Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Venton Unibox HDx] New venton hd2 with box image help

  • Thread starter Thread starter reeves1985
  • Start date Start date
Ah ok I see

Hopefully the guys which dev the app can have a look when they are free
 
Managed to nail down where It stops

Every program stops at exactly 1.10 minutes
 
Managed to nail down where It stops

Every program stops at exactly 1.10 minutes

Sorry if i have missed them as im online through my phone, but we would really need you to get some debug logs of the times this is happening otherwise its all guess work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Was there something in the changelogs regarding gstreamer a few updates back? Not 100% sure.

I have just played played three minutes (twice) of Emmerdale using On demand's ITV player on my Twin, build 692, it does not have the stopping issue. However, I have TSmedia installed so that would have installed dependencies that may have been recently removed.
 
Was there something in the changelogs regarding gstreamer a few updates back? Not 100% sure.

I have just played played three minutes (twice) of Emmerdale using On demand's ITV player on my Twin, build 692, it does not have the stopping issue. However, I have TSmedia installed so that would have installed dependencies that may have been recently removed.

Yes gstreamer was updated a few builds ago, a fresh flash with no backup restored is recomended for those suffering media player issues just incase the gstreamer update didnt go as expected.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
**Edit**
I have just cleared any logs I had and played itv player again but the receiver never created a debug log at all

thanks I will try a fresh flash of the 692 build tonight

I did a fresh flash of 690 last night without restoring ackup and it still had the same issue

abu I do have tsmedia installed as well

I have switched the debug logs on and I did send them in from receiver the ref is Ref: 1373131853.84

also must add the receiver was only delivered to me on Friday with I think build 682 and the itv player has never worked
 
also must add the receiver was only delivered to me on Friday with I think build 682 and the itv player has never worked

Please also remember that like all Third party plugins the OnDemand plugin has nothing to do with the operation of the receiver and like all plugins things change which mean that the plugin may cease operating until updated, as is the case with the 4od part of OnDemand which is currently not working due to changes made by ch4.
 
Oh yes I totally understand that I wasn't implying the receiver was at fault or it was hindering its useability or purpose of use

Was simply implying that as far as I am aware the only builds of vix image were the 682 it came with and the 690 I flashed fresh last night and the update I did today to 692/3

It just seems strange it seems to be only me having an issue

And trying to find out if it is something at my end
Although I can't see what

I run a superhub with 30meg line directly plugged into receiver through Ethernet cable

Other players work so I assume the needed dependancies are there

My ip correctly shows me in the UK

Wouldnt be a problem if it was a general itv player issue but I only see people saying its working fine for them although nobody has confirmed either way who use a venton receiver

I appreciate all the work put in by the guys for making things possible as well

Not intending to come across as spitting the dummy out over a plugin lol little things just bug me (I'm rather strange like that) but appreciate the nature of the beast that sometimes things work and sometimes they don't etc
 
Oh yes I totally understand that I wasn't implying the receiver was at fault or it was hindering its useability or purpose of use

Was simply implying that as far as I am aware the only builds of vix image were the 682 it came with and the 690 I flashed fresh last night and the update I did today to 692/3

It just seems strange it seems to be only me having an issue

And trying to find out if it is something at my end
Although I can't see what

I run a superhub with 30meg line directly plugged into receiver through Ethernet cable

Other players work so I assume the needed dependancies are there

My ip correctly shows me in the UK

Wouldnt be a problem if it was a general itv player issue but I only see people saying its working fine for them although nobody has confirmed either way who use a venton receiver

I appreciate all the work put in by the guys for making things possible as well

Not intending to come across as spitting the dummy out over a plugin lol little things just bug me (I'm rather strange like that) but appreciate the nature of the beast that sometimes things work and sometimes they don't etc


no, i did not mean to insinuate that you were "spitting out the dummy" just we have had users in the past who assume that certain plugins and features were a right rather than a extra if you know what i mean.

any way at this moment in time i'm at a loss as to whats causing your issues as i am not seeing the same my self although sicilian has confirmed the same issues over a broad range of receivers so it's not just you. I'm not a developer my self and the main guy who works on these plugins is rather busy with work at present so it may be a while before he has time to look into things.
 
That's no problem
At least if it has been confirmed on different receivers when the main man does have time it might be something he could look into

I actually just thought it was me having an issue which was making me think it was something to do with my setup at my end

Would be nice if another venton user could have input as well
 
It just seems strange it seems to be only me having an issue

:confused::confused::confused: I've already confirmed I experience the same as you on Duo2, ET9500 and HD2, so bit confused by that comment :confused::confused::confused:

I've even tested on ADSL and Cable lines. Its an issue with plugin somewhere, stop beating yourself up about it.
 
No problem thanks for confirming it

Just had a message from another venton user (finally) who confirms it plays fine for them

Seems very sporadic issue for some and not others

Will leave it a while see if anything develops or anything as the mrs can use 3 player to catch up on the dreaded soaps
 
Sorry the above post should say it doesn't play fine for them

Just had another 3 venton users also saying that it also stops after a short while for them also

One of the guys who confirmed it not working on the venton also has a vu receiver which the itv plugin works correctly on so maybe it it a little more receiver specific than first thought

But as above it has also been reported working for some and not others on different receivers across the board

(Really need to do something else with my time lol! Have far to much time on my hands at the moment)
Just a shame I have no coding knowledge would love to jump in and help but unfortunately it is way over my head
 
it it a little more receiver specific than first thought

It is NOT receiver specific, I've already told you I personally have tested on VU+ Duo2, Xtrend ET9500 and the HD2, all THREE receivers give the same results, NONE of them will play a full episode using ITV Player.
 
It is NOT receiver specific, I've already told you I personally have tested on VU+ Duo2, Xtrend ET9500 and the HD2, all THREE receivers give the same results, NONE of them will play a full episode using ITV Player.

Sorry I didn't make it clear i am not saying it is 100% receiver specific as like you say you confirmed it not working on different receivers

I was just stating that every venton user I have asked have the same problem but also indicating that one user also has a vu receiver on which it works correctly
(Same network same broadband etc)

I'm sorry I am am getting on anyone's nerves just trying to keep it updated with my findings that's all

As if there is a problem anywhere the more info the better it will be for when one of the guys has time to have a quick look at it

Cheers Sicilian
 
The only hope we have of trying to find out whats going on is for all those users saying they have problems to post debug logs, otherwise there is nothing what so ever any one can do about it.


once again this is a thirdparty plugin which has nothing what so ever to do with any receiver manufacturer.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
I understand that pheonix and I am sure whatever problem there is will get looked into eventually

Was just trying to help and maybe the people with issues will start to send debug logs in
 
I understand that pheonix and I am sure whatever problem there is will get looked into eventually

Was just trying to help and maybe the people with issues will start to send debug logs in

I know and I understand, as I said we really need debug logs from as many different people as possible to be able to look into this properly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top