just view what's on there

I don't record much maybe 5 programs a week. Hdd is mainly used for kids shows that have been recorded

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
 
An internal HDD is better than external one. So best to go for that then. You will need to add a shortcut/bookmark to the external HDD to view them easily. Lets discuss that after you get new HDD.

May I ask/double check which receiver we are discussing please?
 
Lol lol lol I was confusing myself with my solo 2 that I had. You're correct the HDD sits outside it in a caddy atm

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top