Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] New VideoMode

File resolution is 1280x720, 30Hz. It's not just that one file, it's happens with all similar files. With my Dreambox 8000 they all change mode to 60Hz and the same happens with OpenAtv but for some reason not with OpenVix image.

Earlier I had overscan (I didn't realize that the setting had to be changed for each hdmi-input) and adjusted osd size when I installed the Vix image. I'm not sure if those values were restored when I last installed the VIX image. I'll check and reset the values (and all other values) and try playback and autoresolution again. I did open teletext but it didn't clear the screen edges, looked like those graphics were at a different layer.

I'll do logging and send the files tomorrow.
 
I did some tests and logging. I have attached a log file where I first playback some tv recording and later the problematic 720p file called "Biggest loser...". All settings were at default, I only scanned dvb-t channels, enabled logging and rebooted.

Later I also tested the same 720p file with autoresolution enabled, mode changed correctly to 720p 60Hz and now that the OSD positions were at their default values, I didn't get those graphic errors when mode returned to 1080i 50Hz after playback. So looks like this part of the problem is solved by not adjusting the OSD position.

View attachment Enigma2_log.zip
 
I did some tests and logging. I have attached a log file where I first playback some tv recording and later the problematic 720p file called "Biggest loser...". All settings were at default, I only scanned dvb-t channels, enabled logging and rebooted.

Later I also tested the same 720p file with autoresolution enabled, mode changed correctly to 720p 60Hz and now that the OSD positions were at their default values, I didn't get those graphic errors when mode returned to 1080i 50Hz after playback. So looks like this part of the problem is solved by not adjusting the OSD position.

View attachment 30310

the file is indeed 720p 30 fps, but the Duo2 only supports 720p 24Hz or 720p 60Hz, so the box is switching to the later see bellow from your log. but as 30 fps goes into 60Hz equally it is fine, infact better than it would be at 30Hz as your are getting double the refresh rate, (screen is refreshed twice per frame)

Code:
video height: 720
video width: 1280
video pol: p
video rate: 29970
 
new res: 720
new pol: p
new rate: 30
config.av.autores: hd
config.av.autores_sd: 1080i
config.av.autores_deinterlace: False
new mode: 720p
 
CURRENT MODE: 1080i50
NEW MODE: 720p

if your TV is like my plasma panel, overscan has it's own setting for each port & frequency.
 
Hi timo,
can you log your problem case with 1080i and Multi without autoresolution enabled as auto resolution seemed to play fine before when I read your post correctly.

I understood that you wanted the file played in 1080@60 and it played @50. Did I understand your problem?

ciao
 
@Timo3

I have tested the issue and Andy solved the issue, so within next update with AR disabled usin only 1080i multi mode, a 30fps switches to 6oHz
 
Last edited:
You understood correctly, I want 1080i to switch to 60Hz when the file is played.

It's all already in the log I sent. At first I played the file with just 1080i selected, multi on and autoresolution disabled and it didn't switch to 60Hz.

Only at the end I enabled autoresolution and then output mode switched to 720p 60Hz when the file was played.
 
It looks like I have been guilty of not reading this. I have updated on the box to 783 but now every time I change to a non HD channel my aspect ratio is changing and isn't staying in 1080i.

I'm very much a newbie here. Could anyone point me in the direction of a guide on how to flash via USB? Do I need to flash 783 now I have that on the box? Will I lose the auto bouquets I have on my box?

Any help would be very appreciated
 
I have tested the issue and Andy solved the issue, so within next update with AR disabled usin only 1080i multi mode, a 30fps switches to 6oHz

Should the latest online update already have this fix? I have updated to 787 but multi still doesn't work. Or should I do a full upgrade?
 
i have still problem. update to 790 but noting change. when change hd channel to sd reciver goes to black screen and 2 sec later show channel. and another problem when show channel list press green bottom recivere goes last channel but previous image when press green bottom show satellite list
 
Hi,
2 seconds for switching is rather normal and if you want a freezed picture or a black picture when switching can be setup. In case of a change of resolution the TV normally shows a small box with the resolution he recognized.

No problem here with green button in channel list.

ciao
 
hi. green bottom is ok. but when update to 790 my reciver goes to black screen 3 sec and then show channel. this is not normally. when you are fast see channel reciver not fast. is it normally??
 
Hi, Since updating to 3.0.79, playing mkv or mp4 files seem to have no audio anymore when they had audio on previous versions.
These are played off my network mapped mount from a windows box with authentication.
Also when changing channels or playing recordings or films etc, the screen goes blank for a second when switching, which it never used to do in previous versions either.
Any pointers or shall i just down grade?
 
Hi, Since updating to 3.0.79, playing mkv or mp4 files seem to have no audio anymore when they had audio on previous versions.
These are played off my network mapped mount from a windows box with authentication.
Also when changing channels or playing recordings or films etc, the screen goes blank for a second when switching, which it never used to do in previous versions either.
Any pointers or shall i just down grade?
This has no relation with this thread. Please create your own support question for that.
 
I really like the way as it was before, from now every time I am switching between hd and sd channel my tv changing resolution itself what looks like it muting audio for a two seconds and displaying info bar with the new resolution, this is very annoying when you trying to find some channel and switching them one by one, the option for still 1080i or p resolution disappeared and when auto is on or off not making any difference, I am updating from early 75x - should I start from fresh image again ? I am on duo2 by the way.
 
Multi still has bugs. I use 1080i multi, no autoresolution.

When I playback a 640x360 29,97fps file, hdmi-output changes correctly to 1080i 60Hz. But when I use number buttons to time jump, output mode changes back and forth between 60Hz and 50Hz.

Second problem: I have a 1280x720 file at 23,98fps and multi does not work correctly with it, output just stays at 50Hz. But if I start to playback a 720p 30fps file (then output changes to 60Hz) and then open movie selection and start this 23,98fps file, output stays at 60Hz.

Attached is a log file of the first file playback with time jumps.
 

Attachments

Multi still has bugs. I use 1080i multi, no autoresolution.

When I playback a 640x360 29,97fps file, hdmi-output changes correctly to 1080i 60Hz. But when I use number buttons to time jump, output mode changes back and forth between 60Hz and 50Hz.

Second problem: I have a 1280x720 file at 23,98fps and multi does not work correctly with it, output just stays at 50Hz. But if I start to playback a 720p 30fps file (then output changes to 60Hz) and then open movie selection and start this 23,98fps file, output stays at 60Hz.

Attached is a log file of the first file playback with time jumps.



ad 1 Try to increase delay to avoid change in HZ while jumping...

ad2 in log i dont see wrong outputs

What s he name of movie file you think is 23,98fps, becasue i cant fnd that refreshrate in log at all

if it is The.Biggest.Loser.US.S15E05.PDTV.x264-OLDTIMER.avi then its not 23,98fps

Code:
video height: 576
video width: 720
video pol: i
video rate: 25000

Btw. 24 hz will only work when AR is enabled.
Because multi is just 50 or 60 hz with AR disabled
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top