Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

OpenVPN Setup guide for most VPN,s

Yeah it looks like only the latest version works. I tried for months using 1.1.3 when I changed to 1.1.7 I started to see progress (thanks to willo). I`m now using OpenBlackhole because it allows me to use all the plugins I had with Blackhole image. The only negative I have now is I can`t have my box restart enigma every morning for a refresh, using cron commands. I`m useless at what to do.
 
Thank you willo, much appreciated. That's gone straight in and working. Now see if I can get my config working!!

ttt can you not manually update a cron with init 6 to restart? (Never tried it)
 
Yes you can, just tried it.

Add this to your cron file (probably called root) in /var/spool/cron/crontabs

00 05 * * * /sbin/init 6

Then restart the cron
/etc/init.d/crond restart

That will restart at 5am every day.
 
.... although there'll be no checks for recordings in progress.
 
Indeed, its a bit of a brutal approach.
Very rusty unix skills here...
 
I'm pretty sure there are power timers in BH, but I've never used that image.

Code:
https://github.com/BlackHole/enigma2/commits/c67e4fc777491d77c08a6f21247f0f178d8f034f/lib/python/PowerTimer.py
 
Yes you can, just tried it.

Add this to your cron file (probably called root) in /var/spool/cron/crontabs

00 05 * * * /sbin/init 6

Then restart the cron
/etc/init.d/crond restart

That will restart at 5am every day.

Beautiful, that worked a treat, just did a test.
Thankyou everyone.
 
I'm pretty sure there are power timers in BH, but I've never used that image.

Code:
https://github.com/BlackHole/enigma2/commits/c67e4fc777491d77c08a6f21247f0f178d8f034f/lib/python/PowerTimer.py

Indeed you are correct, that is how I was able to restart my box in Blackhole image. However, I have now fully transferred to OpenBlackhole and couldn`t be happier. I am fully up and running with some plugins working that stopped working yonks ago in Blackhole image.
Thankyou all for your input. It`s much appreciated.
 
I made a wrong statement in an earlier post. I am in fact using VPN Manager 1.1.3 because my image is not py3. It`s py2, that is how my plugins work. Anyhow I have a slight niggle, not a complaint or a problem. I notice that when I start my VPN my box IP(internal IP) changes along with the external IP(obviously). Is it possible to stop my box IP changing? Like I said, it`s no big deal if not possible.
 
Yes mate, Setup / Network / Device / Adapter Settings
Change use DHCP to No, it will retain its IP then.
 
I already have DHCP set to no. It`s the VPN Manager in my plugins that must be changing the IP as that`s what I am using to start the VPN.
 
I made a wrong statement in an earlier post. I am in fact using VPN Manager 1.1.3 because my image is not py3. It`s py2, that is how my plugins work. Anyhow I have a slight niggle, not a complaint or a problem. I notice that when I start my VPN my box IP(internal IP) changes along with the external IP(obviously). Is it possible to stop my box IP changing? Like I said, it`s no big deal if not possible.

you should be using enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.4_all.ipk , for python3 it is enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.7-py3_all.ipk
 
you should be using enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.4_all.ipk , for python3 it is enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.7-py3_all.ipk
Where do we get that from? It's not on the feeds right? Do we need to add it?
 
Where do we get that from? It's not on the feeds right? Do we need to add it?

Py2 version here

Code:
https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/140578-plugin-vpn-manager/?postID=549823#post549823

Py3 here

Code:
https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/140578-plugin-vpn-manager/?postID=549823#post549823

I'm not sure if there's an official GitHub source for it

I think openatv have it on feeds but I'm not sure
 
Last edited:
Py2 version here

Code:
https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/140578-plugin-vpn-manager/?postID=549823#post549823

Py3 here

Code:
https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/140578-plugin-vpn-manager/?postID=549823#post549823

I'm not sure if there's an official GitHub source for it

I think openatv have it on feeds but I'm not sure

2 identical links
 
2 identical links

Sorry this is py3 version
Code:
https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/140578-plugin-vpn-manager/?postID=629112#post629112

I don't think it's open source it's designed by murxer but I'm not sure what forum he operates on
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top