Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] OE-Alliance OnDemand player official support and discussion thread.

You wont be told will you :rolleyes: All ready confirmed your ITV Player issue on the VU+ Duo2 and Xtrend ET9500 HERE Do you want it confirmed on more models before you start to believe my posts?

Think you should start listening to FACT instead of posting nonsense. How else do you want it proved? Do you think I'm making things up and posting tests for the fun of it all??

No I appreciate and accept what you are saying!
I am just puzzled why not everybody had an issue in the instance I was referring to that's all

I just found it odd it seemed to affect one make of receiver more than others initially

As I said I have no knowledge of how things work so I am in no place to say what you were telling me is wrong

I am here to try and learn the hobby as well as use the platform provided by people like yourself

I don't mean to come across brash I am just trying to understand how and why things happen etc

The reason this specific plugin pricked my ears is because my mrs uses it a lot for the soaps so I tend to have to sit and watch also and noticed issues

The reason I was so pessimistic in the beginning was because I had the so called devixed version that run fine on a dreambox and couldn't quite get my head round it
 
No I appreciate and accept what you are saying!
I am just puzzled why not everybody had an issue in the instance I was referring to that's all

Becuase whoever you spoke too may not have been using the official vix verision or testing playback of the whole episode.

I just found it odd it seemed to affect one make of receiver more than others initially

There you go again :trustme:, it affected all models we support, sounds like only way to prove to you will be to stack each model up and video the issue which I'm not about to do as it will take too long.
 
Have been looking at ITV player through my PC using Tunlr and have noticed that certain programs are not available for free, you have to rent them. Just wondering if this might explain why some do not play.
I also have to enter a valid UK postal code before I can watch anything.
Still don't understand why BBC player works at high rate and ITV doesn't.
 
Lol lets put this to bed you know more than me mate
Let the topic get back on track

Appreciate you input
 
yeah mate, i have updated the GIT with the new DNS server address, it will be in the next image build from 703 or 704 or can be updated manually as described in the updates thread.

@pheonix,
First of all, thank you very much for your valuable support.

I switched from BH image to ViX just to have a properly working OnDemand plugin. I installed the latest ViX image, downloaded OnDemand from Plugins section and got BBCiPlayer and ITVPlayer working, which is enough for me at the moment. I haven't done what you've told in updates thread (FTP the CommonModules.py). What will it give me as an extra?
 
Last edited:
@pheonix,
First of all, thank you very much for your valuable support.

I switched from BH image to ViX just to have a properly working OnDemand plugin. I installed the latest ViX image, downloaded OnDemand from Plugins section and got BBCiPlayer and ITVPlayer working, which is enough for me at the moment. I haven't done what you've told in updates thread (FTP the CommonModules.py). What will it give me as an extra?

Its only really usefull for those outside of the uk to get around the GEO blocks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Update: itv player still not working
After the mrs test I can confirm it still will not play past 2 minutes
Even with the fix for the dns addresses

Although it does play a little longer I cannot get it to play a full program :(
 
Hi Guys,

A couple of observations and forgive me if these have already been brought up somewhere before but initially I could pause the on demand player as well as fast forward albeit at a max of speed 4, now im on the latest build 702 and I cant do either.

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
 
Hi Guys,

A couple of observations and forgive me if these have already been brought up somewhere before but initially I could pause the on demand player as well as fast forward albeit at a max of speed 4, now im on the latest build 702 and I cant do either.

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I'm going to +1 this, also seeing this behavior on latest VIX build 719. Cant restart after pausing, have to exit and go back. Also cant rewind or fast forward, very annoying!

If someone can tell me how to dump the log file of the plugin i will provide if it shows anything useful, below is the /var/log/messages output

Aug 14 18:58:51 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_STOP 1 1
Aug 14 18:58:51 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_STOP 1
Aug 14 18:58:51 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_CONTINUE 1 0 audio pid_hndl : 0x0
Aug 14 18:58:51 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_CONTINUE:bcm7335->audio_pid_hndl is null 0 0
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_SELECT_SOURCE 1
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_FREEZE 1 0
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_SELECT_SOURCE 1
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_PAUSE 1
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_SET_BYPASS_MODE 11
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: proc_get_ac3 1 audio_passthrough_spdif : 1
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_PLAY 11 decoder start : 0
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_PLAY : Starting Playpump
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_SET_STREAMTYPE 1
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_PLAY 1 5 2
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_CONTINUE 1951753256 1 audio pid_hndl : 0x0
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_CONTINUE 52678064 1
this is where I pause
Aug 14 18:58:57 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_PAUSE 1
Aug 14 18:58:57 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_FREEZE 1 1
This is where I unpause
Aug 14 18:58:59 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_CONTINUE 1951753256 2 audio pid_hndl : 0x0
Aug 14 18:58:59 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_CONTINUE 52678064 2
Aug 14 18:58:59 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_CLEAR_BUFFER 1 0
Aug 14 18:58:59 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_CLEAR_BUFFER 52678064 1 1
Nothing happens, video doesn't restart
 
