Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] New VideoMode

Hello There
I have a problem with my Xtreme ET9000.
I am unable to resolve sound reception on the addon 'Livestream Earthcam'.
I have no problem with the video....but no sound.
I have tried about 7 or 8 et9000 versions but no luck.
Can any one help?
Alan
 
Hello There
I have a problem with my Xtreme ET9000.
I am unable to resolve sound reception on the addon 'Livestream Earthcam'.
I have no problem with the video....but no sound.
I have tried about 7 or 8 et9000 versions but no luck.
Can any one help?
As this has nothing to do with the topic you're posting in: please create your own thread.
And please read http://www.world-of-satellite.com/announcement.php?f=298 before doing so.
 
i have vu+ uno my inglsh its verry bad, i m lost for image vti thanks
 
View attachment 29988Hi andyblac, I dont believe these are black bars in the stream. Its like m1nz said the picture doesnt scale. For me its a border of garbled video. I've attached a photo of tv screen.

Go into positon settings in user interface and press right. Is a fix but its bloody annoying
 
Go into positon settings in user interface and press right. Is a fix but its bloody annoying

seems to be an issue, with drivers and OSD position, you could try disabling overscan on you TV and setting OSX position to 0
 
I still wish you would change the movie playback videomode detection code to do it just at the beginning of playback and remain locked in that mode until stop is pressed or a different movie is selected. Current code does mode detection after every rew/ff or time skip, setting maximum detection time does not help, it still does it with some files.

I finally had enough of multi (and integrated autores) and switched back to 50Hz mode. I made three shell scripts that change mode to 60, 50 or 24p mode. So now I check the movie content, press one of my remote's macro keys and the correct mode is selected and locked on. Maybe not very elegant, but works every time and remains in the correct mode no matter what I do.
 
Current code does mode detection after every rew/ff or time skip, setting maximum detection time does not help, it still does it with some files.

With delay set to 600 or 800 I have no problems.
 
Hi All
I tried to setup a Vu Zero running Apollo 152 on a Samsung ue40f8000 Smart TV yesterday using the Vu supplied HDMI cable and all I got was a blank screen. I had pre-configured the box on an LG TV and all was fine, but nothing would display on the Samsung, the TV reported that there was no input in any. So I tried an Octagon SF8 running Apollo 070 via an HDMI connection also nothing. On both boxes the video mode was set to 50Hz and Auto resolution was not used.

As the Octagon supports SCART and I had an HDMI / SCART adaptor I tested this connection and got a picture, though it was flickering a bit but this could have been caused by the adaptor.

I'm at a loss as to why I can't get any picture at all onto the TV, no VU or Octagon splash screen, no Vix splash screen, nothing appears. I have tried 3 HDMI cables on all of the 4 HDMI sockets - the TV doesn't acknowledge that there is any connection. I have also varied the boot-up sequence, so boot up the box, then switch on the TV or have the TV already switched on then boot up the box but nothing works.

Any clues anyone?
Cheers
 
Have you tried setting output to 720p on the Vu+ Zero? And set mode to multi n disable auto resolution. The Solo has a bug in latest image where it won't display at 1080 so just test on 720 to see if its related?
 
Have you tried setting output to 720p on the Vu+ Zero? And set mode to multi n disable auto resolution. The Solo has a bug in latest image where it won't display at 1080 so just test on 720 to see if its related?


No, I didn't try that, thanks for the info. However there was also no display from the Octagon box either so I'm guessing that the display issue is not one directly related to a particular box/Vix version rather a settings/config problem.
 
Did you turn your tv off n sat box off when you connected the HDMI leads?
Could the tv have faulty HDMI ports?
Try the 720p settings on your receivers n see where that takes you.
 
Did you turn your tv off n sat box off when you connected the HDMI leads?
Could the tv have faulty HDMI ports?
Try the 720p settings on your receivers n see where that takes you.


No, the sat box was off but the TV was in standby.
 
Hi All
As a follow up to my post #110 and the problems I have been having with the Samsung ue40f8000 Smart TV, my thanks go to Andy_Hazza who's suggestion of using 720p worked, the telly booted up and all was good. Of course with a pricey TV like that 720p wasn't going to be good enough so I re-configured Vix to 1080p - and got a picture after accepting the prompt. So I crossed my fingers and re-booted the box thinking all was going to die on me, but no all booted up just fine. So the Vix settings for this Samsung TV are that it can be configured to 720p or 1080p but not 1080i which strikes me as a bit odd, but at least all is now working.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top