Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Random Crashes VIX 2.3

  • Thread starter Thread starter nsdiesel
  • Start date Start date
Hi,
No I only use it as and when.
Cheers,
Gavin :)
 
It was all going well then last night during the sport relief at 10:00 pm I changed channel to BBC hd and then at 10:30 I tried to change too BBC1 hd and the duo crashed and restarted I have sent the log file
I really thought this problem was cured
 
That's exactly 7days and now my duo crashed once again.

Only way to revive it each time is a fresh image install.

No additional plugins and USB. Happened whilst watching a recording.

What's a stable image other than Vix on the new kernel?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
 
froze last night when trying to change from audio with narration to dolby audio on bbc hd I had to reboot to get control with the remote back
 
froze last night when trying to change from audio with narration to dolby audio on bbc hd I had to reboot to get control with the remote back
The same happened to me while watching a recording, but I wasn't interacting with the DUO, just watrching. The screen went black and the DUO didn't respond anymore to the remote (but the little light that acknowledge the command worked). I had to switch it off for 30sec and on again to get it back (no crashlog).

First time something like this happened, in any version of VIX , I have the latest now.

G
 
froze last night when trying to change from audio with narration to dolby audio on bbc hd I had to reboot to get control with the remote back

could these freezes be caused by the key press storage not being cleared as for instance i had pressed tv>>down 3 times>>hd channels>>down twice>>audio>> down once>>ok as i was changing from bbc1 to bbchd which had the dialogue audio on and i wanted dolby audio

this equals 10 key presses consecutively
 
I also had these start happening a lot. do you use CrosEPG with several feeds? Once I reflashed dont have problem, as size of EPG db was quite big and now is small it may be down to lack of memory and the lack of memory seems to be being experienced by others. (I even have a swap file).
 
@joe90 I use crossepg for just 28.2e and after i reflashed and re-initialized the harddrive it ran well for quite some time before the crashes and freezing started again
 
still freezing randomly for me so switching to another image until sorted
 
my duo crashed again this morning after scanning through the epg and selecting men+motors then pressing blue and crossepg downloader the epg started and immediately the duo went to the loading page it restarted with no soun and was unresponsive to the remote
the ref is 1333190465.43
 
my duo crashed again this morning after scanning through the epg and selecting men+motors then pressing blue and crossepg downloader the epg started and immediately the duo went to the loading page it restarted with no soun and was unresponsive to the remote
the ref is 1333190465.43

How many epg sources do you have selected and where is it stored?
 
How many epg sources do you have selected and where is it stored?

I only have 1 epg source and it is stored on a usb stick to which i have applied the fix to prevent it being put to sleep I think the problem is related to the remote key press buffer as the crashes and freezing are after a certain amount of key presses
 
Hi,

I had similar problem described in this thread:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-box-hangs-during-stand-by&highlight=mateoosh

maybe yours are related to this "time wrap" issue as well ?

I was unable to sort it out on my STB and finally moved to VTI, which works (sad to say) far more stable, even using buggy HD-Glass skin.

VTI lacks lot of useful functions comparing to VIX, but finally I don't have to check if my box crashed during record, standby etc.

Anyway I love VIX and for sure will return when all the issues will be resolved.
 
froze after epg update

This morning after the automatic epg update the duo had no sound and was unresponsive to the remote I had to reboot from the mains to get sound and control back
 
I also experience many of the issues in this thread on my Duo.

1.) The EPG crashes every other day. I have one source set (OpenTV) and scheduled to download at 4am. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and I have to manually re-download. EPG is stored on USB.

2.) Every now and again the box will crash. This will usually happen when powering on from standby and something is recording. Only way out is to reboot.

3.) Sometimes the box is unresponsive to the remote. The only way to get it working is a hard reboot.

4.) Sometimes when powering on from standby a channel will have no sound. If I then change channel it comes back.

Despite all these problems I'm sticking with VIX, frankly because its still the best image regardless of the recent issues. And even though the missus is chewing my ear off about the problems!

Keep up the good work VIX team... I'm hoping for a new improved version soon!
 
Which OpenTV source are you using? & are you sure it's the only one downloading?
 
Mine crashed again, for the second time it has taken 7 days to crash.

I think the box needs a reboot if there is some sort of memory leak.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
 
Setting my box to do a full reboot every morning eliminated most of the VIX 2.3 crashes for me.
Menu/Setup/VIX/Power Manager

Other than that, if you have too much or corrupt EPG being processed, it will also crash the box.
 
Setting my box to do a full reboot every morning eliminated most of the VIX 2.3 crashes for me.
Menu/Setup/VIX/Power Manager

Other than that, if you have too much or corrupt EPG being processed, it will also crash the box.

That is what I am going to setup, daily reboot. Always had a single epg and no other plugins now all running off HD
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top