Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] New VideoMode

ad 1 Try to increase delay to avoid change in HZ while jumping...

There is no delay setting when autoresolution is disabled.

I'll do more logging with the other file.

Another question: how do I change OSD position of the resolution message? It now appears in upper right corner and is usually covered by TV's own OSD that also appears when hdmi signal changes.
 
Sorry..of course only possible with AR enabled

osd pos. is done in skin, so there is no option in settings.

Just disable, if your Tv already show message.
 
Last edited:
osd pos. is done in skin, so there is no option in settings.

Just disable, if your Tv already show message.

Where in the skin, what is the element title called? I'd like to edit it via skin file but I can't find it. And I can't find option to disable it either (but I rather keep it since it shows more info that my TV's OSD).
 
Another weird thing: I now setup hdmi output to fixed 1080i 60Hz. Why is there still a break in signal when playback is started? Shouldn't output just stay at 60Hz? Attached is a log where I start playback, screen goes blank for few seconds (tv also shows osd indicating signal change) and returns, same happens when I stop the playback. (identical test with my DM8000 doesn't cause blank screens)
 

Attachments

Where in the skin, what is the element title called? I'd like to edit it via skin file but I can't find it. And I can't find option to disable it either (but I rather keep it since it shows more info that my TV's OSD).

When AR enabled one can set it to off..


Look for this
Code:
	<screen name="AutoVideoModeLabel" position="900,40" size="330,55" backgroundColor="transpBG" flags="wfNoBorder" >
		<widget name="content" position="5,3" size="320,23" font="Regular;20" transparent="1"/>
		<widget name="restxt" position="5,28" size="320,23" font="Regular;20" transparent="1"/>
	</screen>
 
Last edited:
Another weird thing: I now setup hdmi output to fixed 1080i 60Hz. Why is there still a break in signal when playback is started? Shouldn't output just stay at 60Hz? Attached is a log where I start playback, screen goes blank for few seconds (tv also shows osd indicating signal change) and returns, same happens when I stop the playback. (identical test with my DM8000 doesn't cause blank screens)

What movie name???
I can t reproduce issues you report with fixed 60Hz

You mean dm8000 also usin with AR.
 
Last edited:
What movie name???
I can t reproduce issues you report with fixed 60Hz

You mean dm8000 also usin with AR.

With fixed 1080i 60Hz on, for some reason it doesn't show the 2-3 second blank screen if you are watching tv-recordings that are in 50Hz, it just shows them directly in 60Hz.

But if you watch a movie that actually needs to use the 60Hz mode, then it goes like this: movie starts, screen goes black for 2-3 seconds (or maybe it temporary switches to 50Hz and my TV is too slow to display the change), and image returns back (still in 60Hz mode).

Movie names are shown in the log, this latest was: GRAVITY [2013] CAM XviD IMDB 8.6.avi

DM8000 without autoresolution, just normal 1080i mode at 60Hz selected. But DM8000 is using just Dream Multimedia's software, not Vix. I just mentioned the DM8000 just in case you suspect that my TV is causing this.
 
With fixed 1080i 60Hz on, for some reason it doesn't show the 2-3 second blank screen if you are watching tv-recordings that are in 50Hz, it just shows them directly in 60Hz.

But if you watch a movie that actually needs to use the 60Hz mode, then it goes like this: movie starts, screen goes black for 2-3 seconds (or maybe it temporary switches to 50Hz and my TV is too slow to display the change), and image returns back (still in 60Hz mode).

Movie names are shown in the log, this latest was: GRAVITY [2013] CAM XviD IMDB 8.6.avi

DM8000 without autoresolution, just normal 1080i mode at 60Hz selected. But DM8000 is using just Dream Multimedia's software, not Vix. I just mentioned the DM8000 just in case you suspect that my TV is causing this.

tested here, but still cant reproduce,
1080p30 and 1080i30 plays instantly at 60Hz with fixed AV setup 60hz
 
Last edited:
1080p30 and 1080i30 plays instantly at 60Hz with fixed AV setup 60hz

Same here.

But files at 640x360 29,97fps do not, they make that blank screen. But blank screen when time jumping those files with number buttons is "fixed" when using 60Hz fixed mode.