I'm going to +1 this, also seeing this behavior on latest VIX build 719. Cant restart after pausing, have to exit and go back. Also cant rewind or fast forward, very annoying!

If someone can tell me how to dump the log file of the plugin i will provide if it shows anything useful, below is the /var/log/messages output

Aug 14 18:58:51 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_STOP 1 1
Aug 14 18:58:51 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_STOP 1
Aug 14 18:58:51 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_CONTINUE 1 0 audio pid_hndl : 0x0
Aug 14 18:58:51 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_CONTINUE:bcm7335->audio_pid_hndl is null 0 0
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_SELECT_SOURCE 1
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_FREEZE 1 0
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_SELECT_SOURCE 1
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_PAUSE 1
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_SET_BYPASS_MODE 11
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: proc_get_ac3 1 audio_passthrough_spdif : 1
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_PLAY 11 decoder start : 0
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_PLAY : Starting Playpump
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_SET_STREAMTYPE 1
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_PLAY 1 5 2
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_CONTINUE 1951753256 1 audio pid_hndl : 0x0
Aug 14 18:58:52 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_CONTINUE 52678064 1
this is where I pause
Aug 14 18:58:57 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_PAUSE 1
Aug 14 18:58:57 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_FREEZE 1 1
This is where I unpause
Aug 14 18:58:59 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_CONTINUE 1951753256 2 audio pid_hndl : 0x0
Aug 14 18:58:59 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_CONTINUE 52678064 2
Aug 14 18:58:59 vuduo user.warn kernel: [AUD]: AUDIO_CLEAR_BUFFER 1 0
Aug 14 18:58:59 vuduo user.warn kernel: [VID]: VIDEO_CLEAR_BUFFER 52678064 1 1
Nothing happens, video doesn't restart

I'm afraid there is nothing we can do about this, the issues must have been introduced with the new Vu drivers we received a while back!
 
Thanks for the reply mcquaim, is there anyway we can report this to the necessary or is it a case of just wait and hope they notice its broke?
 
Thanks for the reply mcquaim, is there anyway we can report this to the necessary or is it a case of just wait and hope they notice its broke?

You can raise a bug report on the VuPlus dot com website but I'm not sure how regular these are checked! It will do no harm to raise some, as many as possible so maybe they will get noticed :D
 
Thanks for the reply mcquaim, is there anyway we can report this to the necessary or is it a case of just wait and hope they notice its broke?

The Vu+ driver devs are located in korea, people would have to report such things to them otherwise they would never know of the problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
 
I'm afraid there is nothing we can do about this, the issues must have been introduced with the new Vu drivers we received a while back!

I'm not sure it is the drivers - pretty sure I tested with an older VIX version with the new drivers and FF/Rewind worked OK.
 
I'm not sure it is the drivers - pretty sure I tested with an older VIX version with the new drivers and FF/Rewind worked OK.

If you get a chance again can you test this again then?

I haven't changed anything on these players in months due to time constraints and the only thing new has been drivers so I have my suspicions but if you can test then at least we can find out for sure!
 
My On Demand appears to no longer work. Getting message for BBC iplayer that it can't find any playable streams. Alright yesterday.
My laptop can still access BBC iplayer through Tunlr so its not a change with their system.
Did an update after the Vu box crashed twice when trying to access BBC, this has at least stopped it crashing.
 
I'm not sure it is the drivers - pretty sure I tested with an older VIX version with the new drivers and FF/Rewind worked OK.
The ability to pause/resume/FF/FB is alway a combination of the properties of a stream and the drivers of a box.
So the behaviour in this respect of one stream can be quite different from that of another stream; and the same stream can behave different if played on different boxes.
 
don't know whats going on but BBC iplayer working again.
My On Demand appears to no longer work. Getting message for BBC iplayer that it can't find any playable streams. Alright yesterday.
My laptop can still access BBC iplayer through Tunlr so its not a change with their system.
Did an update after the Vu box crashed twice when trying to access BBC, this has at least stopped it crashing.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top