Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

play/pause button not working on new vu remote

leonius

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
198
Reaction score
0
Points
0
hi guys

I got a new model vu+ remote control but the play/pause button has no response on screen

when I press the play/pause button there is a light on the uno to show that it picks up the command but the box does nothing,will not play or pause

I have just done a flash to build to 683
 
683 ? is that a typo as were currently on build 783.
 
what code is the remote set to ?.

you can find this out by going to Menu> setup> system> remote control code.
 
well it's on the rite code for the box but i would try changing it to code 1 as thats what i use on mine as it's sat rite next to my solo2 which uses the same code by default.

First change to code 1 on the receiver.

Then change the remote code


press and hold 2 and 7 for three seconds until the led turns red
press help
press 0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004
this will then allow you to use your selected vu+ model


If you want to use a universal remote, change to MODE 1!
 
thank you for your help

I have set the code to 2

but still the play/pause key has no response

any more ideas
 
yes it was already set to code two, try code one and see if that works, i'm currently using a Harmony 600 on my ultimo on code two and play / pause are working great ( wont be able to check the uno till a little later tonight ).
 
I have now tried both code 2 and code 1 and still no luck

the light shows on the uno but no play/pause response on screen

just to remind I am using the new model vu+ remote control

my 2year old broke my original uno remote so I got this new model from the sponser

on the original uno remote there was a button each for play and pause,but on this new model vu+ remote the play and pause options share the same key on the remote
im not sure if this has something to do with the problem
 
give me 10 minutes to test on my uno ( if possible upload a photo of the new remote you have to see if it's the same one i have ).
 
give me 10 minutes to test on my uno ( if possible upload a photo of the new remote you have to see if it's the same one i have ).

ok thanks

here is a link to the exact remote I am using,if you wish I will send a pic
VU-plus-Duo2-Solo2-Uno-Ultimo-Genuine-New-Style-Universal-Remote-Control
 
ok mate.

just checked and with the remotes i have the play and pause buttons are working perfectly, although i dont have the new style remote your using so there may be a issue with the remote / keymap for that remote. gona have to ask any about it.
 
The 20131108 drivers support the combined play/pause key of new R/C for the solo/duo/uno/ultimo.
Those drivers are not yet available in the ViX image, but you can download them from
Code:
http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/
and install them manually. I tested them on UNO & Ultimo and it works fine.
 
The 20131108 drivers support the combined play/pause key of new R/C for the solo/duo/uno/ultimo.
Those drivers are not yet available in the ViX image, but you can download them from
Code:
http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/
and install them manually. I tested them on UNO & Ultimo and it works fine.

thank you

may I ask how to install them manually please
 
extract the archive with 7zip and ftp them to /lib/modules/3.1.1/extra/ overwriting the 4 files in that folder ( back them up first just incase ).

you then just need to reboot the receiver for the drivers to take effect.
 
You can FTP the 4 files (unzip them first)) to ''/lib/modules/3.1.1/extra'' , overwriting the existing files.
Make sure to get the correct ones for your box from the VU site.

Edit: I never seem to be able to beat Pheonix ......
 
thank you

may I ask how to install them manually please

also im am unsure which one to download,there is a lot to choose from.do you know the right one for my uno

thanks for any help
 
well guys that sorted it

play/pause key is now working fine

a very big thank you to you guys for your help
:)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top