hi dsayers,
Late to the party with this, im trying to use PIA and it dosent seem to be downloading the required location files, I can download them manually and add them to HDD/PIA_VPN2
should the script automatically download ALL locations from the PIA website?
Also im using my main site login details, should I be using "PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS Username and Password"
sorry if these have been covered, I have tried to look the thread for relevant info.
Ok guys, me again..........
have changed providers to surfshark, have generated a manual config user and pass, put these into dsayers generater.
the generater seems to complete fully with no errors, however the username is missing from the "pass.file"
I have manually edited the file using notepad++ but it still wont start the vpn, and shows no username, any help?
It always seems to remove the user name from the pass.file.
Test OpenVPN script generator
Hi im looking for users to test a new version of the script.
Setup is similar but this version will install VPN Manager with an option to edit username and password via the plugin in case it was incorrectly put on the generator.
First open Putty, and in the HostName (or IP address) box enter the enigma2 boxes IP address, and then click the Telnet radio button and click open
View attachment 59823
And then log in using the word, root
View attachment 59824
Users can visit
https://e2openvpn.com/test_gen/
Add there username and password this will now generate a script.
Copy and paste the script in putty and hit enter you should now have the option for what VPN you want to use:
1) Nord VPN
2) IP Vanish
3) Digibit
4) PureVPN
5) PIA VPN
6) Windscrape
7) SurfShark
8) TorGuard
9) Ivacy
10) Quite
Choose your option and hit Enter this should then download the configs and once finished it will say OpenVPN Configs downloaded Please Start OpenVPN.
You will be asked to enter your choice again but you can ignore this.
Reboot box and goto plugins, VPN Manager and choose a country.
View attachment 59825
If you receive auth errors you can press menu and check the location is correct it should be /hdd/vpn_name. You can also check username and password is correct and edit if needed.

< 296.9868> [InfoBarGenerics] Key: 398 (Make) KeyID='KEY_RED' Binding='('RED',)'.
< 296.9943> [ActionMap] Keymap 'OpenVPN_Actions' -> Action = 'red'.
Stopping openvpn: ipvanish-DE-Frankfurt-fra-a01.
< 298.6274> [Skin] Processing screen 'MessageBox', position=(0, 0), size=(1920 x 1080) for module 'MessageBox'.
< 298.6784> [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'icon' in <class 'Screens.MessageBox.MessageBox'>(OpenVpn Stop).
< 298.6821> [Pixmap] setPixmapNum(1) failed! defined pixmaps: []
< 298.6844> [MessageBox] Timeout set to 10 seconds.

Is openvpn still running in network menu?


I've not installed a vpn before and am just about to subscribe to IP Vanish, unless you think there is a better option at a similar price.For manual setup VPN Manager by murxer
Install ipk, Save all configs to one folder no need to edit them then Open vpn manager and press menu change All config in one folder to yes
Save directory config set to the location of your config files
Then you can add username and password.

I've just found this guide for a linux installation of IPVanish, so I think these are the configuration files you mentioned in the instructions?I've not installed a vpn before and am just about to subscribe to IP Vanish, unless you think there is a better option at a similar price.
I've installed your plugin, but don't where I get the configuration files from. I'm assuming I need to create a folder call vpn in the root of the HDD on the e2 box and copy the files into it??
Thanks,
YO