1080p 23,97fps files don't switch output to 60Hz in Multi mode, they just play back at 50Hz. They should switch to 60Hz (and they do that in DM8000).
 
Hi,
switching from 24 to 60 is done when AR is not activated. 24 is only played in 24 when AR is active. Marcel already said that multi only supports 50/60.

ciao
 
switching from 24 to 60 is done when AR is not activated. 24 is only played in 24 when AR is active. Marcel already said that multi only supports 50/60.

I know.
But 24 to 60 does not work, at least not with the files I'm testing it (and still those same files work correctly with my DM8000).
 
Same here.

But files at 640x360 29,97fps do not, they make that blank screen. But blank screen when time jumping those files with number buttons is "fixed" when using 60Hz fixed mode.

1080p 23,97fps files don't switch output to 60Hz in Multi mode, they just play back at 50Hz. They should switch to 60Hz (and they do that in DM8000).


Ad1 - Fixed 60 hz, but movie is 50 hz and also diffrent resoltion, so video test checks fro Rate and resol.. Think the order of Videotest is the way its working.
I will ask Andy if somethingcan be done here when usin fixed 60 Hz.
Can you add sample file here, so i can test myself.
Code:
VID TEST1
VID TEST3
VID TEST7
new res: 480
new pol: p
new rate: 60
config.av.autores: disabled
config.av.autores_sd: 1080i
config.av.autores_deinterlace: False
new mode: None
 
CURRENT MODE: 1080i
NEW MODE: None

Ad2 -
can you gave log and sample file to check.
Edit..just found myself a 1080p24 file and indeed it plays at 50 hz with Ar off and multi
 
Last edited:
Here is another log where I start to playback The.Biggest.Loser.US.S15E07.avi file. It's 640x360 29,97 fps.

Output is set to Multi, AR control is disabled.

Output changes to 60Hz so that part is OK.

But when I press jump key (number 6) and skip 1 minutes (I think the log shows twice KEY 7 6 in those places where I press the key), output goes blank and looks like signal is redetected for some reason. I do the same again and the same thing happens. Then I pause playback and the log ends.

Looking at the log, to me it looks like mode changes back to 1080i 50Hz right after the time skip and then back to 60Hz few seconds later. I think Vix code should disable videotesting during file playback, just to it at the start of the file, not after time skip or FF/Rew.
 

Attachments

Looks like the delay adjustment (and osd timeout) also effects how multi works. Even thought it's adjustment is available only when AR is enabled.

I have used 200 value there, I enabled AR, put there 2000 and disabled AR again. Now time skip doesn't always show blank screen but still it happens frequently and when it happens, things are much slower than before.
 
looking at your logs, yes you need to increase the delay, as streamer needs more time to detect the correct res. setting to 2000 should allow 4 seconds before it looks at the reds it should have the info it needs by then.

also a thing to remember movie containers can vary vastly, as not everyone creates them correctly.
 
@Timo

Already pointed out to increase delay

But i am still waiting for a test file for your issue with fixed 60hz, post 92

but instead new setups / logs are presented...

and this way its hard to check any without a specific file, which differs from standard
 
Last edited:
looking at your logs, yes you need to increase the delay, as streamer needs more time to detect the correct res. setting to 2000 should allow 4 seconds before it looks at the reds it should have the info it needs by then.

The detection works perfectly at the beginning of the movie even with that 200 value.

Problem is that it does (unnecessary) detection after each time jump when watching this 640x360 movie (and all other same res. movies/tv-series that I have) . It doesn't do it with a 720p movie, it just does the detection at the start, changes to 60Hz and stays in the 60Hz mode working perfectly no matter how much I skip the file.
 
I thought you were interested of making this image perfect, guess I was wrong. Lets then just agree, that the multi-output mode has multiple bugs and thats it. :confused:
 
I thought you were interested of making this image perfect, guess I was wrong. Lets then just agree, that the multi-output mode has multiple bugs and thats it. :confused:

tbh, if it does not do it on some files, then it more likely to be the file it self, as all the code is the same. for each res.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top