Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

OpenVPN Setup guide for most VPN,s

Any chance of PIA being added to the list?


I have added PIA script
Code:
https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/blob/master/PIA_VPN/PIA.sh



Can you confirm it works then I will add it to the main script

Replace uuuu with your username and pppp with your password and paste in putty.

Code:
USERNAME='uuuu'
PASSWORD='pppp'
###############################################################
# Standard Config
# If you change anything below this line, it probably wont 
# be able to connect to your VPN.
################################################################
wget -O PIA.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/master/PIA_VPN/PIA.sh && sed -i "s/uuuu/$USERNAME/g" PIA.sh && sed -i "s/pppp/$PASSWORD/g" PIA.sh && chmod +x PIA.sh && ./PIA.sh
 
I have added PIA script
Code:
https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/blob/master/PIA_VPN/PIA.sh



Can you confirm it works then I will add it to the main script

Replace uuuu with your username and pppp with your password and paste in putty.

Code:
USERNAME='uuuu'
PASSWORD='pppp'
###############################################################
# Standard Config
# If you change anything below this line, it probably wont 
# be able to connect to your VPN.
################################################################
wget -O PIA.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/master/PIA_VPN/PIA.sh && sed -i "s/uuuu/$USERNAME/g" PIA.sh && sed -i "s/pppp/$PASSWORD/g" PIA.sh && chmod +x PIA.sh && ./PIA.sh

Great stuff will check this evening and confirm.
 
Getting an error when selecting a server (its got them listed) but showing as Error "konnte nicht gestartet werden!" aka could not be started.
 
Can you ftp medi/hdd/PIA_VPN go in 1 of the folders do you see a .conf file, ca.rsa.2048.crt, crl.rsa.2048.pem and auth.txt?

Also does auth.txt have correct username and password?
 
Just reading post 2 from here https://www.world-of-satellite.com/...nternet-Access&p=313796&viewfull=1#post313796


For those struggling to set up openvpn on their VU+ box, this guide may be useful.

6. go to Private Internet Access site and log into your control panel. Generate a PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS Username and Password using the button within the control panel and add the info to the password.conf file so the username and password are on separate lines.
.

So did you generate a PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS Username and Password using the button within the control panel and add the info to uuuu and pppp area on the script?
 
Last edited:
Just reading post 2 from here https://www.world-of-satellite.com/...nternet-Access&p=313796&viewfull=1#post313796




So did you generate a PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS Username and Password using the button within the control panel and add the info to uuuu and pppp area on the script?

Ok, so from what i can gather, the OpenVPN won't kick in and won't accept the location where the files are stored.

Will keep playing about with it, also tried pptp & usual username and pass.

Also, only showing 3 files in each directory missing perm file.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Now, after re-running the script again it's showing 4 files but OpenVPN won't start for some reason, any pointers would be grateful.
 
I will need to see if I can find a sub over the weekend to test.
 
I will need to see if I can find a sub over the weekend to test.

Found the issue, It's todo with the folder structure, it doesn't like a space in the folder & conf names. If all spaces are replaced with a "_" all works.
 
So if I can get it to rename .ovpn to .conf with _ replacing spaces it should work? I'll see what I can do.

This is the line used to rename .ovpn to .conf
Code:
for x in *.ovpn; do mv "$x" "${x%.ovpn}.conf"; done
 
Last edited:
So if I can get it to rename .ovpn to .conf with _ replacing spaces it should work? I'll see what I can do.

This is the line used to rename .ovpn to .conf
Code:
for x in *.ovpn; do mv "$x" "${x%.ovpn}.conf"; done

Yeah, after trying everything it all started working when replacing a space with a underscore for example UK London>UK London.conf is now UK_London>UK_London.conf
 
Would something like this help?
Code:
for f in *\ *; do mv "$f" "${f// /_}"; done

Not near a box to test.
 
I am trying to work out from the scripts what files are needed where. The tut at the top of this is decent, but I'm struggling with the username/password part. I am using VPN unlimited. I have a single .ovpn file. It contains the VPN setting and ca/cert/private key sections. I have a device username and password. Where do I put these? What is the format of the password file?

I've looked at the github dsayers is maintaining and cant see anything similar in vpnumlimited to help with downloading ovpn files for all servers, merely through their account portal the ability to generate a single file for a selected server.

I have renamed the ovpn file and placed it in to the the /etc/openvpn folder I created. OpenVpn does start, but no network traffic is getting through. I guess this is because of the username/password but dont know how to get this in to OpenVPN. I cant see any logging to give me any clues so am in the dark a little. Where is the log file? Can anybody help witht he configuration of this vpn unlimited connection please?
 
open the client.conf and modify the line "auth-user-pass" so it reads "auth-user-pass auth.txt" (without the quotes)

Now create a txt file called auth.txt and edit with notepad ++ add username and password in auth.txt and send it to etc/openvpn
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top